• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Alabama Thread! (10/26/2016 update)

LetGoOfMyBread

Smash Rookie
Switch FC
SW 8515 9783 4204
Let me begin by saying hello everyone,
I posted this in the AL Melee thread as well, but I figured I'd say it here too.
I'm new to the "Smash community" (don't mind the joined date, I've had the account for a while, but never got around to using it) and I come from the "FGC". I'd like to learn Melee very much; I'm not that great, but I would like to meet you guys. If anyone here plays in near Millbrook,or any of the surrounding areas, such as Prattville, Montgomery, etc., I'd most definitely like to meet you guys and maybe get some games in or at least talk to you guys. Thanks in advance. :)

LetGoOfMyBread

Smash Rookie
Switch FC
SW 8515 9783 4204
I will, but my hopes are really on Melee. I see someone by the name of mr. referee on the 1st post, is there a way I can contact him because we live in the same city and I'd like to see about getting some games in.

popsofctown

Smash Champion
I think ref is inactive :( I might be corrected though.

You're kind of in a deadspot. There's lots of mobile smash and huntsville smash but not as much in between.

Saki-

Reset Project
NNID
iTasya
And no Mario Party was mentioned, I'm ashamed.
Still find it super funny that in Smash 4, tournaments may just become Smash 4 + Melee, and if there was extra time a toss up would be done between Smash 64 and Brawl. ;-; From being part of a majority that loves brawl to a minority.

Bomber7

Smash Hero
And no Mario Party was mentioned, I'm ashamed.
Still find it super funny that in Smash 4, tournaments may just become Smash 4 + Melee, and if there was extra time a toss up would be done between Smash 64 and Brawl. ;-; From being part of a majority that loves brawl to a minority.
No one considers Smash 64 a game anymore, otherwise it would be mentioned everytime a major smash melee documentary was made. It's all about praising melee and bashing Brawl. ;)

Zylo

Smash Journeyman
Let me begin by saying hello everyone,
I posted this in the AL Melee thread as well, but I figured I'd say it here too.
I'm new to the "Smash community" (don't mind the joined date, I've had the account for a while, but never got around to using it) and I come from the "FGC". I'd like to learn Melee very much; I'm not that great, but I would like to meet you guys. If anyone here plays in near Millbrook,or any of the surrounding areas, such as Prattville, Montgomery, etc., I'd most definitely like to meet you guys and maybe get some games in or at least talk to you guys. Thanks in advance. :)
If you're ever in the Tuscaloosa area I'd be more than willing to play some melee with you.

HotCross

Smash Rookie
I live in tuscaloosa and I would like more people to play with. I have a copy of Melee but I haven't been playing it much, but I have played a lot of PM. Are there ever tournaments in this area?

Zylo

Smash Journeyman
Not very often, no. I think every now and then Hive Bang Gaming puts on a small tournament but I haven't really checked out that scene.

Zylo

Smash Journeyman
U of A's scene is going to start getting a little bit bigger soon. We have a lot of people on campus who really like to play smash but we haven't really been getting together in any kind of group setting. Hopefully that will be changing soon enough.

Saki-

Reset Project
NNID
iTasya
For all of you bama folk at Apex this year. Good Luck and knock em dead~

Edit: Oh woops, Congrats to Ing xD. Guess finishing up that final year is why he's been MIA

Saki-

Reset Project
NNID
iTasya
Money issues aside, I should be in Montgomery next weekend handling military affairs if all goes as planned. So absolute no go for that awesome looking regional.

Saki-

Reset Project
NNID
iTasya
Today I Learned: People still cannot drive in Alabama, especially when there is snow. If you're stuck somewhere out there guys you have my prayers and wishing of gl

popsofctown

Smash Champion
I live in tuscaloosa and I would like more people to play with. I have a copy of Melee but I haven't been playing it much, but I have played a lot of PM. Are there ever tournaments in this area?
There are smashers in Alabama other than me? Where have I been all this time? PM anybody? Pleeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeease?
You two. Send pms to eachother with contact infoz.

Top Bottom