• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Alabama Thread! (10/26/2016 update)

Saki-

Reset Project
NNID
iTasya
So lets see.....
Basically there's going to be a huge tournament mid april in Florida for Brawl? With a huge payout?

Bah theres no way I can get my Marth to a national tournament level by then lawl.

shaSLAM

Smash Lord
just believe kola.
ok so honestly, how many of you are going to lawl if good ol shaSLAM makes it pro and none of you do?

:):):)
AL REP!

_Keno_

Smash Lord
So lets see.....
Basically there's going to be a huge tournament mid april in Florida for Brawl? With a huge payout?
If you are talking about an MLG one, then you will be disappointed. Florida MLG may not be having brawl.

Also, I'm more depressed by news of MLG than happy. People think melee may die now. I enjoy both games about equally, as of now, but its sad to think that the competitively superior game (imo) is being overshadowed.

j00t

Smash Champion
Brawl is more popular than Melee, so it'll be put on the Circuit before Melee would.

Just saying, I wish Melee was the game they chose though :/

shaSLAM

Smash Lord
like... do they honestly think anyone is gonna think this game is entertaining to watch?
is mlg like retaded?

i shudder thinking of all the gr's that are about to happen to all the tournament warios.
yikes.
:(

Saki-

Reset Project
NNID
iTasya
I'm pretty sure they just announced it lol
So Brawl is now MLG....weird huh?

I totally think Slam would make it pro before I would : P

And tbh I have more fun watching 2d fighters than I do with Brawl. But eh, whatever floats their boat.

Oh and I'm not grounded anymore...wooooooo

j00t

Smash Champion
oh well, everyone will start watching Brawl and they'll be like "...this ****'s boring" and then they'd watch Melee and be like "holy shiiiiiiiiiiiiiit"

and stuff

TheReflexWonder

Wonderful!
BRoomer
NNID
TheReflexWonder
3DS FC
2492-4449-2771
Maybe I'll really be pro-status after MLG Orlando. <3

That aside, I wonder what stages will be adopted, and if it will go over well.

Saki-

Reset Project
NNID
iTasya
I saw something about you using Wario again

: D Reflex is going to be serious again for once!

o-Serin-o

I think 56 nights crazy
Oh man. MLG picking up Brawl oh man. Gonna be repping AL from wifi and more than likely I'm gonna **** sure find a way to go to the MLG event in April. Reflex, you better be there too. >:3 Tis on.

Saki-

Reset Project
NNID
iTasya
o.o I do it

Just make sure you don't have infinite replay on, it I hear it dysynchs(Spell check?)

o-Serin-o

I think 56 nights crazy
Yeah you can have hacks on a wii and still play online. Just don't have modified characters. THAT desynches the connection :x

_Keno_

Smash Lord
By hacks, I mean like the Homebrew channel and non-wii pointed earned games.

Also, I feel there will be a rise in MKs now that money is on the line at MLG, same with planking, scrooging, and just about any dumb and useful tactic.
Probably not in AL though.

Bloshi

Smash Ace
Is anyone from AL going to smym 11? I want to go, but I am without travel buddies. You could either come up to Sewanee and we could drive from there or you could pick me up in Franklin at my cousin's house on the way to Nashville.

o-Serin-o

I think 56 nights crazy
Oh yeah, MKs are gonna be on the heavy rise since a hell of alot of money is on the line.

Better get them ICs in shape xD

Anyways, of course I'm gonna go all D3 at whatever I go to, that's just my natural way of doing things. But placing Top 16 at a MLG event is... beyond ****ing hard. I'm gonna really have to be on my game and make little to no mistakes. Anything more may cost me a set and my chance of getting Top 16.

And **** straight I'm going into this with a confident mindset. It's the only way I'm gonna be able to do well is if I keep my mind set on what I want. >:3

Saki-

Reset Project
NNID
iTasya
Mufufufu I might need to pick up Snake

I'll attempt trying to stay all Marth though. Because he's really fun to me.

shaSLAM

Smash Lord
yeah man.
i need to play this game more.
but instead im playing brawl plus.
i wish i had wifi. that is like the only way to get good at brawl.
i hardly ever get to go to smashfests and it would be impossible to go to a smashfest everyday.
like... i dont have that kind of gas money

so how the **** do i get good?

god ****.

i want to practice more.

o-Serin-o

I think 56 nights crazy
:x Wifi is basically the only thing that has gotten me this far. I don't know what happened to cause you to lose your wifi connection, but by all means you need to get it back and practice on AiB. Yes, I'm recommending AiB.

