• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Alabama Thread! (10/26/2016 update)

#HBC | Ryker

Netplay Monstrosity
BRoomer
where do you guys travel ryker? panama city? does not count ! anywhere where it takes 30 min to an hour does not count! ive traveled alot further than you could imagine for smash but im dumb naw bruh your dumb! plus i **** you in smash do i need to upload our match?
Do you look before you leap? We just got back from AUSOM, went to Gamebox, hosted Resist where everybody but Huntsville came down to, and we're most likely going to Tuscaloosa next weekend. I really don't care where you've traveled for Brawl except that it serves to help my point that Alabama does travel. Then when called out on being dumb, you try to make me back down by referencing one game that's outdated and unrelated to the argument? Think before you post, stop trolling this board, and learn to use capital letters and apostrophes. Control your salt levels, I know you're not really an ***.

And, for your information, Panama City is well over an hour away from Mobile. It's about an hour to Pensacola and about two (give or take half an hour) more from there, IIRC.

@Cam - I figured, but I wanted to be able to say I didn't exclude you from that list.

shaSLAM

Smash Lord
daphne is 4 hours for me. i traveled there.
it doesnt make a difference if you travel places or not if you suck and still get last and dont learn anything. like how does that mean anything?
i guess youre like supporting the smash scene by adding 10 extra dollars to it but w/e i just dont see the big deal. not tryin to call you out but just keepin it real over here in this corner on the streets in the hood.

yeah ill MM ryker im always down to make EASY MONEY EASY MONEY GETTIN PAID LIKE ITS NUTHIN EASY MONEY

sooo im kinda hyped for iron brawl tho.
and t1j sorry i just played around alot in our friendlies on wifi hope it helped you learn something tho lol i was just like experimenting alot even tho i told you id help you learn the MU lol w/e tho. that was like last week but w/e just remembered to say something.

#HBC | Ryker

Netplay Monstrosity
BRoomer
I'll wager your backpack against $5.

Also, name someone who sucks, isn't interested in getting any better, and is willing to drive over 3 hours for a Brawl tourney alone.

shaSLAM

Smash Lord
theres a difference between being interested in getting better and having the drive to actually get better (no pun intended)
idk dude w/e i dont wanna bag on people im jus sayin aloha wasnt like the BEST player so idk jus sayin shouldnt hate so hard on a game you really dont know much about. and i just dont understand how driving places = being a good player.

j00t

Smash Champion
theres a difference between being interested in getting better and having the drive to actually get better (no pun intended)
idk dude w/e i dont wanna bag on people im jus sayin aloha wasnt like the BEST player so idk jus sayin shouldnt hate so hard on a game you really dont know much about. and i just dont understand how driving places = being a good player.
You learn the most when you go to tournaments, play all sorts of playstyles, and get ***** by them.

nice1

Smash Lord
cam u dont remember seeing me at AUSOM? :( even tho i dont play brawl i'll still com to tourneys to see old faces and pray there is a super or mvc setup somewhere lol. as of now i dont travel like i used to because im graduating from community college and going to Auburn this year and i wanna get everything out the way so i wont be rushing at the last min.

Aloha

Smash Cadet
1. aloha wasnt the best player? never said i was 2. so your the best metaknight? you are the most inconsistent player on the pr and yet you wanna run your mouth sayin im talking **** about the game not talking **** im jus saying for me smash is dull, im no longer interested in getting better at it! so that means im putting the game down? your mk is mediocre at best! unless your seibrik, lee m, m2k, or anti, shadow, atomsk, havok, just to name a few great mk off the top of my head! notice i didnt say slam lol! you spend half of your time on aib bruh! lol! i have a jobbbbb! i get money! come correct or not at all!

