• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Alabama Thread! (10/26/2016 update)

Duchock

Smash Journeyman
Anyone got any ideas for a summer job in bham for me? I got 2 months to pump out as many paychecks as I can.

p.s. No food service or male prostitution.

Winnar

Smash Lord
Wait what's wrong with being a waiter? You're a really likeable trying to get through college, you can milk tips out of adults like CRAZY

actually that last sentence applies to both of those jobs you mentioned XD

also lol slam just press b

then b
then more b

eventually down on c stick

makin dat monney liek m2k

GeorgeTHPS

Smash Journeyman
NNID
GeorgeThePlushie
3DS FC
1676-3689-8314
You jerks didn't tell me Super Mario Galaxy 2 was out. I wasn't what you'd call a fan of the first one, and so far (two stars in) it definitely hasn't won me over, but I'm approaching it with an open mind and trying to break the game as badly as the first one is (infinite jump with co-star mode is dumb).

matt4300

Smash Ace
You jerks didn't tell me Super Mario Galaxy 2 was out. I wasn't what you'd call a fan of the first one, and so far (two stars in) it definitely hasn't won me over, but I'm approaching it with an open mind and trying to break the game as badly as the first one is (infinite jump with co-star mode is dumb).
I am a huge nintendo fan, but after beating galaxy 1 with 1 hand, and very few one ups... There is no ****ing way I'm spending 50 bucks on what could possibly be EVEN EASIER! God I hate this new casual mentality. Only game that can ever get away with being easy is zelda... and by extension Okami. God I can't wait for a WW masterquest... T_T GOD

GeorgeTHPS

Smash Journeyman
NNID
GeorgeThePlushie
3DS FC
1676-3689-8314
I am a huge nintendo fan, but after beating galaxy 1 with 1 hand, and very few one ups... There is no ****ing way I'm spending 50 bucks on what could possibly be EVEN EASIER! God I hate this new casual mentality. Only game that can ever get away with being easy is zelda... and by extension Okami. God I can't wait for a WW masterquest... T_T GOD
The Wind Waker Master Quest would be amazing.

Anyway, all I keep hearing about is how all the required stars are probably going to be easier, but that if you're going for more than the minimum, things start to get hard. But difficulty isn't really where my issues with Galaxy 1 were. I really feel like the level design suffers with the planets gimick. I know there are still the traditional Mario 64-style levels here and there, but for the most part, Galaxy's format just strings you along with relatively simple goals before you can move on to the next section. It's like they just throw **** together without much heed to what they're actually making.

shaSLAM

Smash Lord
serin want to smash today>?

i dont have wifi but i krlrl,anba

wait... i dont do good with parents...

Zero_Gamer

Smash Master
Don't you know? Hakan is terrible.

Then again, so is everyone except Bison, Guile, Balrog, Sagat, Ryu, Abel, and Rufus.

But yeah, I guess I'll **** you in the femur this weekend. I want a money match too. I'm curious to see how my Meta Knight will do against people not named Kola/Cheap Peach.

Winnar

Smash Lord
my brother bought mario galaxy 2

it's even easier than the first one

also I don't see how the game could ever be hard, especially if you have a second person there (now that 2p can kill enemies and grab 1ups and coins and you literally have nothing better to do)

the spin jump actually functions like another jump in this game. In the first one you just hovered basically, this one you get sent up like 3 mario lengths.

yoshi makes player 2 useless

at least half the bosses are reused verbatim, the plot is also reused, even a few levels are direct copies

mario galaxy is an infinitely recurring money machine

such garbage

*Cam*

Smash Lord
Honestly, I wouldn't say Mario Galaxy is a bad game. I love it, but my favorite out of all the 3d Marios is still Super Mario Sunshine.

Also, my favorite Zelda is Windwaker.
I agree about Sunshine. I disagree about Windwaker. Don't get me wrong, I loved Windwaker. It has especially good temples. However, of all the Zelda games, my favorite is still Twilight Princess.

NinjaFoxX

Banned via Warnings
what roxy said...but also majora's mask...
and Mario 64 or gtfo >.>

i personally like the new stuff despite its ease of difficulty, if i want a hard mario game ill get a hack or make a hack(which i did lol)

Winnar

Smash Lord
wind waker was very amazing

although every zelda game is my favorite zelda game

mario 64 was super awesome and I loved sunshine, but galaxy 1 & 2 are boring and a step in the wrong direction

new super mario bros wii is awesome though (if a bit easy)

Guys what is your opinions on sonic adventure 2 (those who played it)? I really really really loved it but I see a lot of people divided on it sometimes.

Zero_Gamer

Smash Master
I loved Sonic Adventure 2. I loved every bit of it, especially the Chao Garden.

Most people argue that Sonic went downhill after this, and I agree, but I still enjoyed Sonic Heroes and Shadow the Hedgehog. Sonic Team needs to realize that we don't care about the horribly cheesy stories they want to tell and take after Mario for more gameplay, less story. And goodness, stop resorting to stupid gimmicks like the nightime levels in Sonic Unleashed.

Zero_Gamer

Smash Master
I still enjoyed them. I could do a huge write-up on what I don't like about Shadow the Hedgehog and Sonic Heroes, but the complaints would mostly be targeted toward the storyline (and how they changed one of my favorite characters of all time into a whiny loser) and a few bad levels. I enjoyed the gameplay and music very much, though they don't come close to the Sonic Adventure or classic Sonic games.

Top Bottom