• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Alabama Thread! (10/26/2016 update)

shaSLAM

Smash Lord
looks like majist and munkus finally fused together.
ive been waiting.
as long as i was waiting for piccolo and that other green guy to fuse.

their power is at an ultimate peak.
i am impressed.

PrinceAlias

Smash Journeyman
Hey, Ed, you up for Smashing tomorrow?

And teach me the art of obtaining Touhou. I also want to try Super Marisa World and MegaMarisa.

btw, PrinceAlias's avatar has me cute-gasming.
yes it is to lead you into a false sense of security then I kill you

Muhahahahahahahahaha

Majist

Smash Journeyman
That doesn't look like Majist.

Looks more like Munkus.
LIES!!!!!!!!

I just need a haircut :p

Besides, Munkus is not raw enough for dodgeball.

I think the Huntsville smash crew or anyone else from the AL board should enter the tournament next year and we can be called The Smash Brothers. Or something awesome...

We could all wear tiaras and wavedash all over EVERYONE

theONEjanitor

Smash Champion
NNID
the1janitor
just because something is fun to play doesn't mean its fun to watch.

see: chess

i dont know much about starcraft, and i'm sure its more interesting for people who do..but in terms of an entertainment broadcast for a professional gaming league hoping to increase their revenue, the games should be entertaining to 'outsiders'.

I don't know anything about Melty Blood at all (less than i do about starcraft) for example but its still fun as hell to watch

-Chad-

Slackerator
Chess isn't a great example I would say, just because you basically have to know all the rules and how each piece can move to understand how to even watch the game.

Starcraft is pretty easily explainable and watchable even if you don't understand every intricacy of every unit. You start with one base, make units to fight, capture more bases, get bigger armies, they war, and there's a victor. It also gets extremely exciting when the tension between two opposing sides builds to crazy levels and it ends with a huge battle between them. And this is just stuff that can perceived by an outsider, there's a lot more going on between them that a veteran of Starcraft would understand and be that much more into the game.

Starcraft is also a hugely popular game, the draw of players by itself would be worth having on board.

munkus beaver

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
0619-4510-9772
It's really hard to watch starcraft from the outside. Quite boring without knowing what's going on.

Duchock

Smash Journeyman
It's fun to pick out the English borrowed words from the Korean commentators.

Oh, but I don't like watching Starcraft too much, mostly because the 'athletes' are douchebags.

(and Korean)

SleepyK

Banned via Administration
i find all the posts made here offensive

nah but i found starcraft entertaining without knowing what was going on.
i read up on it after so i could tell what was going on.
i suppose if you don't read up/play it yourself and just keep watching you'll get bored since you won't pick up on what's happening.

i suppose that's true of most games that aren't fast.

Top Bottom