• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Alabama Thread! (10/26/2016 update)

ZIO

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
I would be insulted if your avatar didn't look like a bootleg Mysetrio.

shaSLAM

Smash Lord
YO DUDEI WAS CHANGIN IT RIGHT WHEN YOU WAS BUSY BEING A NERD AND POSTING DUM **** ON DA FORUMZZ

lol

bootleg mysterio.

Zigsta

Disney Film Director
NNID
Zigsta
3DS FC
1547-5526-6811
I'm thinking the first silhouette is the Grass-type. Its tail looks like it's got a leaf on the end of it. Plus that pig-like one looks too much like Turtwig.

shaSLAM

Smash Lord
im just joking.

why would i actually insult you?

zigsta, i havent seen you here in forever, dude.

shaSLAM

Smash Lord
zio,
that website/webpage/free web thing.

is that really yours?

im impressed. and im not just saying that because i insulted you.
because i didnt insult you, but i insinuated something completely obscure and not very personal at all.

dub
dub
duuuuub

duubl POST!

MLEsis

Smash Journeyman
lol, what is texas and nc doin here.

new faces to me are always a plus. <3

well, welcome to the bama thread, hottest thread around...

zio--you know i love you! i couldnt help but post that pic!! dissin on my state like that. you know betta!
oh snap slam!!!!!!!
just realized that's you!!

lmao, mexicana--represent XP

Winnar

Smash Lord
I have no idea what these could be!

- Grass pig?
I'm thinking the first silhouette is the Grass-type. Its tail looks like it's got a leaf on the end of it. Plus that pig-like one looks too much like Turtwig.
It's grass, fire, water.

The original picture has the first on the left, the second in the middle, and the last on the right. In every generation the element order has always been grass, fire, then water.

unless they switched up the order of presentation to mess with dudes like me

PS duchock he mods the PT boards

Zero_Gamer

Smash Master
I went into loser's semifinals before getting knocked out of the tournament in SSFIV. It had 36 people and I lost to the characters I have the absolute least experience against - Dhalsim and Bison. They were the ones that went to finals too. The payout was ******** though. Winner-take-all in a tournament this huge, wtf. I went all Abel, it pissed me off how ****ing abusable DPs are when used intelligently (read: a lot) and the fact that I had no idea how to treat Bison. Also, Dhalsim is going to be high or top tier now, I'm sure of it. The universal damage nerf has only made trades less bad for him (high-damage trades were what made him low tier in Vanilla) and all his moves have been buffed.

Also MLE, you really don't know me at all. Never reserve judgment on others. Even if I'm keeping quiet, it's not for fear of judgment, it's either for not wanting to participate or wanting to see where others will take things.

Religion: I believe in religion, but I do not exercise my beliefs outwardly and I can not stand it when others do. My cynicism towards the human race only leads me to believe their outward preaching to be a farce (I know that some are genuine with their beliefs, but too many are not) and it disgusts me when people try to force their beliefs onto others, even more so when they were not even religious to begin with.

Man, I sure sound like an angry person...

Saki-

Reset Project
NNID
iTasya
xD lol yea I know, I'll be in the housing complex right next to the street to your apt.

and I dunno I got it as a part of the newest cloud texture. It was mad fun though

shaSLAM

Smash Lord
science is useless at best.

i do not believe in man...

i guess i believe in something else, moreso than i believe anything that comes from our *******es.

shaSLAM

Smash Lord
also, gas is a legit excuse for not coming to smashfests.

it is just too far from montevallo for me to go often. it sucks. i wish it was like, 10 minutes closer.

theONEjanitor

Smash Champion
NNID
the1janitor
Depends on how you look at it.
Not really.
Science and Logic are pretty well-defined, and pretty objective. and some things are supported by them and some things are not.
Science supports the notion that you drop a ball it will fall downward. It's not "a matter of opinion" whether or not that's a fact. It doesn't depend on how you look it, it just is a fact.
Science does not support the notion that a living being (or any existing thing, for that matter) can be everywhere all the time.

Logic supports the idea that if you flip a normal coin and it is not heads, then it was tails. Again, not a matter of opinion. Pretty objective.
Logic does not support the idea that a being can be all-powerful or able to do all things. It leads to an inherent contradiction because in the list of "things that can be done" there are often things that are mutually exclusive.

Believing in God (the Judeo-Christian God, in particualr) basically requires the disbelief of many facts, and a complete dismissal of logic. Which if you're okay with that, which obviously most people who believe in God are, do you. It's just not gonna work for me, that's all.

Science hasn't explained everything about the world, but it has explained and proven tons of things that are inconsistent with most popular ideas of God and many things you find in religious texts.

People say things like "you can experience God THROUGH Science/Nature" but that's just figurative language that doesn't really mean or prove anything. I could just as well say the spaghetti monster is doing all the same stuff.

Handorin

Smash Hero
There are quite the amount of flaws in that argument, but it isn't worth it. I'm done.

theONEjanitor

Smash Champion
NNID
the1janitor
I'm a person who likes to debate as you may know, but religion is one subject that I don't really debate about more than just state what I believe and leave it at that. It's just such a laughable thing that I don't take seriously at all.

I do however take science and logic very seriously and I will react when people try to imply that magic bros who shoot fireballs from the sky have some sort of place in there.

_Keno_

Smash Lord
Depends on how you look at it.
No...science and logic are objective. People shouldn't just take the conclusions as suggestions. I'm just assuming that is what you are referring to, since you didnt say.
There are quite the amount of flaws in that argument, but it isn't worth it. I'm done.
I would say that there are a few, and we would probably be benefited if you want to constructively point out the "quite the amount flaws" for us.

