• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Alberta Brawl Power Rankings!**ON HIATUS**

Status
Not open for further replies.

kithkin

Smash Champion
Mike, I can be calgary rep, but if Levi is willing, definately pick him over me, I mean definately pick him over me.

and yeah, do you want my thread? we can expand it to make it the full Alberta PR, and that way you don't need to worry about mission statements and all the rough stuff.

victra♥

crystal skies
Slippi.gg
victra#0
Mike, I can be calgary rep, but if Levi is willing, definately pick him over me, I mean definately pick him over me.

and yeah, do you want my thread? we can expand it to make it the full Alberta PR, and that way you don't need to worry about mission statements and all the rough stuff.
yeah, definitely.

Beeble

Smash Journeyman
Alright, so after much discussion between Victor, Brad and Myself, along with input from Luke, Sid and Carl, this is the list.

1. Carl (various, Edmonton)
2. SuPeRbOoM (various, Fort Sask)
3. Mike P (various, Edmonton)
4. xpiritflare (Marth/Falco, Calgary)
5. Levi (ROY, Calgary)
6. LemonLau (Pikachu, Edmonton)
7. Tyson (Falco, Edmonton)
8. MagnuM (Marth, Edmonton)
9. Jarrod (Falcon/Ganon, Edmonton)
10. Beeble (Jigglypuff/ICs, Edmonton)
11. Kithkin (Sheik, Calgary)
12. Alphicans (various, Edmonton)
13. Janitor (Ganon/Falcon, Red Deer)
14. Sho (?, Calgary)
15. Solaris (Samus, Edmonton)

Post away!

Beeble

Smash Journeyman
Post ADAT opinion (take as you will, me not being terribly involved w/brawl)

+ Brad
- KillOck
+ Koda
+ Carl
+ Solaris
- Tyson
N Frio
- Beeble
N Levi

kithkin

Smash Champion
Yeah it's a different Koda.

Also I'm not even looking at the brawl PR untill I actually get some results for ADAT, not just top 5.

because if I try to do it before that, everyone will complain.

Alphicans

Smash Hero
The melee PR should have steve on it, and knock off Solaris (sorry). Obviously put him higher than 15, so some ppl will have to go down a spot. Also MikeP ahead of Dan. I know tournys count, but Mike didn't even compete in the latest melee singles, and I know the old saying, no johnz, but to be quite honest, the latest melee singles events have had a weak showing, ADAT has been probably the best, save the u.three event, which was actually a pretty good turnout. There are a lot of other things I would change to, but I guess this is pretty satisfying for the whole community.

kithkin

Smash Champion
I agree with Stevo, it awsn't my decision to not have him on there I said he was 4th =P

and I agree with Jarett too (lol sorry)

But Mike P over Dan, I dunno Dan has gotten quite good, he keeps up with Carl real well, and take in mind (this being the thing I hate most about these PR's) is everyone (but me) says that people who havn't competed in tournaments should not be involved.

It's for that very reason I can't put the best player in Calgary (shut up kevin, I'm making my personal statement) on the brawl PR.

Also, Mike W. I just realize Mike P has competed in just as few tournaments as stevo lately, I'm gonna edit stevo on there, I'm sowwy.

kithkin

Smash Champion
No I don't I just need the time to. Which means I'll do it tommorow or something.

edit: if you want to help, get working on finding ADAT singles results, I don't care how the bracket worked out, but ask around get me placements.

Alphicans

Smash Hero
When you're making the cool looking melee PR, I want my main to show up as Y.link, just cause that looks cooler. I think various looks lame anyways, I am pretty sure Dan mainly plays marth, and only some fox, and Carl now is like pure fox. I am just saying that everyone should have their "best" character represent them on the list so that other people know when they are playing for keeps, y'know what I am saying!!?!?!?

kithkin

Smash Champion
I am just saying that everyone should have their "best" character represent them on the list
Young. Link.

Also Carl and Dan definately play various, characters play differently in different situations. A player capable of acheiving their level with multiple characters will be noted for that.

Stevo

Smash Champion
I have played pretty much every character from DK up as a "main" in melee.
(Except Ice Climbers, they are uncool)

Honestly I couldnt tell you who my best character is, or who my main is, but I would say its DK because I would.

I guess my point is mains are for laims.

but on a serious note, you could have everyone's main be the character they play the most if you MUST show a character on the PR

FalseFalco

Smash Master
I play fox the most, but I also have used Falco marth falcon in important matches.

Same goes for dan.

Tyson651

Smash Lord
i use falco/marth/ganon, but mainly ganon is for teams haha.

but now that i suck so much butt, falco, fox and ganon is my best lolol

kithkin

Smash Champion
I don't think character REALLY matters.

And Stevo has used DK a lot lately, in more recent melee, like he beat Adam at CT3 with DK. Right?

Stevo

Smash Champion
Im just saying I would like to be known as a DK player rather than a (insert random high tier character) player.

I just think its hard to say who someones main is without mentioning like at least 4 cahracters.

Ive honestly probably played as much DK in tourney matches as Sheik. (maybe even more)
same with Fox and Marth, I use them all a lot. I guess those would be my 4 mains then.....

I played against silent wolf with Zelda for crying out loud LOL.

I would call Carl a Falco main, even tho he doesnt play him much anymore, just because I associate falco with him.

Mike I associate Falcon, Sid Pikachu, Shawn Samus...

and none of that has anythign to do with the character they play the most in tourneys (at least recently)

kithkin

Smash Champion
lol, Pika is brawl is good at being lame. Campy, spammy, all that.

Not Sid's style IMO.

I always associated DK with Mike cause of MikeMonkey.

kithkin

Smash Champion
Or you'll be campy and spammy >_>

like everyone who plays brawl.

like want me to be serious? I am spammy/campy too, I like to not think I am, and the thing is, I really personally don't think I am when it comse to a full evaluation, But when I play, I my be using everything, but the only things that actually work are the spammy stuff, because my Dair Nair Fair, got avoided.

Also, Like with bowser? I don't be campy spammy at all IMO, but I gaurantee you, I will be challenged by even the worst of players if I don't use my fire to rack up a ton of easy damage.

Beeble

Smash Journeyman
Sid likes melee pikachu because of how he plays, not purely the low tier thing.

@ Ermine
Note the time on the smash scene between you two. Sid since 2003, you since... last week? Keep trying, but until sid quits, pika gets assosciated with him. Also, melee > brawl. 'Nuff said.

Ermine

Smash Ace
Sid likes melee pikachu because of how he plays, not purely the low tier thing.

@ Ermine
Note the time on the smash scene between you two. Sid since 2003, you since... last week? Keep trying, but until sid quits, pika gets assosciated with him. Also, melee > brawl. 'Nuff said.
Yeah, that's exactly it. He doesn't actually like Pikachu >_>

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom