• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Alabama Thread! (10/26/2016 update)

Zero_Gamer

Smash Master

Duchock

Smash Journeyman
Guess who's back in Birmingham for the Summer!

Guess who's gonna make a promise to see everyone more but end up not following through on it!

Will_

Smash Journeyman
Attention Huntsville!

Play 'N Trade Brawl Tournament

May 15 @ 3pm

324 Sutton Road, Owens Cross Roads - (256) 812-2010

1st: 70% of entry fees in store credit
2nd: 20%
3rd: 10%

This one's mostly for the locals. Keep in mind that the payout is not cash, but credit to buy whatever you want at the local videogame store.

There is also a pokemon OU 3v3 Singles tournament on May 29th. Same payout as the above.

Duchock

Smash Journeyman
Thought I'd get the word out here. If anyone loves Mother a.k.a. Earthbound a.k.a. what I dreamed about last night, you should tune in to The Speedgamers sometime between 24 hours ago and 24 hours from now. They're doing a speed run through of all the Mother games. They're on Mother 3 atm. They had to skip Earthbound due to technical difficulties, but they shall be returning to it at the end.

http://www.thespeedgamers.com

munkus beaver

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
0619-4510-9772
Attention Huntsville!

Play 'N Trade Brawl Tournament

May 15 @ 3pm

324 Sutton Road, Owens Cross Roads - (256) 812-2010

1st: 70% of entry fees in store credit
2nd: 20%
3rd: 10%

This one's mostly for the locals. Keep in mind that the payout is not cash, but credit to buy whatever you want at the local videogame store.

There is also a pokemon OU 3v3 Singles tournament on May 29th. Same payout as the above.
I wonder if they'll do the assured $100 prize for 1st like they usually do.

Funny, that will be just in time for me to be back in town.

You're going down, old man.

MLEsis

Smash Journeyman
so who in here doesnt believe in god?
whoooaaa, sparkin some major debates...
well,

haha, i believe in an entity like figure--idk neccessarilly God, but i call Him that.

for everything to have started from nothing, i disagree, the force that pushed the beginning is, what i percieve as "God"
i dont take the Bible literally, however i dont bash it. i believe it is basically a book of morals that has been encouraged to be followed.

i do believe that my perception of God as an entity does not mean He is unable to "work" through people. i feel like He will never physically interact with us, but "works" through people. idk the exact verse, but God is a fair and just Father(?)--ie, if He helps you out, He'd better help me too, or He has defeated the purpose of the faith called Christianity.

i believe in evolution--but that there was a force driving it just as in the "Big Bang"

Most Christians call me an aethist, or, what ive commonly heard, "the worst type of Christian ever" bash me, prove to me youre better than i am by taking a big steaming pile of **** all over my personal beliefs...wow, you are the "better Christian." i didnt know i was competing against so many "Crhistians" in the "im da bess christian bc i sit on the front row" tournament.

shaSLAM

Smash Lord
i believe in God more than i believe in science.

ok... i believe in god.

MLE

thats cool. most christians are bad people.
and immature.
and do not seek knowledge for themselves and want to blindly live their whole life being told what to do and following a group of people rather than thinking for themselves.

they are always looking to something for guidance. and thats no way to live life. at least an alright one. chances are they will never say or think anything that is worth my time in their entire lives. and that is just sad.
im not talking about christians anymore. lol. just dumb people.

i think i can define 80 percent of people as "dumb"
i honestly think it works.
everytime after i anylyze someone or something im just like "yeah shes just dumb" and everyone is like "yeah, true."

my mom is a jehovah's witness.

theONEjanitor

Smash Champion
NNID
the1janitor
not only do I not believe in God, I find the concept of a God quite laughable and pity people who have been fooled into believing something so absurd.

MLEsis

Smash Journeyman
lol. slam is just too good these days.
not only do I not believe in God, I find the concept of a God quite laughable and pity people who have been fooled into believing something so absurd.
Oh great. A religion debate.
I love it!!!!!

sink my teeth into this ***** please.

slam--when i read your posts that have content to them, i am more and more surprised everytime. I can see why you are majoring in writing(right?).

more on the issue lata, GTG rt now, but I would really love to see more opinions on this when i get back!

