• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Alabama Thread! (10/26/2016 update)

mslano

Smash Journeyman
Attention Hoover/Birmingham Area Players:

I am planning to have a bit of a Smashfest at my house tomorrow afternoon at around 2 PM. I can set up another TV with a Gamecube, but I'll need another copy of SSBM. Also, we could record some matches on my computer, so anyone willing to bring another copy with something to play it on would make that possible.

If you don't know where I live, talk to me on AIM. I'm pretty sure most of you know by now, though.

munkus beaver

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
0619-4510-9772
Oh, by the way, I'm on the front page of Penny-Arcade right now.

I'm the guy in the yellow shirt sitting in the beanbag chairs in the PAX pictures :o

MacKendra, Sk8: Thanks! I am so **** glad I didn't have to pay for this game. It's pretty much just a nifty way to play pokemon online against people. Jim flails like a ****ed ****** whenever he attacks, and it is glorious.

And yeah, Iori is a cool dude that kicked my face into my eye.

Nicknyte

Smash Lord
Hello :D Nicknyte from the Baton Rouge, LA Area here. I will be in Florence for a few days and want to play smashers here. Can anyone help me out? Bai!

[_-T4RN1SH-_]

Smash Journeyman
Well i'm in florence and am able to help you out depending on what days you might be up here cause of work and such but let me know something and ill see what i can do.

Also if you want i can pm you my number if you'd like...

SK8orDIE

Smash Apprentice
My controller's black btw, I guess that's kinda important.
I checked mine already. Sorry, Chad. I hope it gets found. I'll ask Andy on Wednesday.

ihavespaceballs
yeah i played him a couple of times, i have no idea how to fight samus because none of yall play samus

since our bham/hoover scene is getting up there in numbers, its time for the h-ville crew to come on down
My Mario has played against a particular Samus quite a bit. If you plan on using Doc against Samus, get used to Caping her projectiles back at close range and remember that she KOs the easiest off the ceiling. When she has low damage, attack and get out of the way fast; her high priority moves really hurt and you'll get hit by them if you can't push her around enough with your attacks. Remember, you can really control the midrange game with that cape.

Oh, by the way, I'm on the front page of Penny-Arcade right now.

I'm the guy in the yellow shirt sitting in the beanbag chairs in the PAX pictures :o

MacKendra, Sk8: Thanks! I am so **** glad I didn't have to pay for this game. It's pretty much just a nifty way to play pokemon online against people. Jim flails like a ****ed ****** whenever he attacks, and it is glorious.

And yeah, Iori is a cool dude that kicked my face into my eye.
Ha! You really did go to PAX! That's awesome. And yeah, Po-mans FTW!

Sensai

Smash Master
Tomorrow night.

...which I don't think I'll be able to attend. Nor Saturday night. In fact, I don't think I'll be attending any for a while as I leave tomorrow morning and don't get back 'til Friday, when I leave for a week for vacation.

So...hope all you guys do well.

Hyrulean21

Smash Apprentice
I don't think I'll make tomorrow either, I've managed to get a pretty good virus, and shouldn't ought to be around people. I think I'm out Saturday as well, come to think of it, other plans. See you guys in a week.

MacKendra

Smash Rookie
Yeah, he showed up Sunday because we were still there. This past weekend was awesome, primarily due to Bust-A-Move and fish sticks.
yes, fish sticks are indeed delicious. why was i not informed we were having fish sticks!?!! D:< Curse my girlfriend for forcing me to leave my haven of fellow smash brothers and fish sticks!!! Curse her ...woman parts that i can't type cuz the site will edit it out but you get the idea!!!!
and WAR was iori
its almost as fun to watch and listen to iori while playing than it is to play him heh
i agree. he was hilarious. he loves to hit people in the eye:dizzy:
Tomorrow night.

...which I don't think I'll be able to attend. Nor Saturday night. In fact, I don't think I'll be attending any for a while as I leave tomorrow morning and don't get back 'til Friday, when I leave for a week for vacation.

So...hope all you guys do well.
dammit, sensai!! ...and, dammit hyrulean! actually, i'm sick too. :embarrass but i'm not contagious so i'm still coming! hahahaaa. if moogle won't lock me out of his house, that is..

Hyrulean21

Smash Apprentice
Small note, I was looking on the front page, and my main is Samus, not Link, although Link is a secondary. Other secondaries are Marth and Yoshi! Man, I wish I weren't sick. I hope I feel up to coming tomorrow, but I doubt it.

MacKendra

Smash Rookie
screw you munkus! you're a pansy! i was with you for one day and that wasn't the day i was really feeling crappy. you couldn't have gotten it from me unless you like, tried to kiss me or something. did you, munkus? did you try to kiss me in my sleep, you pervert? serves you right that you're sick cuz you like guys. plus, i've been with my lady for the past five days and she's not sick at all so phfffhfphfhhptfhtphf!!!

so anyway, i'll see ya tonight, brah. you're a good man.

j00t

Smash Champion
Who's going to be here tonight? We might call it off since everyone's complaining about being sick.

SK8orDIE

Smash Apprentice
screw you munkus! you're a pansy! i was with you for one day and that wasn't the day i was really feeling crappy. you couldn't have gotten it from me unless you like, tried to kiss me or something. did you, munkus? did you try to kiss me in my sleep, you pervert? serves you right that you're sick cuz you like guys. plus, i've been with my lady for the past five days and she's not sick at all so phfffhfphfhhptfhtphf!!!

so anyway, i'll see ya tonight, brah. you're a good man.
Actually, a person is usually the most contagious just before he shows symptoms. Just sayin'.

I will see everyone tonight for a little bit.

moogle

Smash Ace
Tonight's smashfest is called off for miscellaneous reasons. :embarrass

By the by, this Sunday and Monday is Smash Aid in Atlanta. It's looking to be a pretty large tournament.... in the 50-75 range or more. I think Thief, Coach, and I want to go. If we have a lot of people wanting to go, we could take 2 cars.

Smash Aid:
http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=107307

SK8orDIE

Smash Apprentice
Tonight's smashfest is called off for miscellaneous reasons. :embarrass

By the by, this Sunday and Monday is Smash Aid in Atlanta. It's looking to be a pretty large tournament.... in the 50-75 range or more. I think Thief, Coach, and I want to go. If we have a lot of people wanting to go, we could take 2 cars.

Smash Aid:
http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=107307

Well, okay then. I guess I won't see y'all tonight. PM me if you still wanna play. I'm local.

mslano

Smash Journeyman
The people from Huntsville should come down here for Saturday. Then we can leave from here on Sunday for the tournament.

SK8orDIE

Smash Apprentice
Andy, I'd like to change my characters; I don't really use Peach enough to call her a secondary character, so I'd like to put up DK instead. Apparently, I have some predisposition against top-tier characters.

Hyrulean21

Smash Apprentice
I'm debating whether or not Smash Aid would be worth my time or not. I'd love to come, but I dont' think it'd be worth the money just to lose in the first round. Any suggestions?

j00t

Smash Champion
I'd go if I were you. You meet cool people and they can potentially give you good advice. It's just a good experience as a Smasher. Go!

-Chad-

Slackerator
I'm debating whether or not Smash Aid would be worth my time or not. I'd love to come, but I dont' think it'd be worth the money just to lose in the first round. Any suggestions?
There's gonna be all night Sunday for friendlies, and most likely more friendlies Monday. You'll get to play more than just the tourny =x

mslano

Smash Journeyman
Any area players looking to play Smash today or tomorrow, let me know. I'm really bored and I've already watched the leaked episodes of Weeds, so now I've naught to do.

Sensai

Smash Master
Nope. You're destined to have that post always be there. Mwahaha!!

Ok...I'm back for...a few hours. I'm leaving for the beach tomorrow, though. Heh...sorry guys.

I'll be back Sunday the 5th. And then I'll be going to the Ham sometime that week...ugh. So busy.

-Chad-

Slackerator
Ugh...anyone seen my controller please..? Asking again cause I just got my new one and I already threw it across Myztek's room in frustration of how gay it is playing without mine. I can't freaking wavedash or anything..

MacKendra

Smash Rookie
The people from Huntsville should come down here for Saturday. Then we can leave from here on Sunday for the tournament.
that is a really good idea to me. i'm not going to smash aid cuz i'm having my wisdom teeth removed :urg: but i would come down anyway. alas....
Well I can't go because i'm apparently a failure at life. And I really mean that.
COUGH!!!!!emocoughcough!!!!! ....what?
Andy, I'd like to change my characters; I don't really use Peach enough to call her a secondary character, so I'd like to put up DK instead. Apparently, I have some predisposition against top-tier characters.
hey there is nothing wrong with that, brah. low tier ftw, yo.
I'd go if I were you. You meet cool people and they can potentially give you good advice. It's just a good experience as a Smasher. Go!
yes, you should go, because you won't be playing with us southern smashers for a while, won't you? i wish i could go. i say it's always worth your time to hit any tourney just for the experience.... you know, like chad already said. sigh. it's ******** they set it up for sunday/monday. people have jobs, dammit!

j00t

Smash Champion
Didn't you say no johns to me because I said I had a new controller as well, Chad?

I forgive you. :p

moogle

Smash Ace
I've determined that silver controllers suck.

Oh yeah, I neglected to mention that last Saturday there were two black controllers left at my house (but neither of them say "keke"). If any of you happen to have a black controller with "keke" scratched above the start button, I'll trade one or more of these controllers for it.

This might actually be a good idea. :x

SK8orDIE

Smash Apprentice
I'd love to go to Smash Aid, but the timing is kinda bad for me to be taking time off from work. I may, however, drive to Hoover for Saturday's Smashfest.

Hyrulean21

Smash Apprentice
Well, my dad is quite skeptical on me going to Smash Aid. Something about riding for several hours with people I barely know, then spending the night at an unknown place with a lot of people doesn't sit well with him. Who's driving, out of curiosity? And I will have a definate one way or the other tonight.

Sensai

Smash Master
Man...a keke controller could get you some serious ****. Just hold it hostage and soon you'll have both Moogle and Chad knocking at your door...

:-D

But I don't have it. Sorry you (still) haven't found it.

MacKendra

Smash Rookie
wisom teeth removal successful!!!!!:ouch: now i'm stuck at home for the timebeing. i feel awesome, though. i'm on hydrocodone (sp?) which i wish i could have avoided taking. the pain wasn't that bad. but i'm cool! i can still smash!!!!! i think... this really sucks though. i knew something was gonna happen this saturday that would be awesome and i would have to miss it. i'm all for going to mslano's place and i would be willing to drive a few people too, but alas. i'm not allowed to drive, even though i so could. bah. those nurses were sooo hot, you guys don't even know. i wish i was conscious to see them have their hands in my mouth.
wow. creepy.

Top Bottom