• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Alabama Thread! (10/26/2016 update)

munkus beaver

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
0619-4510-9772
My parents might be looking to move in around the area where Will_ is.

Interesting.

I SEE YOU

Smash Ace
Does anyone in AL want to go to the new Waba venue for their tournament on the 15th? My brother and Calvin are probably going to Augusta, GA for a tournament over there & I don't want to drive 2 hours by myself, so if anyone wants to go let me know.

shaSLAM

Smash Lord
Slam you best be coming to MSSII.

I need your laptop again Dx

And we plan on doing pools.
i dont want to travel again unless i think i can win.
i dont practice right now so i dont see why i would travel with some false hope of winning that i know isnt going to happen.

but idk.
i might come.

lol

MLEsis

Smash Journeyman
i dont want to travel again unless i think i can win.
i dont practice right now so i dont see why i would travel with some false hope of winning that i know isnt going to happen.

but idk.
i might come.

lol
you know we usually hold smashfests and tues is our last day of the semester, so come practice some time.

there's a SSF4 tournament sat though, so not this saturday-but fri, yeah.

*does anybody in alabama thread play SSF4?

MLEsis

Smash Journeyman
well, i just picked it up; as far as me beastin in that game, ha.

we'll see what happens when this semester gets out, been busy with finals, papers, presentations, etc.

reflex--that's a vid of Zero/Derp destroying me, lol. JK

i get some hits in. im looking for a scrub online to practice with...someone who doesnt have to "go easy on me"

Zero_Gamer

Smash Master
Capcom is nothing but a bunch of ****ing Shoto-c0ck Ryu fanboys who know nothing about balancing.

"Hey, guys, look, we've gotten complaints from Ryus saying they were hit when people jumped over Ryu's Hadouken. LET'S SPEED IT UP oh, and people were also complaining that their characters just didn't have enough options. LET'S TAKE EVEN MORE AWAY, but don't worry, we'll add a whopping 10 new characters, but let's make sure that only 1 or 2 of them are actually good. That oughtta balance things out."

nice1

Smash Lord
i main guy now. but what do u mean biased cuz i really don't see a problem with the game. i feel it is more balanced then vanilla

Zero_Gamer

Smash Master
It is more balanced, but I still find many errors in judgment that have done nothing to help the disadvantaged.

Since I mained Cammy in Vanilla, I'm going to go ahead and say the things that I have the most issues with as Cammy:
Spin Knuckle is still worthless
Ultra II is, for the most part, trash
All the damage of Ultra I has been transferred to the cutscene part so combo'ing into it is worthless
The fact that official blogs from Capcom said Spiral Arrow would be safer on block, but was actually an outright lie (no changes)
Dive Kick is somehow even less safe on block and hit(!)

Meanwhile I see all these desired attributes on some characters (who have more options too, btw)
Dive Kicks? Rufus
Ultras? A lot
Consistent Anti-zoning tools? Top tiers

I see nothing wrong with giving some characters options and limiting others, but there are a few that have all of them and a few that have none as well (ex: Makoto) in SSFIV and that irks me.

nice1

Smash Lord
i can't really help since i don't play cammy lol but makoto is actually good in this game. a lot of people thought she was gonna suck because there wasn't any parries but she is pretty good. Shes more of a rushdown stun character so i can understand. her not having like 4+ hit combos. imo i see all the characters being good its just gonna have to take a lot of work tho

TheReflexWonder

Wonderful!
BRoomer
NNID
TheReflexWonder
3DS FC
2492-4449-2771
Yo kids. Put SFIV down and pick up a real fighter.

Naruto CONR3 :3
Naruto Gekitou Ninja Taisen 4 or go home, son~

wtf, you main Ryu, stfubbq

Don't get me wrong, it's still fun, but the fact that Capcom is so unbelievable biased towards certain characters is frustrating.
Sagat doesn't do obscene damage anymore.

Bloody High Claw doesn't suck anymore, and Mercury Heel is an overhead now. <3

I much prefer it as it is.

theONEjanitor

Smash Champion
NNID
the1janitor
put like 10 bucks in the jukebox at the bar tonight and played like half the Queen greatest hits and half Weezer greatest hits.
good night.
gotta number from some asian looking ***** named SUSAN too.
susan is a weird name for a young chick right it seems like only people who arelike 40 years old are named susan.
its ****ing MONDAY dude. whot he **** goes out and gets wasted on a monday
what am i doing in my life.
i have a job interview tomorrow afternoon
LUCKILY beer never gives me hangovers.
i played bar trivia at this one bar tonight with a couple friends, and a pparently everyone at this bar cheats, like looks up all the answers on their Iphones and ****, but me and my friends didn't cheat and we still came in fourth out of like ten. which is decent. the top 3 teams all cheated.. but we didn't win anything. the winning team was our friends and they won a fifty dollar bar tab and they shared it with us, so thats cool.

im level 79 in WOW. i'm bout to level cap, what you know about that **** *****es.
im llike completely destroyed right now. i'm just gonna hit the bed. hollar at me *****s
WHAT ARE YOU DOING

MLEsis

Smash Journeyman
after much discusion bt zero and i, weve decided to postpone the tournament-
1. venue was bogus--'we have to make money"-stfu!
seems like straight answers are a thing of the past.

2. one month isnt enough time to hype

**** venue fee *****es. i got finals to deal with, tournaments are second to that.

tournament will be sometime after july--our next tournament WILL be held in a venue; any suggestions on places near birmingham?

I SEE YOU

Smash Ace
I'm convinced that AU or Montgomery is the best placed to have a tournament in AL. This allows ppl from different regions in AL to travel and a little bit = bigger turn outs

Winnar

Smash Lord
after much discusion bt zero and i, weve decided to postpone the tournament-
1. venue was bogus--'we have to make money"-stfu!
seems like straight answers are a thing of the past.

2. one month isnt enough time to hype

**** venue fee *****es. i got finals to deal with, tournaments are second to that.

tournament will be sometime after july--our next tournament WILL be held in a venue; any suggestions on places near birmingham?
I like the sound of that :O

Look for free places, like a church or a school or something? I heard one guy hosted a tournament in the YMCA and it ended up being really successful because it was free and they let dudes sleep there and junk.

Or maybe a restaurant if they have a spare room

MLEsis

Smash Journeyman
what?!?! are you serious? the Y is free?

hmmm...

and i wouldnt have to house many, if any, people...it gets overcrowded sometimes.

thanks Winnar for suggesting that, im gonna look into it.
:)

Top Bottom