• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

AlbertaSmash

David is way too cool to be seen with you in public

• yes

Votes: 53 64.6%
  • Its true. I am way too cool to be seen with you in public.

Votes: 29 35.4%

• Total voters

Taste

Smash Apprentice
Will be heading out shortly. Clarke save a tv for moi!

Anytime99, I'm guessing you've talked to Clarke and know how to get to his house?

Tyson651

Smash Lord
I will be,slightly late. Friend and I are going out for lunch first and there's a long wait line

:phone:

KlTHKlN

Smash Journeyman
Lemme know how the new guy does. I'm hoping he just destroys paul and simon. like, that would make my day

Stevo

Smash Champion
thanks for hosting Clarke!

Also, I declare Tyson the winner of this smashfest, since he probably won the most matches of anyone, seeing as I owe all my wins to him (singles and doubles)

sleak-

Smash Journeyman
props to clarke for hosting, i thought your brother was you

ggs to all games played

i enjoyed the games we played steveo

i wanna see Victor or arthur vs Ron in a big money match

If there is ever another alberta tournament then i would like to MM Luke Steveo and Jack :D

Taste

Smash Apprentice
Fun games today. Can't believe we lost to Trash-Talkin-Tyson though. Arthur: you're in the doghouse mister.

Some PM observations: Snake is fun, Ivy is the best new char, and James has a great Charizard.

Salty shoututs since I been pestered
Clarke: Annoying *** springy Sonic
Kurt: Boring *** boring Marth
Mo: Half of a Falcon team that couldn't beat a turtle and a kid
Sam: Nice meeting you

GhllieShdeKnife

Smash Ace
you were pretty good for someone new.
this is true, good understanding of the game.

also my parents want me to host more so when is the next time that works for people?
not even joking, got this place set up so i can host right away if wanted!

Jams.

+15 Attack
NNID
DumberChild
Fun games today. Can't believe we lost to Trash-Talkin-Tyson though. Arthur: you're in the doghouse mister.

Some PM observations: Snake is fun, Ivy is the best new char, and James has a great Charizard.

Salty shoututs since I been pestered
Clarke: Annoying *** springy Sonic
Kurt: Boring *** boring Marth
Mo: Half of a Falcon team that couldn't beat a turtle and a kid
Sam: Nice meeting you

That match was hilarious. "Your partner is gonna get rested." I think Tyson did an upthrow rest when Arthur was at 60%.

Those salty shout-outs. Who's the other half of that Falcon team? XD

Tyson651

Smash Lord
Haha, I think Ben trash talked me more than my total amount of trash talk to Arthur.

ruhtraeel

Smash Ace
Thanks for hosting Clarke

I've never been more salty in my life, I played horrible in doubles and in singles against Victor, and the next time I play you guys, I will be back with a vengeance.

Ben if we can turn it into two 1v1's where you just stall Tyson and I go after Mo then I think it's ez

Shots fired

Taste

Smash Apprentice
First game stocks used: Ben: 2 Arthur: 6

When I had said go someone different game 2 and you picked another spacie we kinda lost there.
I think we woulda took it if you went GNW or puff. How would Tyson have beat another Puff quickly?

Stevo

Smash Champion
this is true, good understanding of the game.

also my parents want me to host more so when is the next time that works for people?
not even joking, got this place set up so i can host right away if wanted!
if you host again in the next 5 days I can come lol

playing against falcalgary was fun. In the past, Falco and Fox have always been tough matchups for my Sheik. I need a lot of work on my tech chases and edge guarding the most effective way lol. Also, I get lazy because I'm rusty lol, not out of disrespect, in case anyone thought that.

Limeee

Smash Champion
you should all give 2.5 a solid try, the spacies feel a lot better to me now

lots of engine improvements and balance changes as well as many random convenient features
this is mainly directed at arthur

:009:

GhllieShdeKnife

Smash Ace
if you host again in the next 5 days I can come lol.
I want to sooo badly, who is down?
When can people come, also i have no new year's plans and may be forced to play rummoli with my parents l8r. someone rescue me. shoutouts to moe for coming and blowing off his parents for about 2 hours while they called him. P:M doubles is the best thing ever with moe. i could play with him for hours owning you scrubs. his snake+my sonic on sse:jungle is possibly the best team in calgary lol

GhllieShdeKnife

Smash Ace
Awesome Free Single Elim Random Doubles Tournament Bracket
Tyson and Moe vs Simon and Clarke
Kurt and Henry vs Tyson and Moe l Stevo and Sam vs Simon and Clarke
Kurt and Henry vs James and Paul l Ben Arthur vs Tyson and Moe

Awesome Free Single Elim Random Doubles Tournament Results
1. Tyson and Moe
2. Simon
3. Kurt and Henry
4. James and Paul
4. Stevo and Sam
4. Ben and Arthur

If you guys want to PM me team names i will update.
if anyone actually takes these results seriously lol

ruhtraeel

Smash Ace
First game stocks used: Ben: 2 Arthur: 6

When I had said go someone different game 2 and you picked another spacie we kinda lost there.
I think we woulda took it if you went GNW or puff. How would Tyson have beat another Puff quickly?
In hindsight I guess with the characters being played, G&W may have been a legitimate counterpick.

It's not so much just for the fact that I picked a spacie, because in doubles I can usually hold my own against Tyson's Puff if I don't choke with Falco/Fox, like when it was Paul and I vs Tyson and Steve. I choked HARD there though, because the first match I couldn't DI at all for some reason, and the second match, I just didn't do enough.

So my doubles experiences reaches an all time high by getting 1st with Tom and I vs Brad and Mo, to an all time low by getting 2-0'ed by Tyson and Mo.

I say we MM them to another match.

you should all give 2.5 a solid try, the spacies feel a lot better to me now

lots of engine improvements and balance changes as well as many random convenient features
this is mainly directed at arthur

:009:
I did try out 2.5 recently, and it feels a bit better, but the spacies still feel quite different and I'm probably not going to pick them up again. However, other characters actually turned out surprisingly fun to play, especially Toon Link for me. I think if I ever get more serious at P:M, I would use him and possibly G&W if he gets his Melee d-throw back.

Also, is it just me, or is tilting your control stick in P:M still a bit different? It seems like when I want to do a regular getup from the stage, I need to press quite a bit further up than in Melee.

Also, the way I played against Victor was embarassing as well, especially with the semi-crowd. At U of C, games can be traded easily (although Victor still wins more), but I panicked and shielded against lasers and forgot to WD OoS and jab through the lasers and stuff.

But that was just more me being horrible at Falco dittos and having an inconsistent Fox, give me a floaty to play plz

GhllieShdeKnife

Smash Ace
Arthur seems to think paul is hosting on tuesday, i would like to host right away and if anyone does not have new years plans tonight i would love to smash with someone tonight, ill probably be up until 4 am so no time is too late. Please MOE Please!!
tuesday would work well for me, maybe paul just reacted to me saying i wouldnt be hosting anymore. to clear that up i just thought my parents had put in enough but they want me to hold more
@above get exposed arthur
edit: paul is having arthur over for secret practice Shhh

GhllieShdeKnife

Smash Ace
lol
wow a try for me!
your the best;)
Im going to be hosting next saturday and 1 day this week, please everyone let me know what day works best for you!

Top Bottom