• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

AlbertaSmash

David is way too cool to be seen with you in public

• yes

Votes: 53 64.6%
  • Its true. I am way too cool to be seen with you in public.

Votes: 29 35.4%

• Total voters

KlTHKlN

Smash Journeyman
I appreciate the help Tyson, but I am running this with the FGCC so we'll see how hands go, I don't want too many chiefs not enough indians, you know?

But yeah, I'll probably get a head who knows whats going on for each game.

IMO the most important tournament is Melee, just because as far as tournaments go, it's the most competitive, however, I do want to run all three as there seems to be real interest in all three. I'd really not want to cancel one of them after people showed such interest.

I do understand time is a major constraint, but I will also not be flexible as I have no time to flex with, events will start at times cold, registration will end when planned, etc. Only making exceptions for good causes.

I honestly intend to get all three games going for doubles off the get go I think, I'll have to think about it, it depends who's entering really. I'm hoping to naturally kind of stagger singles but I know melee will be running at the same time as brawl/P:M because gamecubes =/= Wii's and we'll pretty much have to anyways.

GhllieShdeKnife

Smash Ace
so i will be able to bring 2 setups for sure. housing is still uncertain unfortunately.
i say to hell with P:M doubles, i think it would be pretty apparent from friendlies who the top teams r. also consider how many people(like myself) will be playing p:m very casually even in tourney because of lack of experience. I think that would be the only event reasonable to cancel of the 6, i have stated my opinion!

Limeee

Smash Champion
i think if something is to be booted it should be upto the vote of the out of city players

i mean we're coming all the way down to calgary you may as well cater to us

:009:

GhllieShdeKnife

Smash Ace
I agree that people driving in should have the priority on what is dropped but noone actually suggested we drop any events other than me, and also if you actually stated what you would rather drop that might be helpful to brad if he does want to drop an event.

KlTHKlN

Smash Journeyman
Don't worry, everyone has a vote, and thats why I intend to give you everything. I have a pretty good suspicion that people will not really be entering every event each, so it'll work out that way

If I had to sack anything, it'd be brawl doubles or brawl related as it's gotten the least interest, but EVEN THEN, no plans to sack anything. I really can't expect to run over time untill I actually know how many people will be there

KlTHKlN

Smash Journeyman
I would be ok with more, but I'm not even sure how many we can fit in that room tbqh, right now we could have up to ten, assuming everything pulls through, but that never means much knowing tournaments day of

GhllieShdeKnife

Smash Ace
I could bring my crtv if someone would drive me;), wow hype number of people viewing this thread right now
moe we should continue on facebook
without cords? what exactly does that mean: the sensor bar and cord, av jacks, and power adaptor?
that kinda makes it useless if we would have to replace it with anothers cords!
unless you know of someone here that has extras and no wii for some reason?

KlTHKlN

Smash Journeyman
Well the good news is, as long as we have like, one or two sensor bars, we really shouldn't need more. But we would need the appropriate power and rca cables, otherwise it's a moot point unless you know someone with a spare set of cords.

Also, to cover that issue, no, we cannot have a full time P:M friendly tv.

At least, I can't promise that. We're working on what is one of the tightest schedules any tournament in Alberta has run on in a long time, currently we're running two events (singles/doubles) for each game, and will require as much time as possible. The good news is that means there will be a LOT of P:M to be played one way or another, the bad news means, friendlies will be kept to a low untill I am certain we will make it.

That being said, if I am in any way capable of making it happen, I promise you I will do my best to get P:M friendlies. That and once housing is covered, I assure you most people will be down to play before and after. I sure will be.

Tyson651

Smash Lord
So there's no luck for housing with a lot of people. I asked around on people who haven't posted here and they can't provide housing with a few that im waiting a response on. So its pretty much brad, Clarke, any brawl people, you guys will need to step up lol. Don't think my place is viable since people in the same carpool will be all at one house, and anything more than one person will get too cramped at my place.

:phone:

Tyson651

Smash Lord
Lol Steve, I haven't played at all for a long time so I'll need to step it up with some practice this coming few days

And ya, teaming with Luke

:phone:

Stevo

Smash Champion
yeah I haven't played melee in ages.
Actually, for the last 4 years I have basically not really played at all, other than half a tournament here or there (lol)
Looking forward to changing that this weekend though! Plus, we have to prove to all these new players that us old timers still know how to play.

Tyson651

Smash Lord
alright let me make a list of who's housing and how many spots open:

brad = ? people
clarke = ? people
tyson = 2 people

last resort places

ben (taste) = 2 people (preferred brawlers)
steve = 1 person

will update when i get more info from peeps

KlTHKlN

Smash Journeyman
Well who's car has got what? I can house people, (comfort at levels of 6 people is not really the best, know that) and by that I mean provide a basement with a couch and mattress and some sleeping bags.

I would like to know who's coming in what cars though,
I assume steve + 1/0
Luke +4
Connor + 4?

edit: forgive me for my rudeness, but I am asking to choose who I house =P

Limeee

Smash Champion
luke has me (Jamie) luke, mark, anothony, and keith (i think)

brandon is taking himself, jack, ron and stephan

connor's car idk

:009:

KlTHKlN

Smash Journeyman
**** brandon's car too. right.

Steve's car i'm not worried about, honestly, if it's 1 person, they can stay with like, steve if we can't find anyone.

So basically if I can confirm Clarke to take one car, I take another, we could split some between ben and tyson (if ben can)

edit: I'm honestly thinking of who I wanna vouch to host for based on who would be the most fun to play Cards Against Humanity with

doble edit: well, that and more honestly the fact that some people are coming for different time frames, and I want to make sure Clarke or whoever else can host whoever long enough, if he can only one one night, and some people are only here one night, I have to make that happen

Tyson651

Smash Lord
also after the tourney, i'm sure we can all hang out and **** till late at someone's house, then leave to their respective housing spots

Frio

Smash Champion
I've played a drinking game that was like cards against humanity. you got a drink every time your answer was picked. Forgot wtf it was called when I played it though.

GhllieShdeKnife

Smash Ace
I have to talk to my parents about it but im pretty sure I could get them on board pretty easily. the room(and basement) is pretty creepy and not very warm tho. I would pitch on a motel room so we could smash till early hours and it would probably be warmer.

victra♥

crystal skies
Slippi.gg
victra#0
connors car is just going to be he and i

turns out sean forgot he was going to vancouver lol

KlTHKlN

Smash Journeyman
Well that would be up to your respective parties. I dunno how much people wanna spend if any on housing, they might just prefer cheap easy

oh, well ok, thats a lot easier then I guess...

Lemme think...

So we got Luke party of 5, Connor party of 2, Brandon party of 4, and Steve

edit: Clarke how many people could you host? I don't have THAT much space.

Top Bottom