• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Alabama Thread! (10/26/2016 update)

munkus beaver

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
0619-4510-9772
I find it odd that people can say balance in brawl is based around projectiles while still placing MK in top tier.

Kalm

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Unibias
3DS FC
1650-2449-3447
I find it odd that people can say balance in brawl is based around projectiles while still placing MK in top tier.
I don't think you quite understand my post. I said that projectile offense AND projectile defense makes up a lot of the game right now. MK has a lot more projectile defense than some characters simply such a fast aerial character, Jigglypuff has that same advantage. The other thing I said is a big factor is juggling offense and defense, right now MK is one of the best jugglers in the game. When you look at the top tier you see it more and more.

Snake is a great and powerful projectile user, but he has almost no defense against projectiles. He an above average juggler, and his defense against juggling is above averge too. MrGW has a defense against projectiles that is even more powerful than reflecting them, his Oil Panic scares a lot of people into not even using projectlies because Oil Panic can kill at 30%. He has no projectlies and no juggling, but his Uair confuses a lot of people when theyre falling, and his Dair is an FU to any juggler alive. Falco, great projectiles, great defense against them. Decent juggler with slightly more than decent defense against juggling.
The only one left is ROB, and I'm not going to try and comment on him because I still don't know a lot about him. Toon Link is also being consider for top tier though, and he has incredible projectlies and juggling defense, with little juggling power and decent projectile defense.

Thats the way I'm feeling about a lot of things right now, but a lot of those feelings revolve around Final Destination. I never played Melee outside of my local area, so its new to me to see a lot of "cheap tactics" in SSB now. So if I sound ignorant then feel free to ignore me.

@Midguy
Yeah I play Wow too. Well, not as much as I used to, its become really stupid. I can't believe how much the makers of that game sold out and became corrupted, they completely ruined it.

munkus beaver

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
0619-4510-9772
People just aren't used to to the game yet. Metagames are created over time.
I don't think you get what I was alluding to.

There are people that claim that metaknight is at the top of the **** for brawl.

These same people will claim that projectiles reign as king in brawl.

:dizzy:

ragnarock

Smash Lord
I don't think you quite understand my post. I said that projectile offense AND projectile defense makes up a lot of the game right now. MK has a lot more projectile defense than some characters simply such a fast aerial character, Jigglypuff has that same advantage. The other thing I said is a big factor is juggling offense and defense, right now MK is one of the best jugglers in the game. When you look at the top tier you see it more and more.

Snake is a great and powerful projectile user, but he has almost no defense against projectiles. He an above average juggler, and his defense against juggling is above averge too. MrGW has a defense against projectiles that is even more powerful than reflecting them, his Oil Panic scares a lot of people into not even using projectlies because Oil Panic can kill at 30%. He has no projectlies and no juggling, but his Uair confuses a lot of people when theyre falling, and his Dair is an FU to any juggler alive. Falco, great projectiles, great defense against them. Decent juggler with slightly more than decent defense against juggling.
The only one left is ROB, and I'm not going to try and comment on him because I still don't know a lot about him. Toon Link is also being consider for top tier though, and he has incredible projectlies and juggling defense, with little juggling power and decent projectile defense.

Thats the way I'm feeling about a lot of things right now, but a lot of those feelings revolve around Final Destination. I never played Melee outside of my local area, so its new to me to see a lot of "cheap tactics" in SSB now. So if I sound ignorant then feel free to ignore me.

@Midguy
Yeah I play Wow too. Well, not as much as I used to, its become really stupid. I can't believe how much the makers of that game sold out and became corrupted, they completely ruined it.
I feel that pojectiles have nothing to do with the game right now, and the projectiles in this game for part can be avoided. I've never seen somebody lose because the main reason was because of a projectile of something of that nature. And jjust you win because of you defense to projectiles, I dont know about that. The person who won because of the projectiles controlled match. The person who lose because of the projectile couldn't come up with a tactic to stop the opponent or couldn't adjust to there playing style sameand make something happen differennce i guess. But thats my opinion.

mslano

Smash Journeyman
I'm in Hoover for a few days this week. People should recognize this fact and act accordingly.

theONEjanitor

Smash Champion
NNID
the1janitor
I'm in Hoover for a few days this week. People should recognize this fact and act accordingly.
which of the days????

in response the current chat
and i dont find projectiles to be much of a problem unless i'm playing online.
It's all about options in Smash, from 64-Brawl. Characters with more options are higher in the tiers. Snake has freaking unlimited options for every situation, and Metaknight can pretty much do whatever he wants. Characters like Wario, Marth, and ROB will alo be high tier because they have lots of options.

you can generally get around projectiles by just playing smart.

in response to WOW. i played it for a couple of weeks, and it was dope. I just don't have the time and money to invest in it though. Or the hard drive space.

Duchock

Smash Journeyman
Brawl practice for me is most likely going on a backburner thanks to Wii Fit and my mother's new addiction.

She hasn't even taken it out of the box yet!

saintrage

Smash Cadet
The thing about projectiles is they make your opponent have to act. They must avoid the projectiles by either jumping to a platform, or canceling them out somehow. Thus lessening your opions for aproach.
Example:
When i play against moogles fox, if he is far away, he will shoot those lasers at me. If i don't jump to a platform or do something else, i will have tons of damage racked up on me in no time. because i have to act, i have a significantly reduced amount of actions to take after my projectile evasion. That is why projectiles and camping are said to rule the game atm.

