• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Alabama Thread! (10/26/2016 update)

shaSLAM

Smash Lord
mahg. if you are scared. take opiates. :)

dudes, do you guys think of like the definition of chill when you see my posts? now with new avi?

Mahgnittoc

Smash Ace
Naw Slam. I get a bit more chilled from that off white color your posts are. It looks like white normal text but it isn't. ;) (no homo)

TheReflexWonder

Wonderful!
BRoomer
NNID
TheReflexWonder
3DS FC
2492-4449-2771
As an aside, if others' color choices really bother you, you can go to Edit Options in your Control Panel and turn all weird colors off.

Aloha

Smash Cadet
so yeah i just bought a computer monitor 2ms great for fighting games lags not a problem anymore! yang ,mane i c u MVC3 and ssf4AE stay on fye!

theONEjanitor

Smash Champion
NNID
the1janitor
i desparately want to add wesker to my team, but he just doesn't fit. maybe i can replace spencer with him. not dropping she hulk for ****. she hulk too beast.
wesker is kind of a sleeper character, he doesn't seem that good when i'm fighting against him, but then all of a sudden your team is dead
ive been fooling around with dorm too
I DUNNO MAN. i'm about to settle into a high tier team or something.

also as soon as I geta controller for my computer i'm gonna get beast at sf4

#HBC | Ryker

Netplay Monstrosity
BRoomer
Wesker, a sleeper? Do you play anyone with a decent Wesker. A good projectile that leads into devastating combos from a screen away? No thanks. Easy XFactor combo that kills any character? No thanks.

Aloha

Smash Cadet
wesker is like the 3rd best chracter in the game! like ryker said a sleeper? wesker is a beast bruh! so maybe u have not played the weskers like i have he's so god-like!

theONEjanitor

Smash Champion
NNID
the1janitor
wesker is like she hulk he needs help, but once he's in he's doing dirt.
wesker's def not the 3rd best character tho
wesker's main strengths are in his intangibles, the fact that he's fast, powerful, and has a lot of health. his moveset in general is pretty average when compared to most of the other good characters.

pretty much every character has an xfactor combo that can kill you so that's not really the issue

theONEjanitor

Smash Champion
NNID
the1janitor
i dont really know who's literally the best everybody online plays the same characters and none of them are good, and matchups change too, like none of my characters are great against sentinel, but if you play a good anti sentinel team you'd probably think he wasnt as great as everyone things. i still think sentinel's the best character, even after the patch. ammy's better than wesker.
i think she hulk is better than wesker. overall, phoenix is one of the best, but only with the right team setup. Dante's pretty good invidually and 1v1 is better than wesker. but with the right team, wesker catches up to him.
but theres a lot of good characters that I dont get to experience much, like Akuma and Dormammu and C. Viper. who could very well be up there, but they dont get played as much

figuring tiers is weird in this game because the matchups are so varied, and you have to take into account the team sets ups as well as the assists.

Aloha

Smash Cadet
my team is captain A, task m, tron ! however i believe the captain is a major sleeper!

shaSLAM

Smash Lord
i just played marvel last night all night for the first time and my team is Spidey, Doom, and Ironman.

yeah son!!!!!

i kinda suck though i wish i could get it forreal.

Zero_Gamer

Smash Master
Gat dang, why am I mostly interested in bottom tiers in MvC3? I blame that Avengers show on Disney XD. After finally looking into Captain America I'm seeing the potential greatness of Shield Slash. To offset my bottom tier interests, I'm also looking into Wolverine. I like his divekick.

theONEjanitor

Smash Champion
NNID
the1janitor
spidey's good, middle high if you know what you're doing maybe. dont play him much myself, but i have played one or two sick spideys online
Doom's a high mid, but kind of difficult to play. but he has the best collection of assists in the game, so he's great to have on any team.
Iron man also has a good assist, but he kind of sucks imo. although I'm seeing him pop up on teams a lot for his great beam assist

theONEjanitor

Smash Champion
NNID
the1janitor
Gat dang, why am I mostly interested in bottom tiers in MvC3? I blame that Avengers show on Disney XD. After finally looking into Captain America I'm seeing the potential greatness of Shield Slash. To offset my bottom tier interests, I'm also looking into Wolverine. I like his divekick.
gimpyfish plays an avengers team (cap/iron/thor and occasionally cap/iron/hulk) he's got some cool tricks he shows on his youtube channel.

it's definitely a viable idea but your obv gonna run into trouble against certain teams.

wolverine is annoying. You know I'd much prefer to fight a keep away char than a rushdown character. they make me nervous

I reluctantly gave up spencer because I really wasnt doing anything with him except swinging around and looking to whiff punish with bionic arm. he's sort of a one-dimensional character as far as I can tell.
and I miss doom's assist, but I just can't play him very well.

also Jax is falling further and further down the tiers list in MK9. i may have to find a new character lol

also I might play some MK at the huntsville tournament. <_<

#HBC | Ryker

Netplay Monstrosity
BRoomer
spidey's good, middle high if you know what you're doing maybe. dont play him much myself, but i have played one or two sick spideys online
Doom's a high mid, but kind of difficult to play. but he has the best collection of assists in the game, so he's great to have on any team.
Iron man also has a good assist, but he kind of sucks imo. although I'm seeing him pop up on teams a lot for his great beam assist
Doom is definitely higher than mid tier. He's got crazy safe options and is far from a simple assist character. He's just awkward and demands that you know how to operate his air dash and respect the differences between his ground dash and most of the rest of the cast.

Ironically, my team has no normal dash. I have Doom's and Chris's uncancellable dashes and Arthur's lack of a dash.

theONEjanitor

Smash Champion
NNID
the1janitor
i havent seen anyone do anything with doom really. he's got slow normals, ****ty supers, and a sub par mix up game. his projectile's good and i guess he good at keeping you out of his face. he's got some pretty cool combos once you get in, but most teams basically avoid having him on the playing field as much as Ive seen. but i'm open to be proved wrong.

chris can still wavedash though can't he?

Aloha

Smash Cadet
im so glad i spent the time learning how to use the a fight stick so much better than a ****ty pad!

Mahgnittoc

Smash Ace
Guys, I might be going to UAH like... Wednesday for the entire summer.

@Elev8: I saw someone yesterday at Lenox mall with a shirt that said Elev8. You must buy it.

Top Bottom