• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Alberta Brawl PR[{(()[{}{}}}{December 13th, 2011]BETTER THAN BC{}{})){))))((8======3

Hussler

Smash Rookie
No, I'm new, I've been stalking the site for a while, but never really felt the need to join. (As you can tell by my 5(?) posts) lol

Hussler

Smash Rookie
But if you are wondering about my skill level, I beat (90% sure) Calgary's best Snake (but as I said before, Calgary brawl sucks)

Hussler

Smash Rookie
I don't know his account name or anything, but his real name is Luca. I've played him twice; Once in a tournament last year (He was second in the tourney, and I got ***** early on), and last month in a money match (which I won).

EDIT: LOL KillL0ck, I've practiced a lot since we played last, but I'm coming for you.

Bread~

Smash Journeyman
I wish I lived in Edmonton :'(, Calgary doesn't have any good brawl tourney's.

It kills me to see that Dedede and Falco aren't really on that list... Maybe I'll come to Edmonton sometime and show you the power of DEDEDE. =D (Even though I'm really not that good :p)
What are you talking about? Luke/Alphicans plays downthrow more than any other character

No, I'm new, I've been stalking the site for a while, but never really felt the need to join. (As you can tell by my 5(?) posts) lol
If you ever bothered to talk to us we might've been able to accomodate you, even though we don't play brawl

But if you are wondering about my skill level, I beat (90% sure) Calgary's best Snake (but as I said before, Calgary brawl sucks)
Money Match?

I don't know his account name or anything, but his real name is Luca. I've played him twice; Once in a tournament last year (He was second in the tourney, and I got ***** early on), and last month in a money match (which I won).

EDIT: LOL KillL0ck, I've practiced a lot since we played last, but I'm coming for you.
See, I didn't even know we had tournaments?

Hussler

Smash Rookie
What are you talking about? Luke/Alphicans plays downthrow more than any other character
I only saw 1 Falco on the rankings, and 0 Dedede's. I was talking about the lack of those two.

If you ever bothered to talk to us we might've been able to accomodate you, even though we don't play brawl
Forgive me.

Money Match?
Money match.

See, I didn't even know we had tournaments?
Last year was the only brawl tourney in Calgary I know of, but I got better by asking around and playing the best brawler people knew.

calgary should play moar brawl
Yes, Calgary needs more Brawl, but I'm transferring to BC next year and from what I've heard, Brawl isn't even mentioned there lol.

victra♥

crystal skies
Slippi.gg
victra#0
haha just to give you a heads up, Bread (Brad) can be pretty lame on smashboards. He's nicer once you meet him.

But you play melee too though right? Judging from your sig.

Bread~

Smash Journeyman
I think we'd do a lot more if we even had enough players to run a decent tournament.

Seriously, a million freaking calgary "players" who never post or involve themselves in anything. I know we are pretty much the most unforgiving city when it comes to smash (I blame Levi, he hates everyone) but seriously, if you ever want us to play brawl, and I mean ever. You have to actually ask us to play brawl.

Currently we have me alex and levi (I guess Riley counts too) who play a little when we have time, but it's not about the smash at all.

Then we have Abdi, Allan, Paul, Simon and Danny, all Allan + friends, who occasionally get together, but don't tell anyone about it.

Like, I dunno, it's really dumb, because even if I tried to get people together, I would post "hosting etc etc." and nobody would even post. I'd call alex and levi, and if they're not working, they'd come. But the rest would be a mystery untill the day of, and because of that, we're also getting nobody from Oot/Newcomers, because they're all too scared.

tl;dr Sadface at calgary's smash scene

Bread~

Smash Journeyman
edit: Yeah sorry Hussler, I'm pretty much a **** on the boards, because I write whatever comes to mind, even if it doesn't make sense with what I am currently typing.

But do you have msn? If you're willing to host/get together I could play with you sometime (preferably both melee and brawl, not just brawl)

And I am totally down for a money match. Name your terms.

edit: brb getting milk

edit2: actually I'll get milk in a second, if you dont want to post your e-mail for msn, mine is kithsune@gmail.com add me.

victra♥

crystal skies
Slippi.gg
victra#0
lol Brad, Calgary sounds pretty ****. I bet you miss the good ol' days with Randall and his Bi-weeklies hey? =P

Hussler

Smash Rookie
But you play melee too though right? Judging from your sig.
Yeah I play melee too, but I am much better at brawl.

tl;dr Sadface at calgary's smash scene
Let's try to run a Calgary brawl tourney next month, we could post it on Smashboards, AIB, and maybe even place some posters around the UofC?

I know at least 7 people who think they are amazing, then with your friends and some advertising I think we could have a legit Calgary brawl tourney.

EDIT: Don't worry about acting like an ***, I was talking like I was some amazing player anyways lol. Besides, about the Snake I played, I don't think he even knew how to momentum cancel (but i know he was still second in a tourney...)

EDIT2: I'll add you, but we won't be able to play until January most likely, (finals + vacation = no smash for a month)

Bread~

Smash Journeyman
Not really, I miss the good ol' days of about 3-6 months after that, when everybody got together and did stuff.

