• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Alabama Thread! (10/26/2016 update)

Saki-

Reset Project
NNID
iTasya
lol dude Slam, Saint knows the grab and that's it. His approaching and poking options lack any creativity. You should have just kept him out and did some careful air game.

*Cam*

Smash Lord
lol dude Slam, Saint knows the grab and that's it. His approaching and poking options lack any creativity. You should have just kept him out and did some careful air game.
Kola, Ragnarok lost to him too. I lost to him in friendlies. It wasn't just Slam. So, that's really easier said than done (especially when you use Pikachu -.-)

shaSLAM

Smash Lord
yeah exactly kola i completely agree with you. the kid is on super autopilot. he is like either 1.standing there. 2. upairing. 3. dashing and trieing to grab.
but even that is good enough to beat very good/cool/intellegent/pro players like myself and rag. ic's carry that kid past last place MEGA HARD LIKE HARDER THAN IVE EVER SEEN ICS CARRY ANYONE BEFORE IN MY ****ING LIFE

I SEE YOU

Smash Ace
It's a matter of playing more patient than ice climbers. Like most matchups in brawl, if you can force your opponent to approach, they'll make mistakes that you can punish. If you're opponent is approaching there are things you should NOT do when being pressured (especially against ice climbers) because they read a single option and you get grabbed. When being pressured by an ice climbers approach don't roll, side dodge, or attempt to grab (unless you have a character with a crazy grab range like D3). If they predict how you react to pressure, then they have the ultimate punishment in auto taking a stock from you, which in turn, forces you to approach, which you never want to be doing... well i use commas WAY too much. I personally like playing against Ice climbers because there are so many ways to straight up destroy them. I feel like diddy straight wrecks them, peach short hop dair does a great job at separating them, as does D3's fthrow. I'll have to show you guys what i mean if Saint and i are ever at the same tournament.

TheReflexWonder

Wonderful!
BRoomer
NNID
TheReflexWonder
3DS FC
2492-4449-2771
Apparently, Ice Climbers are actually rather good with bananas, but it's rare to see an Ice Climbers player who has practiced using them.

Zero_Gamer

Smash Master
It's a matter of playing more patient than ice climbers. Like most matchups in brawl, if you can force your opponent to approach, they'll make mistakes that you can punish. If you're opponent is approaching there are things you should NOT do when being pressured (especially against ice climbers) because they read a single option and you get grabbed. When being pressured by an ice climbers approach don't roll, side dodge, or attempt to grab (unless you have a character with a crazy grab range like D3). If they predict how you react to pressure, then they have the ultimate punishment in auto taking a stock from you, which in turn, forces you to approach, which you never want to be doing... well i use commas WAY too much. I personally like playing against Ice climbers because there are so many ways to straight up destroy them. I feel like diddy straight wrecks them, peach short hop dair does a great job at separating them, as does D3's fthrow. I'll have to show you guys what i mean if Saint and i are ever at the same tournament.
Too bad Ice Climbers are effing ******** and have a broken double projectile with infinite priority, and a huge damage shotgun stun that guarentees their broken Upair juggle. They already have all their options completely covered with those 3 moves. Grabs are just crap icing on the crap cake.

Seriously, I don't think anyone can outzone Ice Climbers. Even stalling is a difficult task.

TheSaintKai

Smash Ace
Tried to be better about autopilot this time guys.
My bad. I'll try outspacing Meta Knight next time, lemme just use forward air or something equally ranged. Because Ice Climbers have those attacks.

Look, I realize my character is bull****. But I'm good at it. And since Reflex basically yelled in my face over Smashboards that I am exceedingly good at following a pattern, I've been trying to read people harder, and work on more than just "running in and trieing to dash grab.". I sincerely hoped that I was at least reading you a little better this time. I even had Cam tell me, and I quote, that "I've learned to pivot grab" since he last saw me.
My character might carry me a little, but I did kind of beat more than just you guys. I beat Rag. To be fair, he ****ed around the first set, but I beat him legitimately beat him in the second one.
So please, give me just a little more credit than "standing there, up-airing, or trying to dash grab."
I stand there to react to what you do.
I up air to tack damage on in case you elude my grab.
I dash grab when I think I'll get you.
And I even tried a little more desynching this time.

Try to be mad at my character, not me. I can't help that I'm good with them, just like you can't help that you're good with Meta Knight.

*Cam*

Smash Lord
Yeah, even though ICs are good, give Saint some credit. He has obviously improved since we last played him. He has been using pivot grab more effectively, which made me leery to try to grab him in our matches. He also did the ice wall well; that was definitely noticeable when I played him with Olimar.

