• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Alabama Thread! (10/26/2016 update)

SleepyK

Banned via Administration
is it? is it working for you? do darkrain, isaiah, silent spectre, hax, scar, etc. wd a lot?

SleepyK

not necessarily. wd has its uses. don't think about the techniques so linearly.

Winnar

Smash Lord
awesome sig cam

L cancelling is easily the most important AT in melee imo. The number of options it opens up, the immediate increase in the pace of play, the ability to combo...melee is what it is because of L cancelling.

wavedashing can be more useful for some characters than others (most useful: luigi, marth, ICs, samus, etc.; least useful: link, falcon, etc.), but like sleepyk said every character can benefit from the use of a wavedash at some point. It's less about keeping an eye out for when to use the wd and more about understanding what options you have available. Wavedashing out of shield is great for anyone.

Also wavelanding is universally useful.

but yeah there are a few characters you might can get away with not L cancelling or wavedashing with (jiggs, peach...idk maybe sheik?)

melee is fun :D

o-Serin-o

I think 56 nights crazy
I mean, yeah, I can waveland and ish and use it for recovery and etc, etc, but when I'm trying to approach or getting around, which am I gonna use more?

SleepyK

sheik uses wd.
serin if you want to keep it simple, falcon dashdances more than he wavedashes.
his wavedash is still useful though.

DanGR

BRoomer
BRoomer
Ok, I'll work on that SleepyK. Sorry, this is Cam on Dan's computer. I didn't realize until after I posted.

MLEsis

Smash Journeyman
man i dont know where to get weed in montgomery...

and LOL yeah ive been looking for that bookbag.
i just hotwired my car.
i do it every time to turn it on now.

was my bowl in that bag????
Slam, i 'm not sure if i will ever understand you...the fact that you know how to hotwire a car only adds to that confusion.

zero kept talking about "no, dont go through it...stop."

how was i supposed to figure out who's it was?

i didnt see a piece (is that good Mike?), but i didnt look very long bc someone was acting like we were killing someone or something.

when you get back in town you can come over and get it.

Zero_Gamer

Smash Master
You figured it out as soon as you picked up the first item. There was no need to dig deeper into someone else's belongings afterwards.

I respect privacy, something you don't.

Also, Wavedashing > L-canceling.

Purple

Hi guys!
anyone got ggpo in the alabama thread? I want a playing partner to play random games :D

anyone not know what ggpo is or what ggpo has to offer and is interested? you guys should tell me -.-

shaSLAM

Smash Lord
uhoh
zero
you will never calm down again after that moviee!!!!!!!

haha. but i wouldnt have been offended if you looked through it.
i cant imagine thered be anything i wouldnt want anyone to see.
i dont even think i own anything that i wouldnt want anyone to see.

but thanks for repecting privacy and shiz, J

yeah. i want to come over more over summer.

Purple

Hi guys!
GGPO stands for 'Good Game Peace Out" It's a program that allows players to play other people from around the world P2P style (Peer 2 Peer). GGPO runs off of CPS2 games like Marvel Vs Capcom 1, Xmen Vs Street Fighter, Third Strike, Metal Slug X, etc. You can hack (soft hack) GGPO to make it so that you can play any CPS2 game you have on your computer, as long as both players have the file.
Roxy~: So i've been wanting to play some shoot em ups and such with friends, because it's pretty fun if I say so myself.

*Cam*

Smash Lord
GGPO stands for 'Good Game Peace Out" It's a program that allows players to play other people from around the world P2P style (Peer 2 Peer). GGPO runs off of CPS2 games like Marvel Vs Capcom 1, Xmen Vs Street Fighter, Third Strike, Metal Slug X, etc. You can hack (soft hack) GGPO to make it so that you can play any CPS2 game you have on your computer, as long as both players have the file.
Roxy~: So i've been wanting to play some shoot em ups and such with friends, because it's pretty fun if I say so myself.
You could always get TF2 if you want to play a semi-shooter game.

Top Bottom