• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Alberta Brawl Power Rankings!**ON HIATUS**

Status
Not open for further replies.

Stevo

Smash Champion
Leave me off the PR for now brad.

Although a friendly, I felt like I had no trouble versus your MK, and that was the first time i have EVAR played against a MK, let alone a competetive brawl match. (I think I 3 stock'd your Mario then 1 stock'd your MK? Then I got 3 stock'd when I tried Ness LOL)

I also played Carl a few times too and didnt have any trouble really. So that makes me believe that everyone pretty much sucks at the game still. So that makes me think a PR isnt all that accurate.

I just wish you could distinct yourself from others better in brawl. and Metaknight needs something to counter balance him.... Like how fox was easily combo'd in melee.

and ya, I didnt enter singles, so I shouldnt be on the PR. Simple.

kithkin

Smash Champion
Metaknights only real abusable weakness is how bad most people who use him are, (basically shield grabs) and how light he is.

theres not a lot else there. Also, lol friendlies, my mario isn't amazing so I believe ****** it. But watch my MK, you might get set into a MM for dissing it, like Carl was. (for other reasons)

Also Levi actually isn't that bad at this game, and he helped a lot in teams, trust me.

I really think that you shouldn't have to have been to a certain tournament to be on the PR, you just have to have been played by the competitive environment.

I may be saying that Solely because I want Alex on the PR, but the thing is Alex SHOULD be on the PR, look at the fact that I got 2nd in singles, and basically made it through the entire PR. Now think about the fact that I think Alex is better than me by a good bit.

Yeah, whatever I guess he can't make it to tournaments. Simple.

BIDOOF BIDOOF BIDOOF IS ON FIRE

WE DONT NEED NO WATER LET THAT POKE-Y-MAN BURN!

I'm dying squirtle.

Ermine

Smash Ace
Metaknights only real abusable weakness is how bad most people who use him are, (basically shield grabs) and how light he is.

theres not a lot else there. Also, lol friendlies, my mario isn't amazing so I believe ****** it. But watch my MK, you might get set into a MM for dissing it, like Carl was. (for other reasons)

Also Levi actually isn't that bad at this game, and he helped a lot in teams, trust me.

I really think that you shouldn't have to have been to a certain tournament to be on the PR, you just have to have been played by the competitive environment.

I may be saying that Solely because I want Alex on the PR, but the thing is Alex SHOULD be on the PR, look at the fact that I got 2nd in singles, and basically made it through the entire PR. Now think about the fact that I think Alex is better than me by a good bit.

Yeah, whatever I guess he can't make it to tournaments. Simple.

BIDOOF BIDOOF BIDOOF IS ON FIRE

WE DONT NEED NO WATER LET THAT POKE-Y-MAN BURN!

I'm dying squirtle.
The difference is that I think I'm better than Alex by a good bit. Alex just needs to play more competitive brawlers than just you (Not trying to make is sound offensive),

kithkin

Smash Champion
lol when was the last time you played Alex.

I mean let me do the same and say I'm better than you (also no offense, but you should have seen this by now) and believe me, Alex is **** good.

I personally think you're #3 in Calgary, alex being first, me being second.

I guess Allan 4th. or something, but he'd say he's the best =P and he doesn't even talk to us anymore.

Besides Levi will be 4th in like a day.

Ermine

Smash Ace
lol when was the last time you played Alex.

I mean let me do the same and say I'm better than you (also no offense, but you should have seen this by now) and believe me, Alex is **** good.

I personally think you're #3 in Calgary, alex being first, me being second.

I guess Allan 4th. or something, but he'd say he's the best =P and he doesn't even talk to us anymore.

Besides Levi will be 4th in like a day.
You said that last time as well, even though I beat Alex like 4 out of 5 times that day.

Stevo

Smash Champion
sorry brad wasnt dissing your MK i was just sayin that I didnt have any big troubles is all.

same with carl, other than him being wrong about Ike in singles (LOL).

people get so angry about PR lol wheres the good ol days when PR's, SPammable B moves, and tiers didnt exist.

kithkin

Smash Champion
lol tiers always existed, just people didn't care. Spammable B moves existed but they sucked.

and PR's, well people cry for wanting them so bad when they arn't there.

and lol, I dunno, you were really good oddly enough. and don't worry my MK isn't a good MK it just knows what it's doing I guess. I'd never call myself a good MK.

Plus I'd rather be judged by my DK or Bowser.

x After Dawn x

Smash Master
What would happen if we banned MK in a tournament? Not saying it's going to happen, but what if we did?

P.S. I'll try piecing together the Brawl Singles now.

Edit: I can't progress with the first round of the Winner's Bracket until I have the information from everybody.

