• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Alabama Thread! (10/26/2016 update)

Will_

Smash Journeyman
Munkus you ready for March 6th?

I'm packing curselax with thick fat for trick room/camerupt eruption guy.

shaSLAM

Smash Lord
guys, i sandbagged pretty hard in some of my matches at AU.
not on purpose.
i just wasnt feeling it.

idk im just saying this because i regret doing it.
i shouldve been more serious and less worried about stupid stuff.

oh well, next tourney.

Pika_Cam

Smash Ace
It's okay, Slam. We understood that you were sandbagging, and we all bumped our skill levels down during the AU tournament just for you ;)

Seriously though, a couple of things about saying you were "sandbagging":

1) If someone lost to you while you were "sandbagging," then you are rubbing salt in the wound.
2) If someone beat you while you were "sandbagging," then you are giving excuses to delegitimize their win.

"Off your game?" Sure, I'll accept that. Maybe you were just "not in the right mindset." Sounds legitimate to me. But "sandbagging" sounds waaaayyy too intentional. I'm opposed to post-match sandbagging claims because it always comes across as bragging or an excuse for losing. I mean, I might as well say "I let you win" or "You're so easy that I didn't even have to try!" Either way, it's not very nice. *wags finger*

Not trying to call you out specifically Slam, but this is one of my pet peeves of the brawl community. I'd rather just think of how well the other person played. I mean, Kola beat me 2-0 at this tournament because he had great spacing and zoning. I was playing my hardest, so I'm just going to have to work on that matchup for next tournament. You also beat me fair and square because you were able to kill me at lower percents than I could kill you (fart LOL). I didn't lose because I was sandbagging.

TLDR: ^^^^^^^^What JWT said^^^^^^^^^^

munkus beaver

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
0619-4510-9772
Munkus you ready for March 6th?

I'm packing curselax with thick fat for trick room/camerupt eruption guy.
I beat Reflex 2 out of 3 times when he was using a trick rooom/camerupt eruption team using my basic team.

I think I'm ready.

The question, dear amateur pokemon trainer Will Underscore, is if you are ready for Jim and Mike?

TheReflexWonder

Wonderful!
BRoomer
NNID
TheReflexWonder
3DS FC
2492-4449-2771
I beat Reflex 2 out of 3 times when he was using a trick rooom/camerupt eruption team using my basic team.

I think I'm ready.
You'd be surprised. Most people use sturdier Trick Room Pokémon than Banette, and have more than one Trick Roomer on a team. <3

munkus beaver

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
0619-4510-9772
You'd be surprised. Most people use sturdier Trick Room Pokémon than Banette, and have more than one Trick Roomer on a team. <3
In reference to the strategy. I didn't use at least two of my pokes that I am training up specifically for that event.

I'm hoping to sweep 99% of the competition without using more than Jim/Jangles

Saki-

Reset Project
NNID
iTasya
I get out of classes at ~7:00

Who wants to Smash today?

Preferably Melee
I was liking where this was going, until I saw Melee.

Then it turned me off.

Oh and the moment I get my hands on Soul Silver, I want pokemon matches at every tournament with those who play it. It's been a while since I've done competitive pokemon but having that I'll have people to play that I KNOW wont hack I'm for it.

Zero_Gamer

Smash Master
Guys, I'm out of classes now.

Anyone wanna come over?

And Kola, I'm up for any game, you knucklehead. nihihihihi

I'd also appreciate being taught how to put music onto an SD card for Brawl.

I'm all up for Pokemon matches too. Once I perfect my ice team that is.

Saki-

Reset Project
NNID
iTasya
Guys, I'm out of classes now.

Anyone wanna come over?

And Kola, I'm up for any game, you knucklehead. nihihihihi

I'd also appreciate being taught how to put music onto an SD card for Brawl.

I'm all up for Pokemon matches too. Once I perfect my ice team that is.
I've asked, seems I'm home bound for a bit. I'll see if I can't get out of the house having that my mom got my brother's bday present early. Because you know, winning a tournament and using the earnings for another Zaxby's dinner would be a great way to spend a weekend. xD

Why so much melee hate?? It's such a better game :(
tbh I think I'm the only melee hater in this state.
I loved it when I didn't get beat all of the time lawl. If I were good at it I wouldn't hate it as much. But getting better at it would require practice, and the only thing I'm practicing right now is Brawl. ;P

LOL

Ingulit~ post the crew battle! :)
Read the shoutouts thread, I think he doesn't have the videos D:

j00t

Smash Champion
Sorry Will, I was starting to feel worse as time passed on.

I think I'm gonna crash for now, nainai people

theONEjanitor

Smash Champion
NNID
the1janitor
i think the key to having fun in melee is playing people like moogle who always sandbags and makes you think you're actually good.

dont play JWT. or at least his fox. he embarasses you and makes you want to cry

<3 jwt

GeorgeTHPS

Smash Journeyman
NNID
GeorgeThePlushie
3DS FC
1676-3689-8314
Before it becomes Thursday, I have to say, "Happy birthday, Moogle."

So happy birthday, Moogle.

SleepyK

Banned via Administration
I loved it when I didn't get beat all of the time lawl. If I were good at it I wouldn't hate it as much. But getting better at it would require practice, and the only thing I'm practicing right now is Brawl. ;P
i can't begin to eviscerate this
but kola is cool so i'll just say
"lol"

i think the key to having fun in melee is playing people like moogle who always sandbags and makes you think you're actually good.

dont play JWT. or at least his fox. he embarasses you and makes you want to cry

<3 jwt
imo it's more useful to have someone point out exactly what you're doing wrong.
i was honestly surprised at how much potential serin and zero gamer had. they just need someone to iron them out. wish i could hang out near them two more often :/

shaSLAM

Smash Lord
im drunk.

yeah i guesss i didnt sandbag, idk i was just thinking about the term sanbaggin today.
i wasnt 100% thats all i can say.
johns. johns.
johns.
thats all :)

man im so drunk and im out of weed. wtf im so stupid. i spent it on beer instead of something i can preseve and make last longer.

BigLøu

Smash Lord
im drunk.

yeah i guesss i didnt sandbag, idk i was just thinking about the term sanbaggin today.
i wasnt 100% thats all i can say.
johns. johns.
johns.
thats all :)

man im so drunk and im out of weed. wtf im so stupid. i spent it on beer instead of something i can preseve and make last longer.
We totally need to hang more lol.

munkus beaver

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
0619-4510-9772
Hello Kola I am Munkus Q. Beaver and I have a newsletter you might want to subscribed to.

SleepyK

her singing voice isn't that great either.

so does anyone have any strong requests from the ustream vids (other than cam)? i finished my tests n stuff so i'm freer now

SleepyK

oh i meant pressing, my b.
"if you really want your match" kinda thing.

and i said except cam because yours got ustream canceled :(

Top Bottom