Up next in the Atlantic South:
Alabama debates, tonight at 11:
"Do YOU believe in God?"

edit:
oh, ok, we're already done?

men, only takes 'em a few minutes then theyre ready to sleep.

MLEsis

Smash Journeyman
yeah, the fact that it seems to be true all to often got a smirk out of me.

Will--when you gonna come over, waiting for the next tournament i assume, thought you were gonna teach me some things in ssb(thought i'd make it clear that i meant ssb).

Will_

Smash Journeyman
I don't teach well. I am planning to visit bham/tuscaloosa just to play though. Waiting for George's going-away smashfest that he'd better have in the works.

shaSLAM

Smash Lord
ha my posts on here have horrible grammar and content.
but thanks anyways mle

and yeah, writing. i wish there was a poetry minor or something but that would just be ridiculous.
i am satisfied with a class at very least.

shaSLAM

Smash Lord
I CAnT BELEAVE U DOnt Lyke JesuS JANITOOOOR!!

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

and really? wow. i didnt think ALL of you didnt believe LOL.

i wasnt trying to start a debate. just curious. for no reason. curiosity.

MLEsis

Smash Journeyman
lol, it's not that i dont believe, slam.

it's more that i have my own crazy belief...not exactly categorized? idk. my professor asked the class of 52 students, "who believes in evolution?"

remember, we live in alabama.

me and zero raised our hands(not saying that zero believes what i believe, i just found out he believed in evolution!!! ive lived with him for almost 19 yrs. lmao)

we got blasted by the class and kept our cool, zero's quiet, but i spoke out and acknowledged their beliefs, and if one couldnt acknowledge mine, maybe it's better that way.

peach--btw, what would you just say no to?

_Keno_

Smash Lord
ugh, I don't believe in any deities.

And I don't believe in evolution either. A belief is just trusting that something is true without conclusive evidence. There is plenty of evidence that points do evolution as being a fact. The people in your class just fail to look at the evidence. Even intelligent Christians are trying to reconcile religion and evolution. Its pretty sad, really.

And we should hang out Duchock. =D

Will_

Smash Journeyman
You and Zero take the same classes?

And I played some SSF4 today. Cody is my new main.

edit: and yeah people in your class were pretty lame. It's one thing to have a belief but it's completely diff when you try to force that belief on others.

MLEsis

Smash Journeyman
one some real sh*t peach, next time you come over bust out in some random talk with me!!! i'll make the koolaid(e?)lol, idk how to spell koolaide.

will--yeah, he kinda lives with me, you know he's my bro :)
yeah, man, ive been literally playing SSF4 ALL day. zero went to a tournament in TN and left the 360 for me to practice on...of course my main has GOT to be, lol,

JURI

and

RYU
:p

Will_

Smash Journeyman
Oh, cool. Tell me how his tourney turns out.

And yeah I know he's your bro lol, just I can't imagine what a college class would be like with a sibling. High school was weird enough.

MLEsis

Smash Journeyman
naw, it's great, for me, i think him, too.
imo, it's made us closer, lol. ie, i had no idea he really believed some of the same things i believed; might not have found out if our teacher hadnt asked.

lol, i <3 my bro :chuckle:

im wondering how zero did in the tourn too, he's been practicing and i think he has a chance. they should be getting home soon.

are you a SF gamer or just picked up Super?

Will_

Smash Journeyman
As far as SF goes, I've played SFII turbo casually since I was about 7, and rented SF4 last year. I've played plenty of other 2D and 3D fighters though.

TheReflexWonder

Wonderful!
BRoomer
NNID
TheReflexWonder
3DS FC
2492-4449-2771
As far as SF goes, I've played SFII turbo casually since I was about 7, and rented SF4 last year. I've played plenty of other 2D and 3D fighters though.
Same.

Aaaaaand, same. <3

shaSLAM

Smash Lord
oh ****
its mother****ing ZIO or some ****

one of those dudes with an anime/cheesepuff name

GETRAPED AGAIN NERD!

Top Bottom