• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Alabama Thread! (10/26/2016 update)

Zylo

Smash Journeyman
Alright guys, so us folks at UA just put on our first melee tournament and had 18 people enter. We kept it local because none of us had TO'd before, but for our next one we're going to add PM and make it open to everyone. It'll be on smashboards on a few weeks, so I hope to see you guys there.

Metmetm3t

Smash Lord
That's what's up Zylo. Just try not to cross dates with our other shindigs and I'll see about getting up there. April is already looking slammed.

Jake The Preacher

The Amateur Preacher
For those of you who aren't going to AUSOM, there's a small melee/PM tourney fest for a new business in Tuscaloosa on the 29th. So if you don't wanna go to Auburn or you can't or anything, you've got a fallback plan for Tuscaloosa. Check the events tab on the 29th or PM if you want more details

Saki-

Reset Project
NNID
iTasya
Mobile just had a splendid turnout on their latest tournament....so I'd dare to say it's looking pretty great.

Zylo

Smash Journeyman
I actually have no idea. The event page has some 132 people confirmed to be going, so I really have no idea how many people are going to be there for smash.

Saki-

Reset Project
NNID
iTasya
I'd love some friendlies at the Auburn tournament. I'm probably the worst at PM and ready to drown in pools

OrangeEnvelope

Smash Apprentice
I'm not good at Pm either lol, I just stick with Falco. ;) So, what's the skill level gonna be like there? I'm slightly terrified and more than excited haha

Zylo

Smash Journeyman
There were two melee tournaments that happened a couple weeks ago, but none since then that I know of. Also, a group of us have a carpool for Chargercon tomorrow, but that's a little but farther than tuscaloosa.

Metmetm3t

Smash Lord
Don't be afraid to get in touch with ABXY or Hivebang and ask them to run another. You said you hosted one yourself back in March so hosting another one yourself is of course an option. If you need any help, I would definitely hit you up with some ASL advertising.

As for other tournaments nearby I also know about Get Money Monthlies out in Birmingham
https://www.facebook.com/events/605588819519364/

Also this just got posted in the ASL FB group
https://www.facebook.com/events/628297760571699/
of course if you are going to ChargerCon it isn't good timing

Last edited:

Zylo

Smash Journeyman
We've started a monthly tournament series with ABXY; however, we won't be able to do it in April because of janky schedules and then everyone is going to leave. But next year it should be a thing.

Zylo

Smash Journeyman
The first one was melee only because I haven't TO'd before and didn't want to get over extended, but future tournaments will have PM and maybe even 64.

Jake The Preacher

The Amateur Preacher
Sweet, thanks man. If you can swing me an invite I'll gladly come out to support and play some. I just wanna know if it's okay before we go because me and my friends are seniors in high school and I saw that ABXY was for the UA students, and I just didn't wanna tick anyone off or anything

Metmetm3t

Smash Lord
I've never heard of a university club turning down players. At Auburn and USA I've invited plenty of outside players and it always goes over well.

Top Bottom