• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

AlbertaSmash

David is way too cool to be seen with you in public

• yes

Votes: 53 64.6%
  • Its true. I am way too cool to be seen with you in public.

Votes: 29 35.4%

• Total voters

Crusayer

Smash Lord
gawd

it's not like every Falco needs to be as fast as Axe or Wes

PP seems to do just fine by doing basic stuff
You talk as if PP does basic stuff. Every Falco at the top employ very consistent tech. While Axe or Wes do a lot of extra stuff, PP and Mango all do other very subtle things in their play.

The tech Wes and Axe employ aren't even purely flashy anymore. They're actually next level metagame and people are gonna start using that stuff soon.

But oh well, Alberta level I guess Lol.

victra♥

crystal skies
Slippi.gg
victra#0
wow lol

also, tech skill has it's merits, but I think players (especially new players) rely on it too much.
i think its because tech skill is something you can easily practice on your own, and it's something that's more tangible in the sense that they can see their improvements and work from there.

everything else just comes from experience

also tech skill is sexy as ****

Stevo

Smash Champion
i think its because tech skill is something you can easily practice on your own, and it's something that's more tangible in the sense that they can see their improvements and work from there.

everything else just comes from experience

also tech skill is sexy as ****
yeah pretty much.

I love watching technical players, especially when they play smart too.

:phone:

GhllieShdeKnife

Smash Ace
I could easily host at night if requested but waiting for response from others
also baker pm me your details and we will setup some friendlies

KlTHKlN

Smash Journeyman
Good news everyone. Tournament will be confirmed within 30 minutes I'm heading to place damage deposit as we speak.

Edit: 16th

lemonlau36

Smash Journeyman
I know how to wavedash :p I just use it very sparingly. There's a whole bunch of other stuff that I need to actually sit down and learn how to do like teching the ledge, anything to do with shines that isn't shine -> full jump lol, good laser spacing, actual good DI, maybe some character specific things... Roy fsmash...

Really that's all I can think of

Tyson651

Smash Lord
Sid trying to wavedash then laughing hysterically (because it looks really choppy/bad) is probably the best memory I have of Sid wavedashing.

Crusayer

Smash Lord
No Sid! Don't go falco at evo lol. We're in the spacie slayer era. Stick with Zelda \o/

Or pika

Crusayer

Smash Lord
Sid making it into bracket would be AMAZING. Even Carl would have trouble at an international lol.

Stevo

Smash Champion
we should really have a tournament at my place. My basement is so set up for it. I've got lots of open space, a pool table and pinball machine, I've got lots of places to sit and a big CRT and a couple small ones.

Would anybody be willing to drive up? It's like 1.5 hours from Edmonton. (or 2 hours ish from the U.

Crusayer

Smash Lord
Are you talking to calgary or edmonton stevo

Edmonton is all smashfests and no tournaments lol

lemonlau36

Smash Journeyman
I think that Axe being in the spotlight has single-handedly ruined my chances of using Pika in a major. People know the tricks now, and he does them with much better flair and consistency than I do. Like, the only reason I beat people with Pika is either A) they don't know how to fight against Pikachu, or B) they're not using Fox.

I may try Zelda for a match if I think it'll work. And if it's not working, there's always her down+B...

I think Marth would be my best character if I learned some more tech

T-block

B2B TST
Any Edmontonians interested in donating to the Melee EVO fund? Particularly those without a way to use WePay?

I'll match up to $50 ^_^ You can pay me cash next time you see me if you can't use WePay. Let me knowwww

Top Bottom