• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Alberta Brawl Power Rankings!**ON HIATUS**

Status
Not open for further replies.

victra♥

crystal skies
Slippi.gg
victra#0
It's been nearly a year now.....

Okay kids, It's been 2 years since the very first CAST, and it's been nearly a whole year since CAST3. I think it's time for the talked about, CAST4.

I recently talked to the library, and there are two free dates in mid-October. October 14th and 15th. These dates are for the Snell Auditorium- where CAST3 was held. If I'm hosting it there, there will be heavier admission costs, but if you want CAST4 to have no entrance costs at all, then I'll try to find a date in the mezz- where CAST1+2 were held. The only problem is that it's a little more crapped than the Auditorium, but I'm down for either. Just give me an idea of which one you'd prefer.

Now, onto the event itself, CAST4 will be different than the other CAST events. For one, CAST4 will be a two-day event. Here's where the problem starts, and we'll solve this by voting:
Would you rather have Brawl Doubles/Singles one day, and Melee Doubles/Singles the other? Or would you rather have Melee Doubles/Crew/Low Tier/64 one day and Melee Singles/Friendlies the other? I just wanna have a general impression on which you'd prefer.

tl;dr CAST4, do you want Barlw or not.

kithkin

Smash Champion
Why do so many things come up in the power rankings thread...

Uhh, I think it's odd timing, and may be a ***** to get to, but I would vote the auditorium, if you can make it a fee thats reasonable and still have prizes, like ADAT did, not CAST3.

I think Brawl would be cool for one day, I know you all hate it, and I'm beginning to hate it too (I love the game, just the com-petitive scene is getting re-petitive) But maybe just throw it in as a little thing.

Like, one day is melee singles, and low tier, and brawl singles.

Next day is melee doubles, crews and brawl doubles.

I dunno, I do wanna play crews for once (FUG)

and yeah seriously, Luke, status on vids?

edit: lol nice new sig victor, I have the whole picture of that.

Alphicans

Smash Hero
well Mark(Frio) has 1 of the tapes, and I have the other. I really have no way to transfer from tape to cpu, because I don't have the right equipment. So if anyone is willing to do it *cough* Carl *cough* then we can get vidz.

Stevo

Smash Champion
I dont think brawl singles should be an event. I would be willing to play brawl doubles tho.

I think melee singles should be the main event one day, and melee doubles the main event the other day.

perhaps
Day 1: Melee doubles, brawl doubles, MMs, 64.
Day 2: melee singles, crews

essentially doubles first day, singles and crews second day.

thats my idea.

and does anyone really care about low tier?

Stevo

Smash Champion
yeah I put 64 there as more of a

"step right up and get ***** by the great superboom"

rather than a tourney

im sure whoever wants to participate in low tier could do it on day one

Frio

Smash Champion
I do have one of your vids luke but it's one of those ones with a creppy show on it

victra♥

crystal skies
Slippi.gg
victra#0
Remember, if this is at the Snell Auditorium, it's only open from 9:30 to 5:00. I can extend it a couple of hours, but that's basically what we're looking at. Since this is my tournament, i'll probably make it Melee only. I just wanna see if that's okay with everyone. If not, i'll try to squeeze in Brawl as a side event.

Also, if I raise the entrance costs, we can all totally go out to dinner after. Me and Levi will be going alone obviously.

[EDIT:] Speaking of Melee, hows that Melee PR coming along?

SuPeRbOoM

Smash Master
so uh it would be nice if like one tournament featured 64...stop hating ***. im down for brawl singles I guess.

k so like brawl first day and melee 2nd day and like...64 squeezed in there somewhere lol

victra♥

crystal skies
Slippi.gg
victra#0
Brawl sucks. Maybe if I didn't host Brawl and had 64 in it's place, maybe, just maybe, Chad would take time away from his wife and 2 kids and come to CAST4.

kithkin

Smash Champion
How about both just no money involved? because we know that Dan wins 64, and low tier isn't the type for me to put money in.

Eh? So uh, I don't see the problem with casually doing everything.

also Frio, that was the best ****ing show ever, we named our team after it.

edit: I played Chad today.

double edit: Chad likes brawl

triple edit: Luke I hate you, never say kill off 64, especially for you own personal gain.

victra♥

crystal skies
Slippi.gg
victra#0
How about both just no money involved? because we know that Dan wins 64, and low tier isn't the type for me to put money in.

