• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

AlbertaSmash

David is way too cool to be seen with you in public

• yes

Votes: 53 64.6%
  • Its true. I am way too cool to be seen with you in public.

Votes: 29 35.4%

• Total voters

GhllieShdeKnife

Smash Ace
I will try to make accomodations but i can only really do so much! I will have an additional room we can play in but have not arranged another t.v.for the room.
for the record i want my tag to be Ghil not the whole spiel.

Tyson651

Smash Lord
paul and allan is a yes tentatively (except allan is a lazy guy so cant rely on his word)

Rush

Smash Apprentice
Woah that's going to be crowded, not to mention other people are probably interested in going. Hopefully we'll be fine.

Taste

Smash Apprentice
James and Kurt as well I think? If someone gives me a ride I can bring a TV. Doesn't help our space issue tho.

Rush

Smash Apprentice
We DO have a facebook group, despite the fact that it is dead and useless. For just smash I sincerely suggest keeping an eye on this thread, it's the best place. For other games, I actually recently started a business called Smash Logic Gaming, and I intend to keep as updated as possible with competitive gaming events there, feel free to check that out as well. (www.smashlogic.ca) (we also have facebook and twitter, those are currently the most reliable for news)
Lol I just checked out Smashlogic for like the first time ever. Not to bad and pretty clean design, though you need more stuff...and you need to purge the forums of the massive spam.

Jams.

+15 Attack
NNID
DumberChild
Well, I was going to mention my interest, but I guess Ben did it for me. It really doesn't help out the space issue though. >.<

GhllieShdeKnife

Smash Ace
It starts at 1:30 and goes till when ever, please come to the back door. I am addressing the potential space problem and can hopefully get 2 decent sized crt's and 2 decently sized rooms.

Taste

Smash Apprentice
We appreciate it Clarke. I'll bring ma setup with.

Anyone else tried PM 2.5? You can reverse a falcon punch 4 times. Too good.

Jams.

+15 Attack
NNID
DumberChild
at this rate there'll be like setups on the street and stuff

only when we have no room inside, in front of the house doesn't work cause it's slanted and we live in Canada can we use cold hand johns
It's k, I'll have gloves.

GhllieShdeKnife

Smash Ace
lol ill have plenty of room, im using a new room entirely, even tho it is really ghetto looking it could fit about 10 people. chairs on the other hand maybe of some concern. If it gets rough some might be sitting on lawn chairs;)
just about to try out 2.5
edit: 2.5 is really good

Niko_K

Smash Master
So how interested would everyone here be in attending a Canadian national in St.Catharines for Melee? It will attempt to include the majority of small communities which exist throughout our nation in clusters from province to province. I have a large venue with a 200+ capacity that I can rent for a mere $200 daily including bar to purchase soft drinks or alcoholic beverages with ID. This means that the day is covered from 20 individuals paying their venue fees allowing us to divert the excess funds from venue fees into a pot bonus to either extend who places within the money or increase the earnings of those who win.

Considering that it's a beachside venue I would aim to have this run Mid-End of July. I would love to hear everyone's thoughts.

KlTHKlN

Smash Journeyman
Lol I just checked out Smashlogic for like the first time ever. Not to bad and pretty clean design, though you need more stuff...and you need to purge the forums of the massive spam.
Well thank you!

and yeah, currently it's only me working on it, and believe me, I get pretty busy, I did everything you see there myself (besides the one review my brother did to help me fill in space) I do have more content coming but jesus these last two months have been literal hell for me.

As for the spam issue, yes, I've been trying various methods, and also just took a trip to edmonton for the holidays with no internet, I am about to check them and I imagine they are awful.

So how interested would everyone here be in attending a Canadian national in St.Catharines for Melee? It will attempt to include the majority of small communities which exist throughout our nation in clusters from province to province. I have a large venue with a 200+ capacity that I can rent for a mere $200 daily including bar to purchase soft drinks or alcoholic beverages with ID. This means that the day is covered from 20 individuals paying their venue fees allowing us to divert the excess funds from venue fees into a pot bonus to either extend who places within the money or increase the earnings of those who win.

Considering that it's a beachside venue I would aim to have this run Mid-End of July. I would love to hear everyone's thoughts.
This sounds really epic, the only concern on my side is I'd love to come but with the possibility of going to evo, money around that time would be very tight and I'd have to hope for incredible flights.

Top Bottom