Then Joel complained about how Levi was a ***** for not accomodating everyone, so Levi stopped hosting. Therefore nobody hosted. Therefore smash ended.

tl;dr Joel ended Calgary smash, by complaining about the only person who could ever host smash, and how he didn't do it enough for Joel to be happy.

Bread~

Smash Journeyman
edit: Hussler, I would be down for running that, I have quite a bit of hosting knowledge under my belt, once again add my msn if you have it.

I don't know how many people I would actually be able to convince to come, but if we host it, it's more likely to get real responses.

In this case, I suggest you put it under your name, so you get credit, considering untill we actually get to know eachother, you'll pretty much be doing to work, cause I don't go to UofC or know if we can host it there etc.

Hussler

Smash Rookie
I'm not sure about hosting at the UofC, but I know you are allowed to put ads around so I'll see what I can do.

Bread~

Smash Journeyman
Oh, well regardless, I have no idea what you had in mind, so we'll talk.

Hussler

Smash Rookie
Alright, well I gotta crash now (need to wake up at 7am...). But meeting you all was pretty chill. Night.

EDIT: Btw if you're wondering, my real name is Farhan, but most people just call me Huss anyways haha.

Alphicans

Smash Hero
I know there's been a few people from calgary who play brawl that have an account on smashboards, but they all seem to be inactive now. There was a guy name... smaci I believe? I know he was really active for awhile, and then just fell off the planet, but it would be cool to see if some of these other people would come out of their cave to play brawl.

victra♥

crystal skies
Slippi.gg
victra#0
yeah I remember smaci. The guy was hella active on the boards and then all of a sudden he just like. left. :/

Bread~

Smash Journeyman
Hylian Hero, Dreadheaddude, Junawri, and a bunch of others.

Where you at?!!?!

victra♥

crystal skies
Slippi.gg
victra#0
I remember dreadheaddude at AME, it's hard to forget that guy, he's g.

XD Poor guys always like "hit me up when calgary has brawl tournies :<" on allisbrawl ages ago.

You know whats funny, Randall00 modded Canada back at allisbrawl. I liked it.

Bread~

Smash Journeyman
I think I still have mod powers on the bowser boards for allisbrawl =3

I blame Randall for alll the cool new people dissapearing when brawl came out, because he advertised that site so much, and himself aswell, then he didn't pull through, I don't blame him for not pulling through, but he basically converted them to looking to him almost religiously for info, he wouldnt even give us their phone numbers.

victra♥

crystal skies
Slippi.gg
victra#0
LOLOL ACTUALLY? XD wtf

Hey, but those bi-weeklies did draw a lot of attention and you guys got really good really quickly because of them =P

Bread~

Smash Journeyman
Actually, me getting good had nothing to do withe the Bi-weeklies, the bi weeklies were bad for me, because my awful falco actually beat almost everyone.

once they stopped I got a lot better.

That being said, it's not that I'm glad they're gone.

The_Game

Smash Apprentice
it was nice getting money from a video game, and I got to play people from the north. That's all I really miss. Oh also Dean is one of the funniest people I've ever met. and also we got to see chad, but that had nothing to do with the biweeklies

Hansel34

Smash Cadet
As a fellow calgary brawler, I would love the idea of a brawl tourney, i lurk the forums mostly, and i have a few friends who would love to go to a tourney.

victra♥

crystal skies
Slippi.gg
victra#0
There are more calgary brawl players than I thought. XD You guys should really host something lol.

Jams.

+15 Attack
NNID
DumberChild
Yeah I play melee too, but I am much better at brawl.

Let's try to run a Calgary brawl tourney next month, we could post it on Smashboards, AIB, and maybe even place some posters around the UofC?

I know at least 7 people who think they are amazing, then with your friends and some advertising I think we could have a legit Calgary brawl tourney.

EDIT: Don't worry about acting like an ***, I was talking like I was some amazing player anyways lol. Besides, about the Snake I played, I don't think he even knew how to momentum cancel (but i know he was still second in a tourney...)

EDIT2: I'll add you, but we won't be able to play until January most likely, (finals + vacation = no smash for a month)
That would be be really cool. =D
Also, you guys obviously have no clue who I am, but I've lurked Alberta threads for a while. =/
Oh ya, I'm also an irl friend of Hansel's (probably the one best at Brawl since all his other ones suck). XD
Anyway, I've been looking for a Brawl tourney in Calgary for a while (the only one I've ever been to was Otafest 2009 but that wasn't really competeitve...). I can't really go to Edmonton, since being fifteen means you have to beg your parents to drive you, and that's not gonna happen for a video game tournament. I would play Melee but my parents would never get it; heck, they even took my Wii away so I haven't play brawl for a while. T.T

Hansel34

Smash Cadet
Oh, and Hussler, I play snake and I am hopefully somewhat decent :p, lets play sometimes!

Jams.

+15 Attack
NNID
DumberChild
Calgary gettin' a scene!

future edmonton & calgary rivalry?!
That will probably take a while unless we (the randoms) turn out to be amazing (and I do not think any of us are amazing). I don't think there's anyone in Calgary who both enjoys Brawl and is really good. Than again, maybe someone will surprise me. =O

Anyway, hype for future Calgary + Edmonton Brawl rivalry!!! =D

Top Bottom