• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Alabama Thread! (10/26/2016 update)

theONEjanitor

Smash Champion
NNID
the1janitor
those guys are just recreating something that happens naturally in earth's atmosphere anyway. the world's not ending.

pops, most people who suck too much to be ranked suck too much to know what it means to not suck enough to be ranked.

^best sentence ever.

also grabs have unlimited super armor in general don't they.

and if his up-b isn't super armor what is it. It seems to be super armor by definition.

anyway, the reason I asked is because Ive seen will use DK's super armor on his up b for some interesting uses, and i was wondering if snake had anything.

GeorgeTHPS

Smash Journeyman
NNID
GeorgeThePlushie
3DS FC
1676-3689-8314
That's your loss, The Executive, as mslano is a really cool dude who has awesome tastes in sweaters! I kind of want to start traveling around. If I do, Chicago is definitely on the list.

Kalm

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Unibias
3DS FC
1650-2449-3447
I still maintain that ganondorf is a decent character.
hey does snake have any moves with super armor or invincibility frames (besides up-b)?

I like to think of Ganon as just barely good enough not to suck. Kinda like I feel about Sonic and Link.

No Snake only has SA frames on the UpB and, like everyone else, his grab.

Yes DK's up B is a useful attack to use in a lot of situations, it does a ton of damage, can break through shields, his hard to shield grab, and has SA to power through attacks. Usually if you catch the opponent with the SA they end up taking more damage than you in the end, and everyone should know having more damage than DK means you lose and die bad.
UpB does have a bit of lag in the end, just enough to keep it from being super spammable, of course then it would just be another Mach Tornado.
And DK users know well what a bad idea it is to let their monkey go into free fall, in any situation.

The Executive

Smash Lord
Within the confines of my mortal shell in T-Town.
That's your loss, The Executive, as mslano is a really cool dude who has awesome tastes in sweaters! I kind of want to start traveling around. If I do, Chicago is definitely on the list.
Chicago's a great place, don't get me wrong, I went there in July 2006 and had the time of my life; it's just too far to drive for Smash esp. when I've already stated I have issues making it to B'Ham.

Were I not the only one driving/funding gas, I would definitely reconsider.

theONEjanitor

Smash Champion
NNID
the1janitor
I think ganon has middle tier potential. and I think Link is one of the best of the low tier.

Sonic however is the second worst character in the game.

The main thing I was looking to emulate is that I saw will_ stand by a downed opponent, baiting him to getup-attack, and up-b'd through it. that's awesome.

j00t

Smash Champion
I love how I can't go to TO3 now. It's so amazing. Like, I've been waiting in anticipation for this for so long, and the week the tournament occurs in, I suddenly can't go. Gah.

SOMEONE GIVE ME ATTENTION.

The Executive

Smash Lord
Within the confines of my mortal shell in T-Town.
I think ganon has middle tier potential. and I think Link is one of the best of the low tier.

Sonic however is the second worst character in the game.

The main thing I was looking to emulate is that I saw will_ stand by a downed opponent, baiting him to getup-attack, and up-b'd through it. that's awesome.
Ganon is definitely better than most people give him credit.

And this up-b thing, was this w/ DK or who?

Will_

Smash Journeyman
Most likely it was with DK. MK's upB only has a few invincibility frames to its name, no SA.

GeorgeTHPS

Smash Journeyman
NNID
GeorgeThePlushie
3DS FC
1676-3689-8314
Utilizing the Super Armor on Donkey Kong's Up+B is one of the things you need to learn as a Donkey Kong player. Giant Punch's super armor is harder to utilize, but it's a lifesaver for Donkey Kong.

Ganondorf has super armor on his flame choke (while he's holding you), but you're usually not going to be getting hit while you're using it unless you're playing teams or FFA. Ike's super armor activates when he's thrusting his sword into the ground with Eruption and after he lets go of his sword during Aether but before he starts going up towards his sword. Dedede has super armor on the Super Dedede Jump on the way up. Wario has super armor during his fsmash at some point.

Those should be all the instances of true super armor, but I could be missing a move or two. Yoshi's double jump, Snake's cypher, grabs, etc. aren't true super armor.

DanGR

BRoomer
BRoomer
Olimar's whistle has super armor. So does Wario's fsmash. That's it. :)

Will_

Smash Journeyman
George, here's a deal. Get the doubles vids up and I'll post my AL tourney picture collection so far.

munkus beaver

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
0619-4510-9772
I'll get the exact address and post it up bright and early tomorrow afternoon.

It's an apartment somewhere behind the BP station on university, from what I recall.

theONEjanitor

Smash Champion
NNID
the1janitor
So i think that 3god, moogle, munkus, and t1j should start working on their power rankings list. here are sme tourney results to keep in mind. keep in mind the dates of the tourneys too

http://smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=192882
http://smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=187810
http://smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=183615
http://smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=165453
http://smashboards.com/showpost.php?p=5001977&postcount=50
http://smashboards.com/showpost.php?p=4796646&postcount=101

Other notes
Reflex and nice1 tied for 9th in teams at FAST1, and got first in teams at KIT revival
Reflex got second at FAST1, and first at KIT revival
Nice1 got 5th at KIT revival
At the last play n trade. top 3 (out of 9) were 1. will_ 2. reflex 3. nice1

lajackson07

Smash Apprentice
I know I'm kind of late to say this but excuse me.
I thought there were armor frames, super armor frames, and invinciblity frames. Invincibility frames and super armor frames are one and the same and correspond with an attack that deals no knockback and no damage. Armor frames are when an attack deals damage but no knockback. I could be mistaken and I think I am because I can't think of anything that would seem to have invincibility/super armor frames but I was under the impression that there was a difference and that's what they were. Maybe it's like the distinction between meteor smashes and spikes in Melee. Hopefully someone can clarify this for me.

munkus beaver

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
0619-4510-9772
Invincibility means that nothings happens to them when they take damage.

Super armor means that they take damage, but do not flinch.

Armor means that they take damage and usually do not flinch, but will if they take a threshold amount of pain.

anomaly

Smash Apprentice
so noooo one else wants to ride with me to Tipped Off 3 and split gas for like 10 bucks? leaving friday, we could stay with a friend.

theONEjanitor

Smash Champion
NNID
the1janitor
so i realized that you can edgehog with sheik's chain. as in, you don't have to pull yourself up. (which makes perfect sense now that I think about it)

but this is like the perfect edgehog agsint someone like DK. watch out will_:)

munkus beaver

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
0619-4510-9772
It is, but only if DK can't reach to stage but for the ledge.

Will_, you need to focus more on DK anyway. One metaknight per tri-state area plz.

munkus beaver

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
0619-4510-9772
Phantom, how many TVs would we have at your place?

Cause TVs seem to be quite the issue right now. My pal only gots one TV, though it's a nicely sized one. I can, of course, bring a wii if need be but I really can't carry around my TV. So yeah. Need moar TVs.

munkus beaver

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
0619-4510-9772
thursday night at my place for whoever wants to smash in tuscaloosa. both brawl and melee should be there as long as someone else brings the melee. we can start whenever ppl want to after 330 and if a lot of ppl are coming comeone else might want to bring a wii as i have 2 tvs but only 1 wii.
This settles it here duder.

Two TVs.

Yeah.

That's twice as many as we'd have otherwise >.>

PM me your phone number and post on where you live duderton.

Top Bottom