Eh? So uh, I don't see the problem with casually doing everything.

also Frio, that was the best ****ing show ever, we named our team after it.

edit: I played Chad today.

double edit: Chad likes brawl

triple edit: Luke I hate you, never say kill off 64, especially for you own personal gain.

I guess. The pot would be bigger too if we can round up a few brawl scrubs. How long does it take to finish Brawl Singles, Doubles, Melee Singles, Doubles respectively? And crews. It'd be great to have time for crews.

lemonlau36

Smash Journeyman
DAY 1

Brawl Doubles (they're fun, really)
Melee Doubles (mandatory)
Melee Crews (for ol' times sake)

DAY 2

Brawl Singles (obligatory)
Melee Singles (mandatory)

kithkin

Smash Champion
I like brawl doubles. They're awesome because you can actually play fun matches and do cool stuff, unless singles where everyone plays gay (myself not excluded lately)

Brawl singles are getting less fun by the second, I say if times an issue, scrap that and put in melee crews. We'll still have a rounded 4 events.

kithkin

Smash Champion
Dude... Low tier PLZ!!!!
SHUT UP LUKE HONESTLY NO GO EAT A ****

Distinct lack of epic melee graphic...
Distinct Rack of Diciprine!

In light of people being stupid .LUKE. remember, anything can be done for free. Whe you're not doing a match.

AKA, a 64 set up on one TV always so people can chill when they're out/ not playing.

Aswell as maybe a for fun low tier.

Honestly, Victor, I hope you make a good decision. I'm looking up to you to make up for Cast3.

Also, I thought I mentioned it, I guess not, but obviously were going to boston pizza after day 1. I'm inviting Joel too. So uh- anyone who remembers my reference better come.

Beeble

Smash Journeyman
Melee only Victor, I know you want to. Do it, it'll feel good. Soooo good. Mmmmm.elee......

Oh yeah, futile matches were watchable, so that's pretty epic for brawl.

kithkin

Smash Champion
RAH BLAH GARGLE BAH!

How about we wait for victor. I've volleyed my ideas, and don't want to read everyone volley theirs AGAIN just because someone posted between them and victors next post about it.

Besides, I have victor's msn =P

victra♥

crystal skies
Slippi.gg
victra#0
Okay, this is what I'll probably do.

Day 1
10:00-1:00 Brawl Doubles
  • This should be enough time for everyone to get sick of Brawl
  • Also, i'm not seeding this shit. It's gonna be random.
  • I also don't know how much time to give for Brawl Doubles, but i'm sure a whole 3 hours should be enough.

12:00-12:30 OM NOM NOM NOM
  • The Library is downtown, so you can leave and get some food during this time if you want.
  • When I mean food, i mean ghetto Red Deer Fried Chicken across the street.

12:30-3:30 Melee Doubles
  • Time for a man's game.

3:30~ Crews
  • This should bring us to the end of day 1. The Library is only open till 5, but i'll be able to extend it longer if we need to. At a price that is =(

Day 2

10:00-12:00 Pools/Low Tier
  • I'd be nice to have this. Depends on how well day 1 goes. If we didn't have time for crews, we'll do Melee Singles first and then Crews at the end and we'll skip out on pools.
  • Take your pick.

12:00-12:30 Food

12:30~ MELEE SINGLES
  • Brawl Singles can suck my nuts.

Also, if this is at the Auditorium, i don't wanna hear complaints about the entrance fee's unless you want to earn $2.50 as a prize. So you either bring as many friends as you can, or you sit your *** down and cough up your money so that Dan can win it.

Tyson651

Smash Lord
and this is gonna be in edmonton right?

edit: nvm, this is in red deer isnt it..

how the hell are we gonna stay there for 2 days..

victra♥

crystal skies
Slippi.gg
victra#0
I wanna know how many people are even willing to come. If everyone who went to ADAT came to CAST4, not including the brawl scrubs, there might not be enough funds for CAST4 to be two days.

Tyson651

Smash Lord
two days in oct?

i highly doubt i can go.

uni ***** me as it is already.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom