• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Alabama Thread! (10/26/2016 update)

Majist

Smash Journeyman
So I honestly thought today was Friday. At 1am Friday morning, I got really sharp and relentless pains in my side. I was rushed to the ER and found out I had a kidney stone D: I slept all day yesterday. The only part of yesterday i remember is seeing small bits of the UA vs. AU game.

I still feel weird, but I plan on making this Smashfest dammit. Word to the wise: don't ever get kidney stones. THEY HURT. A LOT.

reimeii

Smash Apprentice
So I honestly thought today was Friday. At 1am Friday morning, I got really sharp and relentless pains in my side. I was rushed to the ER and found out I had a kidney stone D: I slept all day yesterday. The only part of yesterday i remember is seeing small bits of the UA vs. AU game.

I still feel weird, but I plan on making this Smashfest dammit. Word to the wise: don't ever get kidney stones. THEY HURT. A LOT.
i know the feeling....i had them back in september. first time i cried from physical pain in years

shaSLAM

Smash Lord
kidney stones?
i live in fear of those things.
its like chicekn pocks.
you kind of expect it to happen sooner or later, and i havent gotten either yet :/

i had TH3 SW1NEEE FLUUU THO!!!!!!!!!

shaSLAM

Smash Lord
ive been sad for about 2 hours now. reading and re reading over all of this about him.
i dont really know him, but im sure from him reading over my posts here in the AL thread he thought i was a major jerk. and i am a major jerk 99% of the time to the smash community. i dont want to be anymore.
im not that tough. it's all pretty fake.

im sorry everyone.

nes was always smiling and seemed so comfortable whenever i saw him at tourneys and i envied him endlessly because of that. he had so much fun.

mslano

Smash Journeyman
It's a shame that Ryan had to leave us so soon. It's also a shame that I didn't let him know how nice it was to know him before he had gone. Much love to Ryan.

To remember the dead, I turn to the living. Before any more friends are taken, I want to say that I love hanging out with you guys, playing smash or whatever. Even though I may get annoyed from time to time with people, I still choose to be around you because of what we have in common. Much love to all of you.

Will_

Smash Journeyman
dammit...just a few ****ing pages ago he was joking around with us...calling me professional smasher and all that...

The hell did it have to happen to him? He was a good man driving home to see his mother for Thanksgiving for ****s sake. He was the first smasher to tell me I was good at melee.

Best falcon in the ****ing universe as far as I'm concerned.

j00t

Smash Champion
God ****it

I can't believe this... I just saw him at KO's place! He always gave me encouragement and advice when I needed it.

Ryan, I miss you. Rest in peace, man...

theONEjanitor

Smash Champion
NNID
the1janitor
what the ****
nes noob probably helped me in smash more than any single person
he was such a nice guy he didn't do **** to nobody
what the ****
im like tearing up right now

Winnar

Smash Lord
http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=256961

ATTENTION FL, GA, AL, MS, LA, AND ANYONE ELSE WHOM THIS MIGHT APPLY TO

I will be able to host ANYONE who wants to come to this. I live in Starkville, MS, about three and a half hours from the venue.

IF YOU ARE INTERESTED IN BEING HOUSED BY ME

• *VERY IMPORTANT* Tell me ASAP, I MUST know you're coming. The apartment complex has a gate and in order to get in you need my number so that I can let you in. Also if no one tells me they're going to my apartment then I won't be there. This is out of the way for me, and I'm only doing this to help you guys.
  • Bring a SLEEPING BAG - I have a lot of floor room but only one full bed and a couch
  • Bring a TOWEL/SHAMPOO/whatever you might need to take a shower, IF you wish to take one. Don't worry, I won't kick you out for not showering, but I know some of you will want to shower, so be prepared since I only have one towel. Also I only have one shower/bathroom, so be warned about that. It is clean, though.
  • I won't have ANY food in my apartment, but it's a college town and there are a lot of great, cheap restaurants I can recommend to you as well as some chains that stay open late.
  • I doubt this will be a problem, but at some point on the 19th I will be leaving (probably after lunch). When I decide I'm driving home, everyone who's still there has to go, too.
Oh and I have a lot of tissues handy so there's that too

KOkingpin

Smash Champion
It's a shame that Ryan had to leave us so soon. It's also a shame that I didn't let him know how nice it was to know him before he had gone. Much love to Ryan.

To remember the dead, I turn to the living. Before any more friends are taken, I want to say that I love hanging out with you guys, playing smash or whatever. Even though I may get annoyed from time to time with people, I still choose to be around you because of what we have in common. Much love to all of you.
yeah dude im all on this. I ****ing Love the smash community. I feel like ive lost my little bro ya know.

Anyway I hope everyone comes to the NES Noob innsomnia reunion.

G. Vice

Smash Lord
Alabama come to NES Memorial! We (G.Vice + Chamberlin) live like less than an hour from the venue, and we could definitely house probably 5 or more people. We'll have a couch, recliners, and an inflatable mattress as well as plenty of floor space.

j00t

Smash Champion
yeah dude im all on this. I ****ing Love the smash community. I feel like ive lost my little bro ya know.

Anyway I hope everyone comes to the NES Noob innsomnia reunion.
I was in tears yesterday, and today is almost as hard. I just realized that every time we meet before a tournament, I'll be looking for NES n00b and he won't be there.

Zero_Gamer

Smash Master
The number I gave is my home phone, Slam.

Where y'all at! I'm still waiting.

As for INNsomnia, I would like to go, but I have no ride.

I think I will donate the door fees from my tournament to MAD or something. At the very least, I will ask for a moment of silence/prayer for NES N00b.

shaSLAM

Smash Lord
you never responded so i never came

edit: and im working on him for a couple matchups i think are annoying or just in gerneral maybe if i get the feeling :)

shaSLAM

Smash Lord
im not good at all with him yet though.
but eventually.

him and dedede i guess haha.

Top Bottom