But Saint, **** your character. If I screw up my spacing 3 times I'm dead. IMO, that's pretty ridiculoso.

TheReflexWonder

Wonderful!
BRoomer
NNID
TheReflexWonder
3DS FC
2492-4449-2771
Good on you, Saint. Haters gonna hate.

Slam/Rag, just tilt lintelligently, abuse your forward roll's stupidity, and N-Air more often. You'll be fine.

skaterbaj

Smash Lord
yeah exactly kola i completely agree with you. the kid is on super autopilot. he is like either 1.standing there. 2. upairing. 3. dashing and trieing to grab.
but even that is good enough to beat very good/cool/intellegent/pro players like myself and rag. ic's carry that kid past last place MEGA HARD LIKE HARDER THAN IVE EVER SEEN ICS CARRY ANYONE BEFORE IN MY ****ING LIFE
Enough salt to take down Lord Slug. Pcola all day.

Thanks for the lighter bro your awesome.

shaSLAM

Smash Lord
Tried to be better about autopilot this time guys.
My bad. I'll try outspacing Meta Knight next time, lemme just use forward air or something equally ranged. Because Ice Climbers have those attacks.

Look, I realize my character is bull****. But I'm good at it. And since Reflex basically yelled in my face over Smashboards that I am exceedingly good at following a pattern, I've been trying to read people harder, and work on more than just "running in and trieing to dash grab.". I sincerely hoped that I was at least reading you a little better this time. I even had Cam tell me, and I quote, that "I've learned to pivot grab" since he last saw me.
My character might carry me a little, but I did kind of beat more than just you guys. I beat Rag. To be fair, he ****ed around the first set, but I beat him legitimately beat him in the second one.
So please, give me just a little more credit than "standing there, up-airing, or trying to dash grab."
I stand there to react to what you do.
I up air to tack damage on in case you elude my grab.
I dash grab when I think I'll get you.
And I even tried a little more desynching this time.

Try to be mad at my character, not me. I can't help that I'm good with them, just like you can't help that you're good with Meta Knight.
pivot grabbing is really simple though.

also reacting does not equal reading and also pivot grabbing and reacting are like SUPER 101 for people if they even want to take a stock off of anyone moderately skilled at the game.
and you are just learning 101 of brawl and winning tournaments so yes i am salty lol.

i can tell by watching you what level of knowledge and play you have and i know its not up to the level of a person i should be losing to. because ive just been there done that. like "yeah. oh yeah i remember when i use to play like that." or something like that. it sounds arrogant of me to say but its true. when you watch someone who youre more experianced than you can just tell those things really fast because pretty much 100% of the time, you were exactly like that in the past. youre not bad. its just annoying losing to someone you know youre more experianed than lol
so im salty as **** lol

at the same time its my fault for getting grabbed i guess? cmon people its a freaking move!!! it is literally the z button!!! when is the last time you played a game of smash and didnt get grabbed? melee? 64? its near damn impossible to avoid a single move at all costs especially when the whole charecters metagame revolves around it wtf seriously.
and like cam said. a misspaced move is a stock. and thats a bit ridiculous.

and i dont hate you. its just annoying. if i dont play you for like 15 minutes then i like you again loool

i guess im just johning and salty and imad and all that stuff but you cant even complain anymore since people made those phrases up and that sucks!!!!! lol i wanna complain!!

and yah skater no prob you were super chill and funny as hell. that bag smelled good too :cool:

also im not good with mk. im good with ddd but i use mk cuz ddd sucks lol

shaSLAM

Smash Lord
what do you guys think about me not using color font?

and also, saint i dont want you to have to read my whole rant and feel bad until you get to the part where it says i dont hate you.

so i dont hate you or dislike you lol

kismet2

Smash Ace
to beat ics with mk all you need to do is dair away and if they make a mistake you can punish with dair then you can wall with fair or tornado. ics is not hard to play against at all XD just be smart about your jumps and dont be a statistic and airdodge into the ground after you get it with uair or something that's how they get a majority of their grabs.

zero if you're including mk in the list of characters that get outzoned by ics then i don't think i can agree with you. mk has options on options on options.

*Cam*

Smash Lord
Yeah Janitor, I wanted you guys to be able to come and not have money issues.

I might as well go ahead and explain this now so I don't have to spend as much time explaining it at the tournament. Plus, if you guys understand, then maybe you will be able to help other people understand. We brainstormed for a long time over a way to get all the matches at our tournament saved and organized. For awhile, we thought it couldn't be done. Well, we figured it out.

We will have like 8 or 9 Brawl tournament setups that will be labeled by number. These will be for tournament matches only; several TVs will be available for Brawl friendlies. Ingulit is writing a program that will automatically tell us who needs to go to what setup after matches are reported in. So, we will be calling out what setup you need to go play at (we will make sure none of them are lame little s****y TVs). So, for example, if we say "Saint and BigLou are playing on setup 3," then obviously they will report to that setup and play their matches. When the program tells us that they are going to setup 3, it will save that information in a file, as well as the time that we sent them.

All the setups for Brawl tournament matches (most of them being Wiis from the Madison crew) are going to have a hack that forces you to save the replay. However, it will give you an option between the SD card and the Wii. If it was a tournament match, pick the SD card. If it was a friendly, pick the Wii. I will put signs up to remind everyone of this. However, you literally will not be able to exit without saving it somewhere.

So here's what we have given that. We have all the tournament matches saved on SD cards, and who played what match at what time on which Wii. Even if they don't use tags, we will know who they are because of the program saving the information. We will make sure the Wii clocks are correct so there are no mixups.

So, the main things I need you guys to remember:

1) Save tournament matches on the SD card and friendlies on the Wii

2) We will call out when it is your turn to play a tournament set. Do NOT just go off and play it on the Wiis set aside for friendlies or on any open Wii that you see. If you start playing on one of the labeled setups without telling us, most likely you will be kicked off before you get far into the match in favor of the people who were supposed to be playing their set there.

3) Unlike other tournaments, we will get almost every tournament match (including pools) from the event uploaded as quickly as we are able.

shaSLAM

Smash Lord
why do people pick up mk for the mk ditto? that MU....
i would rather play any charecter vs a mk than mk.

so i think im going wolf against mks.

Saki-

Reset Project
NNID
iTasya
Haha, I've used MK with my brother because I feel it's a whole lot easier than just going Marth vs the *******. I didn't want to do it at the Montgomery tournament, but I'll most likely be caving in and using MK for the ditto MU.

TheSaintKai

Smash Ace
what do you guys think about me not using color font?

and also, saint i dont want you to have to read my whole rant and feel bad until you get to the part where it says i dont hate you.

so i dont hate you or dislike you lol
Aight bro, thanks for letting me know. I can honestly see being mad about Ice Climbers; I'd HATE to play them. I'd rather do the ditto than face my own character. And the ditto is ********.
Ice Climbers are bull**** lol.
Anyways, see y'all at Huntsville hopefully.

Mahgnittoc

Smash Ace
Being salty is natural. don't be mad because people say your character is BS. Unless you're using PT and get raged at for spamming with Ivysaur. **** ain't cool AiB.

Anyways, I find a Peach>ICs. I can play an IC but I can't play a Peach :\

TheSaintKai

Smash Ace
Being salty is natural. don't be mad because people say your character is BS. Unless you're using PT and get raged at for spamming with Ivysaur. **** ain't cool AiB.

Anyways, I find a Peach>ICs. I can play an IC but I can't play a Peach :\
Lol people on AiB get mad over IVYSAUR? If you are beating someone with Ivysaur, you deserve the win. She just doesn't have the tools to be really good. So if they're pissed you're using bullet seed and nair a lot, they just suck.

Mahgnittoc

Smash Ace
Lol people on AiB get mad over IVYSAUR? If you are beating someone with Ivysaur, you deserve the win. She just doesn't have the tools to be really good. So if they're pissed you're using bullet seed and nair a lot, they just suck.
Yup I beat a Falco who was like 7-1 with PT. He camped on the edge of the stage and just shot lasers.

NinjaFoxX

Banned via Warnings
playing high tiers is just unconfortable for me, i liked ICs but it felt like a handicap not bothering with the grabs, so i went 100% Yoshi since he does ok against high tiers....and i like yoshi...

theONEjanitor

Smash Champion
NNID
the1janitor
i honestly don't mind the Pit vs MK matchup that much. i hate pit vs. marth much more.

i'm going to goin dual pit and snake at this tournament, WITH OUR POWERS COMBINED

basically with pit I'm going to shoot arrows and sh nair and jab. ITS UNSTOPPABLE i just have to resist the urge to airdodge to the ground and spotdodge

i dont really remember how to play snake but i'll figure it out

also, is it me or does Pit have the coolest LOOKING spotdodge. how he gets on his tip toes

Top Bottom