With these two sentences being your only input, I'm surprised you're dropping out so soon. Then again, I'm surprised that anyone, including myself, would discuss this on smashboards.

Zero_Gamer

Smash Master
Thank God that Handorin didn't continue responding to Janitor. Now let's hope that Winnar/Munkus Beaver/ShaSLAM/MLEsis/everyone continue this inevitable spiral into flawed and illogical contradiction.

shaSLAM

Smash Lord
the theory of eveolution is more flawed than a theory of god.

sure, there is no big dude in the sky that has a million eyes and sees everything in the story of evolution...

but... cmon...
evolution is on par with the discovery of aliens.

all scientific theories and religious ones are flawed because they are man made.
essentially this is what holds true.

but also, the idea of being "saved" simply by believing in jesus is ABSOLUTELY laughable.
scientists arent as bubbly and ignorant as chirstians are.
at least they do their research...

christians, on the other hand, memorized 4 or 5 versus and either dismiss the rest of the bible as being indecipherable and only "for god to know" or translate it completely wrong.

jehovahs witnesses are the only religion that takes more than enough time apart to carefully and fully examine every single verse in the bible.
they really dont play around.
you dont go to church to wear matching shirts and eat pizza, there.
you go and sit down and study your *** off.
three times a week.
and home study is expected along with daily bible reading and examination.

i really fail to see how churches do not see god from a humanistic standpoint, after all the bible says we are created in his image.
would you be friends with someone who didnt even know your name and made no effort to understand or even acknoledge that you, too, as holy being of the universe, have requirments and services that you expect out of your SERVANTS?

if your son got stabbed with a knife, would it please you to see millions of people wearing that knife around their neck with your son's blood on it?

religion is the most backward *** ****ed caved in thing.
however,
i do believe in something higher.
in the end, i do not expect to be "saved" or spared... because... you guys know me...

also the belief of a hell is clearly preposterous.
the bible itself states that in hebrew the word "hell" is defined as mankind's grave.
also
"to dust you are and to dust you will return"
what the **** is that?
god just told you that you arent going to hell or heaven, mother****er.

the idea of man going to heaven is just as absurd also.
does anyone honestly look forward to going to heaven?
hell no.
god created the earth as a place of residence for mankind.
OUR HOME
why the **** would he put us here if we essentially serve NO REAL PURPOSE except to get back to heaven?

science...
uhh
i just dont like it.

shaSLAM

Smash Lord
the idea of a soul living on outside of our body to get to that after life, is even more conceded.

the soul and the spirit are not the same.

the soul is refered to in the bible as an actual person.
"jesus gave his soul in behalf of mankind"
the spirit is the invisible life force that animates human life.
it gives life to a body.
without spirit the body is dead.

the body needs the spirit in much of the same way that a radio needs batteries. (assuming it is not the kind that you plug into the wall) ok.. i'll just say that a radio needs eletricity.
radio= soul
batteries= spirit
if the batteries die, the radio dies.
if it is unplugged, the radio dies.
like eletricity the spirit has no force of it's own and can not think.
it is simply fuel that we need to live off of.
electricty can not make a life of it's own and start playing music.
no.
it is used for numerous purposes and is essentially, an impersonal force.

unless we were to physically come back to life and leave our grave and go to heaven or hell, that **** aint happening.

munkus beaver

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
0619-4510-9772
So guys.

How about those Smash Brothers?

I hear there is a tourney at the Play N Trade in Huntsville next week!

A tourney for Smash Brothers.

shaSLAM

Smash Lord
when you lose a stock and descend from a heavenly abode to come back and battle..

i have a problem with that..

i have a problem with pit..

hahaha not really, i honestly dont give a **** about none of this.
i just wanted you guys to hear me sound not stoned for a second.

MLEsis

Smash Journeyman
i feel some things i believe are susceptible to **** in debates. like the big bang theory--totally believe, but cannot prove.

however, evolution, imo, can be proved.
so logic dictates, that i just ***** the opposition.

Science and Logic are pretty well-defined, and pretty objective.
um, no they're not. can you please PROVE to me the Big Bang is a factual account of the creation of the universe?

Science does not support the notion that a living being (or any existing thing, for that matter) can be everywhere all the time.
yes, that is true. however, just as the opposition's arguement is flawed, so to is yours.

Logic does not support the idea that a being can be all-powerful or able to do all things.
LOL, can i fix that for you?

Logic does not support the idea that an entire universe and life as we know it can occur from one huge explosion of nothing.
logic is illogical

It leads to an inherent contradiction because in the list of "things that can be done" there are often things that are mutually exclusive.
i believe no such list exists. you are merely basing this statement on the theories of others.

example of rebuttal-
"Well, if there is a list of "things that CAN be done" then logic dictates there must be a list of "things that CAN'T be done" and most of your THEORIES on how the universe began are on that list."

Believing in God (the Judeo-Christian God, in particualr) basically requires the disbelief of many facts, and a complete dismissal of logic.
Janitor, Janitor, Janitor...
i agree with you on some things; i'm lost on this one...

Science hasn't explained everything about the world, but it has explained and proven tons of things that are inconsistent with most popular ideas of God and many things you find in religious texts.
that's why i take a little bit of both in my beliefs.

_Keno_

Smash Lord
um, no they're not. can you please PROVE to me the Big Bang is a factual account of the creation of the universe?
Yes, they really are. The processes used to verify evidence and the processes used for making logical statements are objective. As for the big bang theory, it is a theory, not a fact. Though the theory itself is built of off facts, and logic using those facts. We know that it is not entirely factual.

logic is illogical
He means to say that something doesn't come from NOTHING (i think?). The big bang theory says that matter does exist before the explosion.

Ugh, I'm done with religion for like, ever.

Top Bottom