• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Alabama Thread! (10/26/2016 update)

BSL

B-B-B-BLAMM!!!
NNID
bsl883
3DS FC
3308-4560-2744
Sweet, thanks man. If you can swing me an invite I'll gladly come out to support and play some. I just wanna know if it's okay before we go because me and my friends are seniors in high school and I saw that ABXY was for the UA students, and I just didn't wanna tick anyone off or anything
i know for sure ABXY is ok with non students being there.

Saki-

Reset Project
NNID
iTasya
I'm fine with it because I find Brawl the most enjoyable. I may need to buy a 3DSXL now though...my tiny 3DS may not be feasible

Metmetm3t

Smash Lord
Wasn't really impressed, slighty faster Brawl is not enough.
Just don't be one of THOSE guys. The ones that told me Brawl sucks and I should hate myself. Those are the guys that made me stay away from Melee for nearly four years. Smash 4 players arn't gonna wanna hear it either.

j00t

Smash Champion
Just don't be one of THOSE guys. The ones that told me Brawl sucks and I should hate myself. Those are the guys that made me stay away from Melee for nearly four years. Smash 4 players arn't gonna wanna hear it either.
I was one of those people, admittedly. I don't really care now though. #OneUnit

Mahyar

Smash Rookie
Any Project M tournaments around this weekend? I kinda wanna go to the Hive Bang thing in Tuscaloosa except play PM instead of Brawl.

Merk

Smash Rookie
Sweet, thanks man. If you can swing me an invite I'll gladly come out to support and play some. I just wanna know if it's okay before we go because me and my friends are seniors in high school and I saw that ABXY was for the UA students, and I just didn't wanna tick anyone off or anything
You don't even need an invite; seriously just go to the RCC whenever an ABXY is in session and we always have at the very least a setup for doubles. Except for that one time where we didn't. Depending on our mood and whose setup was brought, we play either Melee or PM. We should be there tonight from like 6 to 10. About half of us range from decent to pretty good, the other half (including yours truly) are - well - a little bit less so. (This makes crew battles pretty difficult as we have 2 guys get like 8ish stocks apiece and then 3 guys get like 3 stocks total as we saw at Chargercon, but I digress.) The more, the merrier.

Plus, you get to play under a weird kind of simulated pressure since the dudes playing Blazblue on the other side of the room scream their heads off every minute and a half or so.

OrangeEnvelope

Smash Apprentice
Is anyone from North Alabama carpooling to Mobile this weekend? I'd definitely throw in some cash for gas and whatnot. Also, I feel like Masahiro "cares" that the community exists, but I definitely don't think he's intentionally going to cater to us. But I mean, it's gonna be played on the 3ds, so that's cool

TheReflexWonder

Wonderful!
BRoomer
NNID
TheReflexWonder
3DS FC
2492-4449-2771
I'm thinking about heading there from Phenix City; if I do, you'd be welcome to come if you help with gas, yeah.

TheReflexWonder

Wonderful!
BRoomer
NNID
TheReflexWonder
3DS FC
2492-4449-2771
I suppose it depends on who else would be going. I might not be able to find enough people to come with me to justify the trip. :(

Jake The Preacher

The Amateur Preacher
You don't even need an invite; seriously just go to the RCC whenever an ABXY is in session and we always have at the very least a setup for doubles. Except for that one time where we didn't. Depending on our mood and whose setup was brought, we play either Melee or PM. We should be there tonight from like 6 to 10. About half of us range from decent to pretty good, the other half (including yours truly) are - well - a little bit less so. (This makes crew battles pretty difficult as we have 2 guys get like 8ish stocks apiece and then 3 guys get like 3 stocks total as we saw at Chargercon, but I digress.) The more, the merrier.

Plus, you get to play under a weird kind of simulated pressure since the dudes playing Blazblue on the other side of the room scream their heads off every minute and a half or so.
Awesome man, I won't be able to make it tonight, but most any other night should be good. I'll be glad to bring a PM setup and a friend of mine could too, just keep me posted please

Jayde_Dubs

Smash Rookie
I want to play smash (melee or PM) with people in Mobile. Is there anywhere that people frequently meet up to play? I know GnG does monthlies, is there anywhere else?

Jethroo

Smash Journeyman
I want to play smash (melee or PM) with people in Mobile. Is there anywhere that people frequently meet up to play? I know GnG does monthlies, is there anywhere else?
There are usually a few of us playing at south alabama's library on friday from 4 to 6.

Last edited:

Jake The Preacher

The Amateur Preacher
Anything other than the previously mentioned PM tourneys with Hive Bang and ABXY got anything going on in Tuscaloosa or anyone around T Town that likes playing PM? I know you guys get tired of listening to me whine all the time but thanks a lot for putting up with me with this

BSL

B-B-B-BLAMM!!!
NNID
bsl883
3DS FC
3308-4560-2744
Anything other than the previously mentioned PM tourneys with Hive Bang and ABXY got anything going on in Tuscaloosa or anyone around T Town that likes playing PM? I know you guys get tired of listening to me whine all the time but thanks a lot for putting up with me with this
I know a few people, but you can meet them through ABXY. Look for Jim, Jesse, or Trevor. They're the guys I played with when I was there.

Merk

Smash Rookie
I know a few people, but you can meet them through ABXY. Look for Jim, Jesse, or Trevor. They're the guys I played with when I was there.
Tagging onto this to emphasize that outside of a few fraternity guys (e.g. I know there's a decent Smash following at Theta Tau, although it's worth noting that if I recall correctly, their recent Melee tournament saw only ABXY guys finish in the money for pro bracket) you'll meet most of the UA smashers pretty much just through ABXY. Not everyone shows up on a given day though - there's usually anywhere from 4 to 8. The Facebook group(s) is/are a mostly complete listing from what I can tell.

To reiterate from the last page and the other answers here: General Tuscaloosa Smash hub is ABXY. Not LRZCstick. Not DpadStartPowerReset. Not CircleSquareTriangleX. ABXY. Try and get to one before we all head off to 18 different states for 3 months. We're all pretty laid back dudes.

ETA: @ Jake The Preacher Jake The Preacher

Last edited:

TheReflexWonder

Wonderful!
BRoomer
NNID
TheReflexWonder
3DS FC
2492-4449-2771
I am, but the route I need to take with the other people would have me go 50 minutes out of the way to get you, so I don't think I'll be able to snatch you up. Sorry, sir!

Top Bottom