Sue me <_<

Imma go ***** and moan to CO18 so he can help me practice. :) I really wanna have a shot at this and this could be, by far, my only chance to let this happen. I'm not gonna let this go down without a fight.

Time to nag my mom into letting me go. Wish me luck ;__;

And guess what? I'll prolly have no kind of luck whatsoever. I know my mom is stubborn and won't let me go to a MLG tourney, so... meh <_<

j00t

Smash Champion
Is anyone from AL going to smym 11? I want to go, but I am without travel buddies. You could either come up to Sewanee and we could drive from there or you could pick me up in Franklin at my cousin's house on the way to Nashville.
Is there a thread for this? I don't know where the tournament takes place at... probably somewhere in the midwest I assume.

i wish i had wifi. that is like the only way to get good at brawl.
Incorrect, sir.

TheReflexWonder

Wonderful!
BRoomer
NNID
TheReflexWonder
3DS FC
2492-4449-2771
:x Wifi is basically the only thing that has gotten me this far. I don't know what happened to cause you to lose your wifi connection, but by all means you need to get it back and practice on AiB. Yes, I'm recommending AiB.

Sue me <_<

Imma go ***** and moan to CO18 so he can help me practice. :) I really wanna have a shot at this and this could be, by far, my only chance to let this happen. I'm not gonna let this go down without a fight.

Time to nag my mom into letting me go. Wish me luck ;__;

And guess what? I'll prolly have no kind of luck whatsoever. I know my mom is stubborn and won't let me go to a MLG tourney, so... meh <_<
See if you can get a ride to my house prior. I might be making a caravan.

theONEjanitor

Smash Champion
NNID
the1janitor
well now i want to get good at brawl just because of teh monies.

but this isn't going to last more than one season i'm sure.

when MLG notices that everyone is going to scrooge and plank and time people out and no one watches grand finals, they'll drop brawl pretty quick

LIKE A BAD HABIT

if only mlg would pick up brawl plus.
that would probably cause problems with Nintendo though.

In all honesty, they should just pick up melee. its more fun to watch, and thats what "virtual sports" are all about. the entertainment value. no one wants to watch metaknight fly under the stage over and over. and with 10,000 dollar prizes on the line people are going to be gayer than ever

eagletrent242

Smash Apprentice
In all honesty, they should just pick up melee. its more fun to watch, and thats what "virtual sports" are all about. the entertainment value. no one wants to watch metaknight fly under the stage over and over. and with 10,000 dollar prizes on the line people are going to be gayer than ever
Probably one of the most basic and clear but correct points ever made on this thread haha

o-Serin-o

I think 56 nights crazy
It's cool that SBR isn't going to ban MK :) Now the SSBB community can look like a complete mocker for having the Top 16 at Orlando:

1: M2K/Ally
2:M2K/Ally
3: MK due to scrooging
4: MK due to scrooging
5th - blah blah blah blah: MK and planking.

:)

o-Serin-o

I think 56 nights crazy
If I could drive, and there was melee at this, I would go. I wanna play some more melee with other people.

Will_

Smash Journeyman
I was randomly talking about how this would never happen earlier this morning.

Ok, um...Shenmue 3 will never come out. Ever. Neither will Megaman Legends 3, Skies of Arcadia II, Duke Nukem Forever, Final Fantasy 7 remake...can't think of anything else right now.

Mr. Referee

Smash Cadet
Ok seriously, Tekkaman Blade is starting to remind me of Metaknight a little.

You can fight him but you gotta do everything perfect and not get hit and you can't really punish his moves.

JRob

Smash Cadet
My prediction is that the opportunity to keep Brawl on the MLG circuit is going to sway the BBR into recommending some sort of ledge grab rule- you know, to make the game more fun to watch...

If that does happen, I bet the MK issue will just go away. May as well drop him, then; I'd have nothing else to prove regarding his ability to camp...

*cuts wrists*

Top Bottom