• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Alabama Thread! (10/26/2016 update)

munkus beaver

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
0619-4510-9772
I'd request my matches, if the quality would be better than it was on Ustream. It's really hard to tell what's going on in the videos as it stands.

SleepyK

Banned via Administration
yeah the quality is stuck as it is on ustream :/

i can prevent this from happening next time, but i thought there would be replays saved on the wii. my bad guys.

theONEjanitor

Smash Champion
NNID
the1janitor
pretty sure kola never said 'melee is a bad game'
the thing i am doing wrong in melee is not pressing the buttons accurately and fast enough
generally i seem to lose when i press the buttanz wrong and then i get combo'd to death
although some matchups i need more knowledge about

lucario is such a ****ing ********

Zero_Gamer

Smash Master
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YUhheLlcGL0&feature=related

The future of Kola vs Zero_Gamer?

OHHH YEAAAAAH
Rofl, I'm totally gonna stall you next time we play.

i can't begin to eviscerate this
but kola is cool so i'll just say
"lol"

imo it's more useful to have someone point out exactly what you're doing wrong.
i was honestly surprised at how much potential serin and zero gamer had. they just need someone to iron them out. wish i could hang out near them two more often :/
Serin plays Melee?

o-Serin-o

I think 56 nights crazy
imo it's more useful to have someone point out exactly what you're doing wrong.
i was honestly surprised at how much potential serin and zero gamer had. they just need someone to iron them out. wish i could hang out near them two more often :/
I only play Melee cuz it's a fun alternative to Brawl. Tbh though, I only started playing it after I went thru the "Brawl is ****" phase about a month and a half ago. But if I seriously have potential, I guess I could consider playing it more.

SleepyK

I only play Melee cuz it's a fun alternative to Brawl. Tbh though, I only started playing it after I went thru the "Brawl is ****" phase about a month and a half ago. But if I seriously have potential, I guess I could consider playing it more.
i was really quite surprised at how good you were at techchase options. you did the good falcon things that i honestly didn't expect you to do. i know alabama doesn't have many melee players which made it all the more impressive.

G. Vice

Smash Lord
i was really quite surprised at how good you were at techchase options. you did the good falcon things that i honestly didn't expect you to do. i know alabama doesn't have many melee players which made it all the more impressive.
I find this strange as almost ALL of the smashers from Arkansas are strictly melee.

SleepyK

well i dunno, i honestly wanted to fap so bad

but now airships... :(

Saki-

Reset Project
NNID
iTasya
Hello Kola I am Munkus Q. Beaver and I have a newsletter you might want to subscribed to.
Eh?
Didn't know anyone did AL newsletters besides me in my AIB group lol. Sure I'll subscribe if I know where to.

her singing voice isn't that great either.

so does anyone have any strong requests from the ustream vids (other than cam)? i finished my tests n stuff so i'm freer now
I made a request for my matches, they're 3 back to back I believe. Starting with my Marth vs Cam's Pikachu.

being bad at a game is not legitimate grounds for saying the game is bad

kola your scrub is showing
xD I didn't say it was bad, I just said I didn't like it.
:3 People troll Brawl worse than I attempt to troll my Melee skills. I'm sure Jason will eventually slap the sense into me and make me start playing Melee with him.

Rofl, I'm totally gonna stall you next time we play.

Serin plays Melee?
Not if I stall you first D:<

well i dunno, i honestly wanted to fap so bad

but now airships... :(
:(

Jwt might need to counter attack with a Brawl addition. <.< But NC having sponsors would increase payout I'm sure.....Bah what an awful trick they pulled on us.

SleepyK

tbh i think joot will have to reschedule. :(

o which video segment are they from? do you use your tags?

Saki-

Reset Project
NNID
iTasya
Yep I used my tags, and I'm not sure, I tried looking for it earlier but only saw one with the first half of me vs Kismet.

o-Serin-o

I think 56 nights crazy
Meh, I guess I'm just good at using what I see in old '07 videos.

SleepyK

i will scour all the vids and see if i can find it!

well beyond that. it's one thing to see something and be impressed by it and it's another thing to be able to apply it well.

shaSLAM

Smash Lord
for like a year i didnt read the wario boards or really take any wario suggestions.
thats why i sucked for like a year.

i figured all that **** out by myself yo!
except the high bike jump.
and like...
idk.
i think thats it.
not that i have many tricks though.
just wanted to brag :p

Saki-

Reset Project
NNID
iTasya
****, Airship is already being hyped to be this summers National.

If j00t has to reschedule, this WILL be the game plane.

Jason your sister is going to plan a trip to NC this summer to hang out with friends, no exceptions. She will take you, myself, Matt, and others.

:3 Because I know you want to.

GeorgeTHPS

Smash Journeyman
NNID
GeorgeThePlushie
3DS FC
1676-3689-8314
for like a year i didnt read the wario boards or really take any wario suggestions.
thats why i sucked for like a year.

i figured all that **** out by myself yo!
except the high bike jump.
and like...
idk.
i think thats it.
not that i have many tricks though.
just wanted to brag :p
Everything I do with Kirby, I figured out myself.

Saki-

Reset Project
NNID
iTasya
lol nice Munkus

xD and wow George I had no idea you learned your character all on your own like that.

I'm really fond of my recovery style. Though predictable it's really solid. <.< and I don't see other Marth's do it.

Saki-

Reset Project
NNID
iTasya
XP no no no no

x.x the boost db. Instead of doing it once right after a jump, using it before the first jump, then use it again after the jump. The recovery ends up being much better, avoiding gimping...

actually <.< this sounds dumb, everyone does that.

shaSLAM

Smash Lord
dude i figured out the double jump can be done by pressing the up and b simultaneously.

theONEjanitor

Smash Champion
NNID
the1janitor
thats why george is so good, i can't say "alirght i'm gonna learn the kirby matchup by reading the boards and watching videos". because he plays like no one

almost everything i ever did in smash is copied from someone
when i play kirby, i just copy george lol

my snake is literally a mixture of ally, ultimate razer, and biglou (you'd think I'd be good with influences like that)

although I seem to be one of the only snake players that likes to glide toss grenades. i also dash attack way more than everyone else. dash attack is beast wood

some characters I improvise with, like sheik, an DK because there aren't a whole lot of vids of them

in melee my falco is basicaly da shiz wiz with a tenth of the tech skill.

and in 64, i just youtube search "isai [insert character]"

Top Bottom