• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Alabama Thread! (10/26/2016 update)

shaSLAM

Smash Lord
kola, man i wish i would have seen you out there.
i was out there.
i was blazed.

anyways here is my outlook on brawl.
personally.
i dont even like the wii. i think the wii and every game made for it is a really bad idea.
real talk.
i really dont enjoy any new gen games.
real talk.
i like playing games on my cell phone and mega man and old mario and some of the more popular NES and stuff.
its just prefrance.
the reason i think brawl is gay is simply because it just is not a fun game to play. it is too floaty and fast and like chad said, the items really arent fun or cool or well thought out or anything.
sonic is just a mess.
snake. why is he on the game?
all the characters, except wario and ddd to me just seem blan. they arent really cool and dont look cool and dont feel cool to use.
why i dont like brawl is because it is a bad casual game and just a bad game in general.

i think the competitive view of it is kind of legit.
it takes dedication to get better and practice and there is a metagame and all that jazz.
to say that brawl is all random outcomes and shenanigans is kind of far fetched and is getting more and more false as people actually get better at the game.
im not against a competitive community because i think its a cool idea and it is interesting to see how to play a game on a higher level.

but on 64 and melee i dont even know how to play competitively and me and my friends could still sit for hours and play.
when i see someone playing with items on and playing a free for all casually with their friends... it just doesnt look fun.
it isnt fun.
the floatiness and slowpaced gameplay and the charecters and their moves just arent fun. its a poorly made game. the previous two were good because nintendo was still making good games back then. nintendo has only made VERY BAD games for the wii. meaning that no matter how cool and fun its predecesors are. brawl is still just a wii game that is pretty not fun to play casually.
the first time i played brawl i didnt even know about smashboards and it wasnt fun.

it takes a competitive level of play to make brawl fun and interesting for me.
however contrary to popular beliefs that may be to some people, it holds true.

shaSLAM

Smash Lord
and kevin, i use to dig yeasayer. i remember listening to that song smoking a bowl in my room more times than a couple.

my favorite song by yeasayer is still just one of their hits though. Ambling Alp.

but like, there are alot of good bands out nowadays.
some pretty groovy sounds i think you may appreciate.

im pretty sure youve heard this song in my car but i like the video a fan made. it speaks to me and feels more alive than anything else some of the time. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sN1renD54oc

Saki-

Reset Project
NNID
iTasya
Ah so you do go there. : P yea pity I didn't see you there. I saw one cute chick that was helping with the first workshop I partook in.

I'm kinda bummed I didn't get an award in the Photography section of the art show though, a classmate beat me to it. Guess I still need to work on some things to get to a real artists level.

I mean I can agree with you about Melee and Smash 64 being overall better than Brawl. I just like Brawl because I'm better at it. xD I'm bad when it comes to losing, especially back to back.

If you like fun without a competitive level, try Fox FFA's with bumpers and sticky grenades. It's fun for a couple of matches. xD

Saki-

Reset Project
NNID
iTasya
I prefer 2d fighters over smash

Like Blazblue and Street Fighter II

I would even play Street fighter IV, Tekken, and Arcana hearts or something over Brawl at times. xD

Saki-

Reset Project
NNID
iTasya
I've still got to play it.

I mean I've been over there and it hasn't even crossed Jason's mind to start it up.
Or did you lose your memory card or something?

Saki-

Reset Project
NNID
iTasya
Hmm

Friday most likely,and I don't leave until tomorrow morning. :/

If I do get back Friday, I'll see if that other Hoover resident still wants to have a smashfest on Friday. He said he'd bring a couple friends if I went.

GeorgeTHPS

Smash Journeyman
NNID
GeorgeThePlushie
3DS FC
1676-3689-8314
Zero, I don't know if you have a premium Crunchyroll account or not, but the twist in the latest Durarara is epic.

Saki-

Reset Project
NNID
iTasya
Zero would love company I'm sure Azn.

Next Friday, we need to plan a big smashfest, with like George, Janitor, and Slam included.

Oh and I reached 1000 post, after having 100 post in under 24 hours......hot

Majist

Smash Journeyman
Final Fantasy 13 is amazing!!!!!!

Don't know if anyone's said anything about it, but I thought you all should know how I feel. Cuz I care, and want you all to feel involved. So for those with doubts or curiosity, it's a great buy.

G. Vice

Smash Lord

Don't know if anyone's said anything about it, but I thought you all should know how I feel. Cuz I care, and want you all to feel involved. So for those with doubts or curiosity, it's a great buy.
Thank you for keeping us in the loop. You're like a brother from another mother in the Final Fantasy realm <3

I really wanna play it! But I just gotta get the funds to get a ps3/ff13.

Saki-

Reset Project
NNID
iTasya

after watching one of the many X-play episodes I have saved. I figured out there's pretty much a part 2 to the game. So after you get to the roaming lands does it pick up? I'm still on the road back to Hopes home town.

shaSLAM

Smash Lord
man i would probably play smash with you guys if i wasnt back in montgomery for spring break.

oh yeah? you wer down there for an art show, kola? cool.
they really do have a really good art program there if you are looking to get into graphic design later on down the road.

i am usually always by the art building because the english building is by there.
and the cafe.

i think kings challenge is fun in brawl.

Saki-

Reset Project
NNID
iTasya
Yep
I've been looking into colleges to go into for graphic design. I think it may be a good choice having that I'm not the richest person out there lol.

<.< Chicago is asking for $32,000 a semester

Hey are you still wanting to go to Florida on the 10th of April?

Pika_Cam

Smash Ace
Auburn crew, I'm looking for a roommate for next semester to share an apartment with. Is anyone in the AU crew interested?

Saki-

Reset Project
NNID
iTasya
so like.....

My god parents suprised us with a refurbished xbox. <3 I'll be playing Live again.

Now here's the bad *** part.

Currently they're 3 xbox 360s in this one house.

Saki-

Reset Project
NNID
iTasya
Does that mean you're actually going to get Super Street Fighter IV on April 27th?

And Blazblue: Continuum Shift on July 1st?
You bet

:l the moment I figure out my pass code I'll play you guys in some MW2.....along with my brother, and god father. xD

Top Bottom