*Cam*

Smash Lord
cam u dont remember seeing me at AUSOM? :( even tho i dont play brawl i'll still com to tourneys to see old faces and pray there is a super or mvc setup somewhere lol. as of now i dont travel like i used to because im graduating from community college and going to Auburn this year and i wanna get everything out the way so i wont be rushing at the last min.
You were at AUSOM 2, I remember that. That was way back in October though. I don't remember seeing you at AUSOM 3D. You're going to Auburn? Cool. You'll have to smash with us.

nice1

Smash Lord
You were at AUSOM 2, I remember that. That was way back in October though. I don't remember seeing you at AUSOM 3D. You're going to Auburn? Cool. You'll have to smash with us.
Yea I was ausom 3 i don't if u remember but I was the one standing behind elev8 when it was u, him, and inguilt (sorry if I spelled your name wrong) playing friendlies on that one tv. I'll def hav to com hang with y'all tho and play smash. Ima have to split my time up now i can hang with guys for smash and the other auburn crew for street fighter and marvel :) I got orientation this Friday so maybe I'll see you guys if y'all on campus

*Cam*

Smash Lord
Yea I was ausom 3 i don't if u remember but I was the one standing behind elev8 when it was u, him, and inguilt (sorry if I spelled your name wrong) playing friendlies on that one tv. I'll def hav to com hang with y'all tho and play smash. Ima have to split my time up now i can hang with guys for smash and the other auburn crew for street fighter and marvel :) I got orientation this Friday so maybe I'll see you guys if y'all on campus
Sorry, I guess I missed you. You didn't enter the tournament, and I didn't really see you playing at all. We should be here Friday, but we are leaving Saturday morning for the Iron Brawl.

shaSLAM

Smash Lord
dude i am like... number 5 mk in the world.
check yo stats bra
I WANTED TO TILE FLOORS WHEN I GREW UP I WANTED TO TILE BUT REALITY PISSED ON THAT DREAM!! MY DOG RAN AWAY WHEN I WAS 5! 5!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

basically what i wanna say is "oh **** here we go again i opened my goddamn mouth when i shouldnt have... **** i need to control myself"

shaSLAM

Smash Lord
but on the real though i go to school thats hwy i dont have a job and i spend like maybe 1/5 of my time on aib cuz you really cant metaknight all that good on wifi so i usually end up playing with ddd and ddd sucks.

*Cam*

Smash Lord
but on the real though i go to school thats hwy i dont have a job and i spend like maybe 1/5 of my time on aib cuz you really cant metaknight all that good on wifi so i usually end up playing with ddd and ddd sucks.
DDD isn't a bad character. He does suck though :awesome:

ragnarock

Smash Lord
@Aloha: my brother what happened? Why you hate smash to much? You were good at the game and you had potential to me. The brawl scene here isn't bad at all. Between my tourneys and ausom the smash scene is pretty active. Now if you were a melee player I would understand. It's just me, cheap, moogle, and Jwt2k. Tij plays also, I can't think of anyone else right now. But you have plenty of brawl around here. I told you once before I'll come up there and we can play. Cheap has no one to play in melee and I'm trying to get my money together to play him in that. Instead of looking down on your own state's smash scene you should try and make it better, like myself have, Inguilt, George, and Billy. Find a venue and we will come, I will. I'd rather go to my own state's tourney before I go to somebody elses. If you held a tourney every other month that would help the Al smash scene that much more. My point is if you see a problem in the Al smash community point it out, but don't keep mentioning it and your not going to do anything. You should fix it and make it better. AL smash has come long away, He almost had 3 tourneys this month till I canceled mine. It was a f*cking buffet, lol.

The ones that should complain about the Al smash scene are the ones who are trying to make it better and the ones who support our tourneys. If this doesn't apply to you(this goes for everyone) you should not say sh*t about whats happening. The ones who've been holding this sh*t down will discuss it, and WE'LL figure a way to it better. Again I can't stress enough if WE don't apply to you, Shut the f*ck up.