Is anyone up for smashing friday or saturday? those are the too best days for me, and i think i'd like to actually play you this time mslano.

As far as WoW goes, i played it and found it to be boring. I preferred my other game i played for 3 and 1/2 years, Shattered Galaxy. Omg its an amazing game. I wish the game owners would develop it, but its so old now that they figure they'll just let it die out. Its a MMRTSRPG, and its freaking amazing, complicated but amazing. I played it for that long and i was only like in the top 200 of the best players. Battles were so intense, the regiment rivalry so hardcore, it was great. But regiments died and Nexon sold to KRU and now its stagnant. The people are still great, but the game won't develop anymore. Only the players will be able to figure out new things now.

WoW < SG

anyway, what is another good game for Wii besides Brawl, i want to get Wii fit, and i think i'd enjoy Rock band alot. Anyone have any other suggestions?

Majist

Smash Journeyman
lmao

best post in the past 2 pages^^^

@Saint: i'm definitely down for some smashing this weekend. i've had like no time or energy to smash at all this week, since i got this supervision job.

And is mslano going to be in Hoover for the entire weekend or is he coming to Huntsville??

EDIT: @Saint again: i haven't really heard anything about Mario Kart Wii. does that mean it's not worth looking into? it looks like a really fun game. i have heard that the online play is quite good.

Duchock

Smash Journeyman
Oh yeah, if you guys are getting together this weekend, I'm coming. Whether you like it or not. I need to get out more...

Edit: And I'll be leaving from Birmingham with an empty car (hint, hint).

Majist

Smash Journeyman
Oh yeah, if you guys are getting together this weekend, I'm coming. Whether you like it or not. I need to get out more...

Edit: And I'll be leaving from Birmingham with an empty car (hint, hint).
duchock, i would love to meet/play you. plz bring mslano kthx:grin:

for the record, i watched the doubles finals of the UA tourney, and i thought you did very well.

saintrage

Smash Cadet
lmao

best post in the past 2 pages^^^

@Saint: i'm definitely down for some smashing this weekend. i've had like no time or energy to smash at all this week, since i got this supervision job.

And is mslano going to be in Hoover for the entire weekend or is he coming to Huntsville??

EDIT: @Saint again: i haven't really heard anything about Mario Kart Wii. does that mean it's not worth looking into? it looks like a really fun game. i have heard that the online play is quite good.
Ahaha thats great. think Zero suit would be a better candidate though. She is obviously well endowed in this game 0o

I actually enjoyed mario cart double dash alot so i think i'll check into mario casrt wii. To bad i don't have my Wii online yet >.<

Kalm

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Unibias
3DS FC
1650-2449-3447
I would recommend Mario Kart Wii, its the best in the series right now in a lot of ways. There are plenty of stages, characters, and karts to choose from. The Wii Wheel works very very well, and the online play is excellent.

j00t

Smash Champion
Mario Kart Wii is the worst MK game I have ever played. It is pretty bad.

And I'm going!!! We must get friendlies in. :3

Kalm

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Unibias
3DS FC
1650-2449-3447
Yeah I saw that video already, it really does feel like Meta Knight lol.

Now go and buy Mario Kart you consumer *****!

@NES noob

Okey day.

Kalm

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Unibias
3DS FC
1650-2449-3447
Well I gotta hand it to you, you did a great job completely gimping my heavy guys to no return. I always new Fox was cheap, but I was really impressed by the Luigi and Mario show. I never even new many attacks you could combo with them like that. For whatever its worth, I was getting frustrated after the first few matches because of girlfriend situations (I live with her) and I feel like that was causing me to leave myself open more. Thats also why I had to afk and then eventually go, sorry =(.

Either way, you were definately the kind of guy I was looking for. I hope I can fight you again before too long, I really need someone who can mop the floor with me to practice against.

NES n00b

Smash Master
Oxford, Mississippi. . . . permanent n00b
GGs Kalm but why did you stop playing? I just saw like DK standing there for 5 minutes or so. Then once you did come back you left. =/

Oh well, still fun.

Edit: Oh, that is why. Ok then. Yeah play me whenever. Thanks for complimenting on the combos. I have been trying to find ways of keeping people in strings. ^_^

j00t

Smash Champion
I only know you by the first page on the thread, since coach mentioned something about you being lost in WoW world. He might flip to see you post here after such a long time. :)

I want to Melee, sure. :3

Kalm

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Unibias
3DS FC
1650-2449-3447
Great matches again NES Noob, I feel a lot better about those fights lol. I could tell something wasn't right though, either you were holding back a bit or poor Falcons tier placement was shining through. It was actually a shame that you were fighting toe to toe with me using him when it was obvious you were the better player. It was actually easier to fight him with Ike than DK too, even though DK is my main. It looked like it was mostly impossible for you to combo Ike after a grab after about 40% or so, the Nair was shutting you down. I think the biggest difference was that you didn't have as many ways to play with Ike's gimplisous recovery though even still lol.

If you have any advice for me I'm all for it. And thanks for not wtfpwning me! =D

coach

Smash Apprentice
Hey chris, I'm about to leave the country (and dont play brawl), but talk to andy(moogle) on AIM sometime. Moogle561

Top Bottom