• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

AlbertaSmash

David is way too cool to be seen with you in public

• yes

Votes: 53 64.6%
  • Its true. I am way too cool to be seen with you in public.

Votes: 29 35.4%

• Total voters

Stevo

Smash Champion
not sure if above is just marthmonton nonsense or a personal flaming of me in reference to this video. http://youtu.be/pHmYtlcPkEQ probably the former but could be a bit of both;)
im probably reading too much into it as usual
it's Marthberta, not Marthmonton.

back before there was falcalgary

and reallifemonton

and no, I don't think anyone was referencing that video or flaming you

EDIT
Actually, I'll explain it a bit.

There was a time when MikeMonkey still played, where he mained marth, Carl quit falco and was going marth (sometimes fox), Dan was Marth (sometimes falcon), and even I started playing marth more. Now, you might be thinking "but those are all edmonton players!".

but you see, Marthberta transcends the calgary/edmonton rivalry. It didn't matter if you were calgary or edmonton, if you were Asian or Brad, played marth or not.... you played marth.

KlTHKlN

Smash Journeyman
lmao not my fault that no one else knows how to beat you but me, i ain't even mad

so with the recent blizzard, i'm a bit uneasy with this trip. Drive safely everyone! LOL
It's actually like, record hot weather in Calgary.

Lol wtf Edmonton vs Edmonton shots

Ron I'll do it for $1

EDIT: Wait aren't all MM's covered by the crew battle MM anyways
Crew battle is not an acceptable form of money match and does not settle persnal vendettas. Do not confuse anything. Besides I wouldn't put you up against him when the time comes lol.

if you were Asian or Brad, played marth or not.... you played marth.
Real talk. Calgary's top ranks consisted of myself, Alex, and Levi (of course there was Pro impact, Preston, Jeremy, Chad, etc. But lets be honest, the people who were regular shows were myself levi and alex) and all of us played Marth too.

Well, I played downsmash, but it still worked.

Falco vs Falco is easy

it's AT LEAST 60:60 matchup, if not better
bolded for truth

victra♥

crystal skies
Slippi.gg
victra#0
Brad just want to confirm that Darren Connor and I are staying with Clark from Friday till Sunday morning?

:phone:

KlTHKlN

Smash Journeyman
Clarke, just want to confirm that Darren Connor and I are staying with Clark from Friday till Sunday morning?

Fixed.

Thats the way it seems honestly, if thats alright with you? I seem the most capable of housing the biggest load (even though Luke's car STINKS) so therefore everything else is pretty much set in stone.

if someone (Brandon/Tyson/Ben) between those three can talk to the others about the possibilities of splitting that car between the two, that would be cool, since I never got confirmation of that.

KlTHKlN

Smash Journeyman
I seriously should've sent myself against that ****, but I didn't think everyone would just lose to it lol

victra♥

crystal skies
Slippi.gg
victra#0
Not sure what you fixed there but ok

Ok thanks brad. We may or may not be there fri night depending on if Darren can take the day off or not.

Can I get in contact with Clarke? Does he have facebook?

KlTHKlN

Smash Journeyman
He does have facebook, I'll send him a message.

FOR ANYONE WHO LIKE. NEEDS IT. 403-804-5675 IS MY NUMBER. WRITE THAT **** DOWN

KlTHKlN

Smash Journeyman
once again letting you know the weather is the best it's been in months here.

Not that that helps, but like, maybe?

Tyson651

Smash Lord
you guys will be fine. its not even gonna snow in edmonton from thurs-sat.

i've driven on the highway with a corolla (light as fack) with that same snow, and not even with winter tires.

Alphicans

Smash Hero
The weather should not scare anyone. It snowed today and that's it... The highway will be cleared and half way there the roads will be perfect. Also I am a pretty safe driver but I like scaring mark cause its easy

Taste

Smash Apprentice
Is the weather really that nasty up there? Like Brad said it was nearly tropical here until late today.

Kuraudo

4Aerith
NNID
Kuraudo
Is the weather really that nasty up there? Like Brad said it was nearly tropical here until late today.
To put it bluntly, to take a bus from St. Albert to Edmonton? It would take 3 hours.

... 3 HOURS.

S'pretty nasty. If it lets up, I'll still be going, and yeah the highways aren't usually too bad. But either way, last thing I wanna do is risk anyone in uber brutal conditions. At least when it was the trip to BC it was just slushy and not so much slippery.

Crusayer

Smash Lord
Man, this would be the most anti-climatic tournament ever if we cancel everything.

Hype up giant movement of out of city players, none of them show up.

I really hope everything works out `-`.

Frio

Smash Champion
Oh plz luke, you ran over a bush once and you couldn't break for **** another time. We're all going to die.

KlTHKlN

Smash Journeyman
I think I would agree.

To put it bluntly, to take a bus from St. Albert to Edmonton? It would take 3 hours.

... 3 HOURS.
I don't know if it's just a calgary thing, but being on various busses for 3 hours sounds like my daily routine to cross half the city.

Also brandon, can you talk to tyson and ben so that I can be sure you're housed and not worry?

GhllieShdeKnife

Smash Ace
lol calgary transit is soo bad, we dont even have trains going in 4 directions.
I stood outside for 45 mins for the bus this morning and barely even got on.
Im gonna do something but i still think getting a hotel would be awesome, but i think it would be hard to find 1 anyways this weekend

Tyson651

Smash Lord
so will there be an after tourney hang out at late night?

yes ye syeyesyeyseyes?

Quaff

Smash Rookie
I'm going to go on a murderous rampage if I can't get someone to cover my shift on Saturday. Too hype

KlTHKlN

Smash Journeyman
To be fair, every time I talk about this ****, nobody believes me. Even after I like, confirm it.

That ain't no NitroBlazer tournament.

Also Tyson, depending on what exactly happens, I would be so ****ing down for like, a massive BP's run after it ends.

Quaff

Smash Rookie
You'll be the first victim, Clarke.

Also, I booked the day off, but my c*** of a GM scheduled me anyways

Top Bottom