Tyson651

Smash Lord
banned mk?

1. dan
2. tyson/stevo/carl
3. tyson/carl/stevo/brad/solaris

lol

kithkin

Smash Champion
Tyler, you can get some of it from who faced who LATER ON, like I know Sid faced jarett after me, which means jarett won that far. anyways.

Stevo is banning MK if he hosts his thing. I think.

Also, yeah wtf, ban MK and Dan just wins easier, But hey at least we'd see Stevo and Carl and Mike and them up there.

lol Tyson, you forgot Sid too.

x After Dawn x

Smash Master
Tyler, you can get some of it from who faced who LATER ON, like I know Sid faced jarett after me, which means jarett won that far. anyways.
Yeah, but Tio is kind of stupid and it doesn't allow you to "skip" the results of one match if you don't have it. And there's so many empty spots for the first matches that I can't just guess and put somebody in a round 1 with somebody else because there would be a 90 % chance that it'd be wrong.

Tyson651

Smash Lord
why would olimar get banned, he's not even that high up atm.

and no i didnt forget sid.

kithkin

Smash Champion
Anyways, Olimar is broken if the player hes against can't gimp. (also olimar beasts in teams)

MK is easy to beat if the player doesn't know how to use him. But after that he's easy to use too.

and Snake is the most broken character in the game, the possibilities for him are way past any other character in this game, just nobodies there yet.

and IMO brawl is the most balanced smash (Unsure about 64, I personally think every characters broken in that game) But brawl is amazingly well balanced once you take the top tiers out.

Like once you take Olimar, MK and Snake out, then the only characters that really excell out of all of them are G&W and maybe ROB.

Beeble

Smash Journeyman
But brawl is amazingly well balanced once you take the top tiers out.
Taking top tiers out =/= balanced. Balanced =/= good game (there's some good point that someone made about if there was only 1 character in the game but I'm too lazy to link).

Brawl is amazingly mediocre!

FalseFalco

Smash Master
Things that mattered in 64/Melee:
Combos
Speed
Weight
Spacing
Recovery
Edgeguarding
Aggressive vs. Reactionary style
Grabbing

Things that matter in Brawl:
Good moves

I guess that can be interpreted as balance

x After Dawn x

Smash Master
Like once you take Olimar, MK and Snake out, then the only characters that really excell out of all of them are G&W and maybe ROB.
Marth says hi. Most people don't know how to use Marth yet, but he's so floaty now that he can perform his fair, bair, and nair twice in one short hop, and the aerial animation ends so quickly that you can just land a fair to two AAs and combo. He (she, I should say) might be very different from Melee, but if you learn how to use him, he's definitely top tier in Brawl.

Also, Dedede is really good if you know how to use him, but like Solaris said, Alberta hasn't discovered him yet.

victra♥

crystal skies
Slippi.gg
victra#0
Things that mattered in 64/Melee:
Combos
Speed
Weight
Spacing
Recovery
Edgeguarding
Aggressive vs. Reactionary style
Grabbing

Things that matter in Brawl:
Good moves

I guess that can be interpreted as balance
Wrong Carl. Brawl has strategy and tactics, which is better than playing recklessly.

Sorta like Chess.

kithkin

Smash Champion
I agree Brawl isn't a great game, I'm not argueing that, I enjoy the game, that's all I care.

DDD only has an advantage over anyone who isn't high tiers because he can CG them, other than that he's still fairly even.

and Marth isn't that great. He just isn't.

Trying to say we simply don't know how to play him? I've watched and read countless things on brawl. and Let me be honest, Nobody in Alberta is even good at this game.

Except maybe Dan.

Beeble

Smash Journeyman
Wrong Carl. Brawl has strategy and tactics, which is better than playing recklessly.

Sorta like Chess.
Slow rolled.

So, on topic (wtf is that in an Alberta thread?).

1. Who does the panel currently consist of (I read the 3 man rule in the forum rules and I couldn't remember past tyson and brad)?
2. When will see an update? It seems reasonabte to expect one given that ADAT was the last tournament we can expect for a while. It was also fairly large.
3. Melee rankings plox? We still play this game a lot, and people have made huge improvements or dropped off the map. Or come onto the map strong in xpiritflare's case.

kithkin

Smash Champion
I have no control over melee rankings, I'm not about to steal that from Randall, it's still his. That and I don't know all that much about melee anyways. Look to someone else for that.

The update comes as soon as I get actual results (or enough of them) from ADAT, so far I don't have anything past top 5.

And The panel right now, is about to go through a change, but I know myself, Dan, Tyson (Tyson won't be huge weighting due to not at ADAT) and Sid.

