• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Alabama Thread! (10/26/2016 update)

SleepyK

Banned via Administration
the real ending for deathnote was in the middle of the series
before they introduced the suck characters

Duchock

Smash Journeyman
the real ending for deathnote was in the middle of the series
before they introduced the suck characters
Now, I don't watch anime, read manga, or really care much about that sorta stuff, but I did see the live action Death Note. I must say that I fell in love with Misa Misa. I mean, not like that, just, you know, she could be my hag any time.

[_-T4RN1SH-_]

Smash Journeyman
Well i finished the anime last night and yea the ending was not what i expected nor wanted. I dint like the fact that Neer won and Light just went berserk. Although the ending after the meeting was what i liked the most cause it went along with the notebooks rules, but i wouldve loved to had seen Light win and kill everyone at that moment. Ah well good series, but mostly sucky ending. Now im ganna watch the movie and prob read the manga. Also if anyone checked out that impactclash website the offer still stands that a couple of people can come with me and my friends and split a hotel room with us, its ganna be a cheap price cause of my mom getting us a discount.

Majist

Smash Journeyman
smash night was fun last night moogle, Rob. even though we didn't play Smash, except for a little bit of 64 on Rob's AMAZING WII!!

very cool stuff dude.

Hooters was fun too, man =D

SleepyK

Banned via Administration
Well i finished the anime last night and yea the ending was not what i expected nor wanted. I dint like the fact that Neer won and Light just went berserk. Although the ending after the meeting was what i liked the most cause it went along with the notebooks rules, but i wouldve loved to had seen Light win and kill everyone at that moment. Ah well good series, but mostly sucky ending. Now im ganna watch the movie and prob read the manga. Also if anyone checked out that impactclash website the offer still stands that a couple of people can come with me and my friends and split a hotel room with us, its ganna be a cheap price cause of my mom getting us a discount.
remove the spoilers for people who haven't read it, lol.
Near and Mello were completely stupid concepts for characters.

anomaly

Smash Apprentice
Now, I don't watch anime, read manga, or really care much about that sorta stuff, but I did see the live action Death Note. I must say that I fell in love with Misa Misa. I mean, not like that, just, you know, she could be my hag any time.
I can't see how people like the live action. It's unbearable to watch.

GeorgeTHPS

Smash Journeyman
NNID
GeorgeThePlushie
3DS FC
1676-3689-8314
what, nobody plays Melee anymore?..
i feel so left behind:chuckle:
Chad just doesn't like only having Brawl tournaments to go to. I play Melee and Brawl about equally--maybe a little more Brawl and usually not in succession of eachother. And both are fun. The only problem is that hardly anyone except the hardcore tournament goers have stuck to Melee, while most people ditched it for Brawl.

P.S. Coach, you lied to me. :crying:

coach

Smash Apprentice
I feel like I've betrayed a brother. I apologize. I just couldn't do it. For me to physically attend another brawl tournament would have killed me. It's like my kryptonite. (sorry)

theONEjanitor

Smash Champion
NNID
the1janitor
I'm going to try and add Melee to the mix in tuscaloosa more often.
Maybe a weekend tournament, but i dont know if the attendance we get justifies such a commitment.

[_-T4RN1SH-_]

Smash Journeyman
Oh i forgot to mention that there is a possibility that me and a friend could be coming to your tourny T1J. So hopefully things go well and we can go, it can actually be a birthday tourny for me cause my b-day is on the 16th even though the tourny is 4 days after.

SK8orDIE

Smash Apprentice
Majist, we need to hit up Hooters more often. The wings are below average, but the service was excellent. And they have Blue Moon on tap.

Duchock, if George hasn't showed you by now, you really need to get on the Wii home brew bandwagon. That way you'll be able to play those certain fun games of yours in English, like God intended.

Congratulations Will_ and Moogle on your tournament standings. One of these days I'll make it to a Birmingham tournament. I actually had to go to work today and I might have to go in tomorrow. No I don't usually work on weekends.

GeorgeTHPS

Smash Journeyman
NNID
GeorgeThePlushie
3DS FC
1676-3689-8314
One of these days I'll make it to a Birmingham tournament. I actually had to go to work today and I might have to go in tomorrow. No I don't usually work on weekends.
If you're not working Saturday, come to the tournament at GameBox.

Rob is right, Duchock. I've been playing through Earthbound on my Wii. :O

Will_

Smash Journeyman
Thanks T1J and Rob, Reflex was just rusty--he'll get me at the Gamebox tourney. No doubt in my mind that Reflex is the better player, just MK is gay.

You missed out, Rob. Me and Andy were blasting "Dancing Queen" as loud as we could while we drove down a bad part of Birmingham. XD I was looking forward to playing with you and Andy's friend at b-ham in pokemon puzzle league. It's ok though.

And something for George, for giving me a fun Norfair match:

TheReflexWonder

Wonderful!
BRoomer
NNID
TheReflexWonder
3DS FC
2492-4449-2771
Thanks T1J and Rob, Reflex was just rusty--he'll get me at the Gamebox tourney. No doubt in my mind that Reflex is the better player, just MK is gay.

You missed out, Rob. Me and Andy were blasting "Dancing Queen" as loud as we could while we drove down a bad part of Birmingham. XD I was looking forward to playing with you and Andy's friend at b-ham in pokemon puzzle league. It's ok though.
You beat me fair and square...but you can bet that I'll be practicing like crazy for next week. I will have my revenge! Major kudos for preventing me from getting lazy; I have you to thank.

Next time we'll definitely have Pokemon Puzzle League matches, for sure. I'll be staying much longer.

For the record, Dancing Queen is fun tier. <3

theONEjanitor

Smash Champion
NNID
the1janitor

Will_

Smash Journeyman
You beat me fair and square...but you can bet that I'll be practicing like crazy for next week. I will have my revenge! Major kudos for preventing me from getting lazy; I have you to thank.

Next time we'll definitely have Pokemon Puzzle League matches, for sure. I'll be staying much longer.

For the record, Dancing Queen is fun tier. <3
Thanks, man. I'll see you there, and maybe I can watch you beat level 3 in Battletoads. XD

And sorry T1J, I don't know anyone past third, who was Nice1.

j00t

Smash Champion
Thanks, man. I'll see you there, and maybe I can watch you beat level 3 in Battletoads. XD

Dude, was Battletoads really there!? I LOVE that game!

nice1

Smash Lord

i was the black guy that left right after teams with my brother (tall light skin dude). Before i left i shook everyone's had and said bye. Good matches eveyone can't wait to play you all again.

TheReflexWonder

Wonderful!
BRoomer
NNID
TheReflexWonder
3DS FC
2492-4449-2771
i was the black guy that left right after teams with my brother (tall light skin dude). Before i left i shook everyone's had and said bye. Good matches eveyone can't wait to play you all again.
Giant Teams money match is weird, but lucrative.

Get those videos up when you can, sir.

munkus beaver

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
0619-4510-9772
That's what I meant. I'm exhausted from traveling D:

Are there going to be vids up from the finals?

TheReflexWonder

Wonderful!
BRoomer
NNID
TheReflexWonder
3DS FC
2492-4449-2771
Where did Moogle place, do you know?

And how did doubles turn out?
All I know is that Moogle placed 1st in N64 friendlies. <3

As for Teams, there were three, and we did a round-robin to decide who took all the money. Nice1 and I won, and therefore was able to make up the gas I used driving to Birmingham.

munkus beaver

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
0619-4510-9772
Only three teams? ****, sounds like there wasn't much of a turn out.

You gonna come to Vulcanbox, Reflex? I still need to play you! You *******!

Top Bottom