Sincerely, and with love

Ragnarock

Aloha

Smash Cadet
rag my man my main focus and heart is alll on mvc3 now ! SMASH WAS FUN WHILE IT LASTED FOR ME I MEAN IVE MET ALOT OF GREAT PEOPLE IN THIS COMMUNITY BUT ITS TIME FOR ME TO MOVE ON IM HAPPY PLAYING MARVEL 3! ALONG WITH MELTYB, GUILTY, ARCANA HEARTS , TRADITIONAL FIGHTERS IS WHERE MY MAIN FOCUS IS ON NOW! SO YOUR A GREAT PERSON SO IS RYKER SO IS REFLEX,BILLY ELEV 8. CAM THE BIRMINGHAM CREW, EVERYBODY! ITS JUST ITS MAHVEL BABY!

shaSLAM

Smash Lord
come2playover and we can play smash/mvc3 guiez k?
yeah why is nobody complaining about the lack of playover torunaments! that should be the real subject at hand here! :awesome:
lol

rag my man my main focus and heart is alll on mvc3 now ! SMASH WAS FUN WHILE IT LASTED FOR ME I MEAN IVE MET ALOT OF GREAT PEOPLE IN THIS COMMUNITY BUT ITS TIME FOR ME TO MOVE ON IM HAPPY PLAYING MARVEL 3! ALONG WITH MELTYB, GUILTY, ARCANA HEARTS , TRADITIONAL FIGHTERS IS WHERE MY MAIN FOCUS IS ON NOW! SO YOUR A GREAT PERSON SO IS RYKER SO IS REFLEX,BILLY ELEV 8. CAM THE BIRMINGHAM CREW, EVERYBODY! ITS JUST ITS MAHVEL BABY!
no but really i feel you. do whatever makes you happy DONT DIE WONDERING

NinjaFoxX

Banned via Warnings
but im BOOOORED and im there on Wednesdays and some fridays it'd be nice if people came to visit me for once T.T

also, that one guy dosent even work there anymore, i may actually throw together a tourney because i really just want people to play/talk to(theres a mvc3/other fightan games tourny this month on the 23?, if its not too inconvenient id wanna throw in smash aswelldaphne tourney i wanna go).

Aloha

Smash Cadet
okay my nigg i im definetley going you can stay at my house if you need housing? hope you can make its gonna be so hype! confirmed list 1.aloha 2.xeedoc 3. daniel, 4. john maybe geo? and thats just my crew!

Aloha

Smash Cadet
definetley plz come your guy is awesome! im sure you ll prob win ssf4 or place no lower than 4?

nice1

Smash Lord
i doubt i'll win lol i haven't played since final round and most likely the best in alabama will be there. that guy vs gief match up is :(

Aloha

Smash Cadet
send me the link to it so i can watch your match otherwise i cant find it on the tube!

j00t

Smash Champion
Hey Reflex, I'm recording for a Game and Watch combo video. Just wanted to let you, maybe you'll look forward to it :p

theONEjanitor

Smash Champion
NNID
the1janitor
You should school me in MvC3 sometime. I'm madddd bad, and I need to get better.
how to play MVC3:

get your opponent to block by using assists and then blockstring mix/cross up until you land a hit. hit confirm into death combo. repeat until they are at their last character, then dont get hit while they're in xfactor.

theONEjanitor

Smash Champion
NNID
the1janitor
phoenix is over rated and I predict her usage will dwindle as the game evolves

early snapback, and theres a very high chance that phoenix is dead

also since dark phoenix players immediately get aggro and spammy 90% of the time, you can catch them with a full screen super or beam spam half the time, which can get you 100% or very close.

TheReflexWonder

Wonderful!
BRoomer
NNID
TheReflexWonder
3DS FC
2492-4449-2771
Hey Reflex, I'm recording for a Game and Watch combo video. Just wanted to let you, maybe you'll look forward to it :p
Sweet. I could always use some more Melee G&W. :)

how to play MVC3:

get your opponent to block by using assists and then blockstring mix/cross up until you land a hit. hit confirm into death combo. repeat until they are at their last character, then dont get hit while they're in xfactor.
I'm telling you--I'll be able to perfect the ability to camp like a little ***** for 99 seconds. I just need time and practice.

Top Bottom