• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Alabama Thread! (10/26/2016 update)

GeorgeTHPS

Smash Journeyman
NNID
GeorgeThePlushie
3DS FC
1676-3689-8314
Let's hold the next tournament in North Johns, Alabama. North Johns abbreviates to No. Johns obviously. It makes perfect sense.

shaSLAM

Smash Lord
i just wouldnt lie idk my conscious is too heavy man.
i really cant live with it. i dont find this to be admirable, but a problem.

Coolwhip

Smash Champion
NNID
Co0lwhip
Wow. People in huntsville play brawl. Nice. I now live in hunstville, AL.

I'm a mario main from chicago. any huntsville smashers wanna hit me up for some offline friendlies?
wi-fi sucks btw.

_Keno_

Smash Lord
Most of those people play only melee now, but there are still a few. I think our state's resident pikachu player, Cam, lives in Madison in the summer.

Coolwhip

Smash Champion
NNID
Co0lwhip
Most of those people play only melee now, but there are still a few. I think our state's resident pikachu player, Cam, lives in Madison in the summer.
*Sighs* That's why i like being back in my home state of illinois.
It's more active brawl players then melee players there.

Will_

Smash Journeyman

I'm a mario main from chicago. any huntsville smashers wanna hit me up for some offline friendlies?
wi-fi sucks btw.
We have smashfests every thursday(i.e. tonight) at Moogle's apartment. Mostly melee, but we do play brawl if there's enough interest. And by "enough interest", I usually mean me + anyone whom plays brawl primarily.

MLEsis

Smash Journeyman

wi-fi sucks btw.
Coolwhip...niice.

Anyone going to G6 May 14th?! Tomorrow I'm putting in my request for time off for G6 weekend so expect to see .......the sibs there :glare:

_Keno_

Smash Lord
yo kola, when is that little hoover tournament?

And Coolwhip, there is an upcoming tournament in Tuscaloosa featuring Reflex and Mew2king. Check the front page of the thread.

Mahgnittoc

Smash Ace
Aloha call my phone i got a new one. I might go to your house tomorrow during the day cause im working special olympics and im not going back to school for 2 hours.

shaSLAM

Smash Lord
i wish i worked special olympics.
omg
just think about the people that would give anything to be in your place, mahg.
make me proud.

Mahgnittoc

Smash Ace
wuht slam?

I'm gonna work it not run in it. Injust got done running. 2 medals brought home and a first place trophy too the school

**** Oak Mountain.

theONEjanitor

Smash Champion
NNID
the1janitor
Which is an interesting commentary seeing as PS2 and Pictochat are legal.
i never had a problem with pictochat i think its legit for a cp

ps2 is a weird stage, but it's not any weirder than rainbow cruise. i used to think ps2 should be banned but its we're going to allow rainbow cruise, ps2 is nothing by comparison.

and i'll take ps2 over ****ing port town and distant planet anyday

however, i think the ledge grab limit should be replaced with a "referee option".
the ledge grab rule is so lame and almost encouraged people to stall the match up until the limit. instead, I think if a player is fighting a MK player or some other bothersome character, he should be allowed to call for a TO approved 'referee' to watch the match. So if the MK or whatever starts stalling the match, the ref can give a warning and get him to quit it/ call for a reset forcing both players to get on the stage etc.

I SEE YOU

Smash Ace
How does Alabama feel about running the Unity Ruleset?
I don't mind Pictochat, it's a fun stage to play on. I'm more skeptical about PS2. I don't think there's any serious problem with the unity rule set. I think the 50 ledge grabs for all characters not named MK is excessive. May give players a way to beat mk lol

Saki-

Reset Project
NNID
iTasya
You mean the one I hosted? That ended like 2 weeks ago bro lol

Hoover High School usually hosts a monthly but I'm having a bit of trouble getting details on it.

Slam I'll team with you for Iron Brawl if you're still going, my friend made different plans.

theONEjanitor

Smash Champion
NNID
the1janitor
I don't mind Pictochat, it's a fun stage to play on. I'm more skeptical about PS2. I don't think there's any serious problem with the unity rule set. I think the 50 ledge grabs for all characters not named MK is excessive. May give players a way to beat mk lol
lol MK is just gonna go stage spike them at 20 percent

Top Bottom