• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Alabama Thread! (10/26/2016 update)

Majist

Smash Journeyman
You pretty much have to duder, battle.net is required for most all starcrafting.
That's where you're wrong, my friend. **** battle.net XP

also, i fell asleep yesterday and didn't wake up until around 8:30.... i hate it when i do that.

i seem to remember getting a call from J00t.... did that happen??

i'm confused. *zzzzz.....

moogle

Smash Ace
Pick: This Thursday or Friday night for a smash night. I'm kinda leaning toward Friday night, maybe?

We got 4 tourneys on the next 4 weekends: Ensley (Brawl), Vulcan Gamebox (Brawl), Tipped Off (Melee), and Tuscaloosa (Brawl+Melee). I think I'm going to all of them.

Duchock

Smash Journeyman
Cheapest room you'll find on campus, the catch is that you have to actively partake in the church services and activities that go on here.
There's always a catch, isn't there.

Oh, and it's Vulcanbox and Tuscaloosa most likely for me.

Edit:
HEY EVERYBODY.
GUESS WHO'S GOING TO BE ON SURVIVOR????
http://www.cbs.com/primetime/survivor/bio/ken_17/bio.php?season=17
...Holy... crap...

Edit2: Lol @ description. "Mind games"!

Will_

Smash Journeyman

GeorgeTHPS

Smash Journeyman
NNID
GeorgeThePlushie
3DS FC
1676-3689-8314
I'd like Thursday since I'm not working tomorrow. But if you guys decide Friday, no harm there! I'll play on WiFi Connect or something. Also, I'd rather not drive out by myself since it seems like no one is really located in Birmingham any more. And gas money johns because of new TV.

Edit: Moogle, I might be able to make Tipped Off 3 if you pick me up, but it would be after working all night. Also, the tournament starts at 1:00, so picking me up might end up being a tight squeeze.

theONEjanitor

Smash Champion
NNID
the1janitor
i'm pretty sure I'm only giong to tipped off and i think i'll pass on that t-town tourney
that was a joke guys

@ will, the article itself has too many smash jokes itself that i initially believed this had to be a joke
everyone will underestimate his prowess at playing mind games
Ken will trick his fellow players into seeing him as a non-threat, only to smash them if they get in his way.
george i'll be in bham around 7-8, i dunno if that helps lol i'd even drive but I dont have the gas money whatsoever, soo...

GeorgeTHPS

Smash Journeyman
NNID
GeorgeThePlushie
3DS FC
1676-3689-8314
george i'll be in bham around 7-8, i dunno if that helps lol i'd even drive but I dont have the gas money whatsoever, soo...
Hey, as long as you get better than 15 MPG (what my car gets), I think I can get us to Huntsville and back. If my car wasn't so insistent on convincing me that it will be dead by the end of the year, I'd feel safer driving my car on 100+ mile trips.

theONEjanitor

Smash Champion
NNID
the1janitor
Hey, as long as you get better than 15 MPG (what my car gets), I think I can get us to Huntsville and back. If my car wasn't so insistent on convincing me that it will be dead by the end of the year, I'd feel safer driving my car on 100+ mile trips.
well i'm definitely down if you can get us there. I've got a Mistsubishi Galant and we all know the Japanese make fuel efficient cars :-D

we can't stay till 5am though :-D

GeorgeTHPS

Smash Journeyman
NNID
GeorgeThePlushie
3DS FC
1676-3689-8314
Oh you meant huntsville and not tuscaloosa.

I hate you george.
Oh, maybe I should have specified. Sorry. :D

well i'm definitely down if you can get us there. I've got a Mistsubishi Galant and we all know the Japanese make fuel efficient cars :-D

we can't stay till 5am though :-D
Sounds good. Staying too late would be bad since the Ensley tournament starts at 1:00 Saturday, and I'll need to be up around 10:00 Saturday anyway.

munkus beaver

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
0619-4510-9772
You ***** could come down to T-town for a fourth of the road-time and gas.

What's so good about huntsville anyway you guys suck.

The Phantom Smasher

Smash Cadet
i could definitely smash tomorrow night if we wanted to have a tuscaloosa gathering. i get out of class at 3:15 so virtually anytime after that would be good for me. also, we could do it at my place if no one else had a place in mind.

munkus beaver

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
0619-4510-9772
It's settled! There. Ya bleedin queers, we're gonna smash in Tuscaloosa, not Huntsville. At Phantom's place.

You hear that, you b'ham carpetbaggers?

theONEjanitor

Smash Champion
NNID
the1janitor
i'm down for that as well...although i should be in tuscaloosa already...if you still dont wanna drive george i'll come get ya but same thing about needing gas

i dont know where phantom lives though....

GeorgeTHPS

Smash Journeyman
NNID
GeorgeThePlushie
3DS FC
1676-3689-8314
I live in Riverside East room 423. It's the building just to the right of the community center where all the tournaments have been.

Also, I have 2 TVs but only 1 wii so someone should at least bring an additional wii. Also, what time are people thinking about getting here?
I have a Wii where you don't randomly trip in Brawl. :D

Oh, and I can get there at about 4:00 if other people would be showing up that early.

The Phantom Smasher

Smash Cadet
really sorry guys but im going to have to bail...i just found out that tomorrow is one of my roommate's birthdays (i know, i have a terrible memory). anyway though, i have to go out to eat with him and then people are coming back and eating cake at my place. really sorry but i can definitely do next thursday if people still want to and probably most thursdays that people want to smash...

anomaly

Smash Apprentice
yeah sure. I don't have a wii or brawl or memory card though, so.. yeah. we can use the big tv downstairs anyway. maybe i'll even cook something. in ridgecrest west 414 for reference. i don't know how long it'd be for. i can't start till 4:30ish btw. if duchock would rather host, that's cool too.

Duchock

Smash Journeyman
You people are burnin' the midnight oil <_< Then again, so am I...

Burke doesn't have much in way of technical provisions... and neither does my dormroom. One TV, one wii with -almost- all of the characters unlocked, and no seating. The common room is almost always full and there's only one TV anyways, which would be lag filled. Ridgecrest, with provisions of some componant cables, would be a much better location imo. Lots of room, half-kitchens, coke machines nearby. Lap of luxury.

And I don't get outta classes today (Thursday) til' 6:30, and after that it's raid time, so you shall get no Smash out of me! But I do wholeheartedly support the idea. Smash for all, and all for a location close to me.

GeorgeTHPS

Smash Journeyman
NNID
GeorgeThePlushie
3DS FC
1676-3689-8314
Well, I was planning on leaving around 3:40, but now I might hold off until I know where to go/if we're actually playing.

Also, Daft Punk is <3

theONEjanitor

Smash Champion
NNID
the1janitor
so guys, i'm on a computer with a shift key that keeps getting stuck making ME TYPE IN ALL CAPS when i don't want too

but in the process I learned that holding shift and scrolling the mouse wheel has the same function as clicking the "Back" and "Forward" arrows in the browser. (or at least in Firefox)

learn something new everyday don't ya. I would have never known that probably.

GeorgeTHPS

Smash Journeyman
NNID
GeorgeThePlushie
3DS FC
1676-3689-8314
Most times, a shortcut like that really won't make a difference in my day or even my web browsing experience.

But now I have DVD-video playing on my Wii. All Nintendo would really have to do is either update the disc channel or make a DVD-video playback channel, but it takes homebrew for the ability to come out.

Top Bottom