• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Alberta Brawl PR[{(()[{}{}}}{December 13th, 2011]BETTER THAN BC{}{})){))))((8======3

Alphicans

Smash Hero
Yeah but in your first post you said that you wanted to average and at the same time you want to update after every tournament. Updating after every two tournaments avoids all of the issues you brought up in your argument. Also you even contradicted yourself in your initial post by saying that one time tournament placings don't fully show where someone should be placed where at the same time you want an update after every tournament. Honestly make up your mind, do you want it done fairly or do you want it done on the fly and reflecting how people placed the day of? Taking friendlies into consideration is humorous, but I do think MM's should be included, butt he problem is no one does MM's, and if they are done they don't get noticed/no one knows about them. After two tournaments we have a larger sample size, and unlike including tournaments from the past the two tournaments will count for the same value which means there are two chances for equal assessment of the players. I know PR's can get the community hyped up and such and I am glad I've done this for the community, but with people saying that an update after every tournament is the best choice is, in my mind, ridiculous.

Kuraudo

4Aerith
NNID
Kuraudo
Should have mentioned that opinions can change over time too. It's not about making up my mind so much as it is changing my mind after we first got started on this. So sorry for the confusion on that front. There's no contradictions here when this is where I stand.

Doing it fairly, in my mind, involves constant updates as we go along and keeping up to date. There's the possibility of forgetting about the first tournament, and assessing the second tournament before an update, when if you want to do it that way, both should be taken into account. Which means that you have to analyze how they placed and who they fought in two tournaments, rather then just one. On the fly, tournaments can happen. But on the fly, people can improve in skill as well. Less work, just more updates.

And whoa whoa whoa, I never said anything about including results from the past tournaments. I mean updating them from tournaments here in the now. Not sure where I may have said that, but that's not what I meant to include old results.

Alphicans

Smash Hero
Forgetting the other tournament seems like a pretty flawed point Brandon, sorry to say. We'd have the bracket to look at, so we'll know who beat who, and any big upsets will definitely be remembered. I don't see the problem there. I mentioned including older tournaments just as an alternate choice because it's the only other viable option.

KillL0ck

Smash Ace
I like the way Socal does their PR: http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=171141&highlight=Norcal

It's pretty accurate and covers pretty much everything, it also acknowledges many other factors aside from just tournament placing. Also it looks like they like to update after every Major/National tournament, we really only have ADAT as a Major tournament, sou kawaii is pretty much small fry. And Canada rarely has any National tournaments, at least none that we attend.

Kuraudo

4Aerith
NNID
Kuraudo
I like SoCal's methods of doing the power rankings. Sou Kawaii Monthlies are small fry, yeah. But in the end, asides ADAT which only happens once a year, that's all we have. That's why I was suggesting the constant updates after every tournament. Until we get more major tournaments consistently, I see no harm in more dicussion and more upgrades.

You are right though on that front, Luke. Forgetting old tournaments entirely isn't a good idea, but focusing on how one does here and now first of all? That's the important part.

We can forget about what I said about the friendlies factor, I guess. MM's & who you play WHILE you're in the tournament though doesn't sound like a bad idea of factors to consider asides placings.

T-block

B2B TST
judging from my discussions with luke, there's nothing wrong with how the PR is done now. we do take into account who beat whom, and as far as i know, we do value that more than where you place. that's how it's always been =\

i don't see the problem here

The_Game

Smash Apprentice
I dunno Kevin and I have to figure out who is better

or is this including lvl9 metabread

Alphicans

Smash Hero
It'll be interesting to see what happens.

Will I lose to Jack again and move down to 3rd? Will Mark decide to come back on the PR, or will I just force it to happen? Will Arsenal/fiji/wilson step it up and give us a run for our money, or will Mike surprise us with his new Diddy? And what about Brandon and DWC? Could they possibly be contenders for doubles?

All of this and more on the next episode of Sou Kawaii!

Fraser

Smash Journeyman
It'll be interesting to see what happens.

Will I lose to Jack again and move down to 3rd? Will Mark decide to come back on the PR, or will I just force it to happen? Will Arsenal/fiji/wilson step it up and give us a run for our money, or will Mike surprise us with his new Diddy? And what about Brandon and DWC? Could they possibly be contenders for doubles?

All of this and more on the next episode of Sou Kawaii!
Will the dark horse Fraser come out of nowhere and take fourth before being ***** by Jack?!?!

victra♥

crystal skies
Slippi.gg
victra#0
Thats another one for the list of everything maiko is good at.

Actually, it'd be easier to list everything maiko isn't good at.

No but seriously, very slick PR. You should make one for melee...=D

Limeee

Smash Champion
wow i don't have a single complaint with the new list!

congrats to fraser, colin, and kurado for being the only ones without a secondary!

victra♥

crystal skies
Slippi.gg
victra#0
I think I wanna play brawl seriously so I can have my name on that pretty little list.

zeriph

Smash Journeyman
Props to Fraser on a huge improvement. It's nice to see another WC ROB player out there going big.

ChaosDrifter

Smash Lord
nice job making it back onto PR kuraudo, and going only sonic too! way to step it up

also holy **** fraser ur getting good fast, nice job in making #7, im impressed!

Kuraudo

4Aerith
NNID
Kuraudo
Do it, Vic! Since I can drive and go places now, I kinda wanna try and get back into Melee with Ganon and maaaybe Marth. As long as I don't play Melee/Brawl on the same day at tourneys or something. :p ... Not that I ever would get on the Melee PR. D:

Learn someone like Wario. We could use one of those here. :D That, and you get to **** on people.

Top Bottom