But the panel is open to more people, so long as you know how to judge properly, know a little about the game, and you ask me =/

Also, Tyler, tell Luke he's an idiot. There's no official character rank/tier list. Theres nothing proving DDD is number 3, and my personal opinion is G&W is #3, Snake and MK obviously being 1 and 2.

I don't even think DDD is that great. He just ***** half the roster with his stupid chaingrab

Edit: Mike, Randall's list was always ******** (no offense) John was always on it too, But I mean it never was right, or fair, I mean the panel here won't allow me to put someone like Alex on it, sheerly because he hasn't gone to any tournaments. Well, I agree it's fair, because I'd be the only one judging him. While on Randall's list, people from saskatchewan and winnipeg no one had ever played were on there. It made no sense.

Tyson651

Smash Lord
Anyways, Olimar is broken if the player hes against can't gimp. (also olimar beasts in teams)

MK is easy to beat if the player doesn't know how to use him. But after that he's easy to use too.

and Snake is the most broken character in the game, the possibilities for him are way past any other character in this game, just nobodies there yet.

and IMO brawl is the most balanced smash (Unsure about 64, I personally think every characters broken in that game) But brawl is amazingly well balanced once you take the top tiers out.

i personally think mk has more possibilities for him than snake.

and EVERY character is easy to beat if the player doesnt kno how to use him, thats no excuse for mk lol.

kithkin

Smash Champion
That was my point though Tyson, back when I ended up having to MM carl.

yeah sid you're gonna be talked to about this one.

kithkin

Smash Champion
Just because he's sure doesn't make it true.

Not to mention the only DDD's out there just CG all day.

edit: lol I remember that link even, I'm gonna click it now just cause I love it.

edit2: Stevo, you should know I'm a firm supporter of tires dun exits. But I do belive some characters are better, just the tier rating system is stupid.

victra♥

crystal skies
Slippi.gg
victra#0
3. Melee rankings plox? We still play this game a lot, and people have made huge improvements or dropped off the map. Or come onto the map strong in xpiritflare's case.
Edit: Mike, Randall's list was always ******** (no offense) John was always on it too, But I mean it never was right, or fair, I mean the panel here won't allow me to put someone like Alex on it, sheerly because he hasn't gone to any tournaments. Well, I agree it's fair, because I'd be the only one judging him. While on Randall's list, people from saskatchewan and winnipeg no one had ever played were on there. It made no sense.

Screw Randall's CCSC Power Ranking. Seriously. No offense to the guy, but we should seriously have seperate power rankings. Like Brad said, it's not fair at all to include people who none of us have ever played. How can we possibly place them, and the others, fairly? By videos? By assumption? That's definitely not fair at all. Randall can keep the CCSC PR if he wants, but Mike, if you want to make a Melee ranking for Alberta, i'll help you with one. If you want that is. lol either way, we need a new one. If I recall correctly, Dan is like 10th or something.

kithkin

Smash Champion
We can use this thread for it too, I completely agree to it, and I'll help out and even make it.

All I have to say is, my opinion on melee shouldn't be weighted like all of yours because I don't know nearly as much about judging it as you guys do. So I wouldn't want to be on the panel, at least not in a large amount.

Beeble

Smash Journeyman
Screw Randall's CCSC Power Ranking. Seriously. No offense to the guy, but we should seriously have seperate power rankings. Like Brad said, it's not fair at all to include people who none of us have ever played. How can we possibly place them, and the others, fairly? By videos? By assumption? That's definitely not fair at all. Randall can keep the CCSC PR if he wants, but Mike, if you want to make a Melee ranking for Alberta, i'll help you with one. If you want that is. lol either way, we need a new one. If I recall correctly, Dan is like 10th or something.
Lol, yeah, I'll do one for AB (3 province doesn't work; no one travels enough), even if I'm going to dissapear from it soon, then come back and crush you all a la beast coast training, then dissapear again, etc. Mission statement will be condensed copypasta, and we need Calgarian rep. Probably want one more Edmonton rep too. Volunteers?

Edit: Vic, PM me a rough list, keep it to 15.

victra♥

crystal skies
Slippi.gg
victra#0
Lol, yeah, I'll do one for AB (3 province doesn't work; no one travels enough), even if I'm going to dissapear from it soon, then come back and crush you all a la beast coast training, then dissapear again, etc. Mission statement will be condensed copypasta, and we need Calgarian rep. Probably want one more Edmonton rep too. Volunteers?

Edit: Vic, PM me a rough list, keep it to 15.

I'll add you on MSN so I can talk to you there.

Brad, If we do make one, we'd still like to have your input in it. Also, i'd be great if you made the PR jpeg as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom