• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Alabama Thread! (10/26/2016 update)

j00t

Smash Champion
MacKendra, you scare me.

So since I probably can't go to Smash Aid, I can't Smash this Saturday because you're going to Hoover, THEN you're leaving from there to the tournament? Garbage-poopie-dookie. :<

Hyrulean21

Smash Apprentice
Oh, you guys are going from Hoover to the tournament? That might be a problem. I can't go anywhere Saturday (tomorrow), so my Smash-Aid appearance may be in further question.

KOkingpin

Smash Champion
Ugh...anyone seen my controller please..? Asking again cause I just got my new one and I already threw it across Myztek's room in frustration of how gay it is playing without mine. I can't freaking wavedash or anything..
coughcoughjohnscough

*insert Rick Astley quote here*

j00t

Smash Champion
Well Chad, I know how it feels to play with a new controller, this is my second time. Let KO play with your new silver one :p

Hyrulean21

Smash Apprentice
Well I don't think I'll be going, even though I really want to. So anyone interested in playing between now and Wednesday that's not Saturday, maybe to break in a few new controllers, anyone?

[_-T4RN1SH-_]

Smash Journeyman
Hello all i know i dont have many Florence smashers to talk to on here but i do like saying hey every now and then to the Huntsville guys.

Also to that one guy who posted a few pages back about you coming up when is that exactly cause next Friday i have a Halo 2 tournament to attend. Anything before or after that will be fine though.

On another note... that sucks about you losing a controller Chad cause i know about being picky on a controller, but the silver controllers arent bad in my opinion cause i use one and do fine with it.

_Keno_

Smash Lord
ahh, back from vacation, with and new controller too, im ready to play in the hoover area or anywhere within an hour drive of it

you can talk to me at Zephyrous121 (aim)

MacKendra

Smash Rookie
jwt, you know you like it.

well crap i was hoping we would be able to come up at 2 like always. it turns out i'm just fine and i can be active:grin: anyway, munkus, rob, and i can come up. we just need directions, or i guess we can follow moogle's group. i guess 7pm wouldn't be bad if you guys are planning on staying up late, which i'm sure you are. there's a possbility we could stay overnight, of course with mslano's consent.

it's also possible we're still going to play at moogle's at 2 today. so maybe we huntsville folk can play at moogle's at 2 and then caravan over to hoover. apparently coach is coming back in town today, though at what time that would be..... not even moogle knows O_o

oh, and jwt, we have room for at least one more person in munkus's car, so if you wanna come down to huntsvegas at 2, you can leave with us cuz we will more than likely be coming back tonight, seeing as none of us can go to the tournament either.

of course all of this depends on whether we're playing at moogle's today.

mslano

Smash Journeyman
Yes, there is some. People are coming to my house around 7ish. I think people from Huntsville will be coming down around then, or perhaps slightly later.

On a related point, there's not an overwhelming amount of sleeping space for people, except for the floor in various rooms, so I don't think I can have everyone from Huntsville spend the night. There's definitely space enough for those planning to go to Smash Aid tomorrow, but I'm not sure what the sleeping situation is for any beyond those.

theONEjanitor

Smash Champion
NNID
the1janitor
smash aid was dope.
i had a lot of close matches, but unfortunately, no wins lol
i had a tough pool though, drumma boi, carter, laijin, reflex

i got to play some friendlys with mike g too...dudes got a sick peach

got tired there tho and decided to go ahead an leave

ragnarock

Smash Lord
Moogle, so how did you do at Smash Aid?! And can you my character to Fox/Falco/Marth. Thanks

MacKendra

Smash Rookie
goddammit. my last post didn't go through for some reason. oh well, it's not like i ever say anything important. but anyways, i wish we huntsville folk coulda gone down to hoover. there were 3 of us at moogle's on saturday. no wait.....4. getting owned is fun. so next time we have a get-together down in hoover, can we please start when it's still daylight so it'll be worth the trip for us? hm?

mslano

Smash Journeyman
I don't think I'll be able to have another gathering in Hoover before I move next weekend. But if you guys want, I can host some Smashfests up in Chicago and you can come to those.

Despite playing terribly, I had an amazing time at Smash Aid. So fun that it took me about half an hour just to write up all the shout outs (which everyone should read, so I don't feel like it was a wasted effort).

eet

Smash Ace
so myself and Setsuma from Louisiana are going to Orange Beach. Anyone interested in playing us sometime there?

..we should be there from the Aug 3rd-10th.

munkus beaver

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
0619-4510-9772
I got a venue for you.

We'll rent a generator and play in the field.

You know the one.

anomaly

Smash Apprentice
Oh yeah, I guess you should put me down as Sheik/Zelda/Ganon/Marth. I'm in Vestavia now, but I'll be in Tuscaloosa in like two weeks.

SK8orDIE

Smash Apprentice
Hey J00t, Smash Dojo announced Ike (Fire Emblem) as being playable in Brawl. In preparation, you may want to play against Marth as much as you can bear.

j00t

Smash Champion
I'm just going to assume that Ike is going to be nothing like Marth. Hopefully Sakurai won't put me through that torture, and I am actually looking forward to playing as Ike, although I didn't like the game he appears in :p

munkus beaver

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
0619-4510-9772
Yeah, Ike is nothing like Marth.

Marth is a woman.

IKE IS ALL THAT IS MAN

MacKendra

Smash Rookie
he's mine. Ike is MINE. i will master him. no, he will master me. it will be he who is controlling me with his awesomeness. he will be my main. god i have to get a wii.

SK8orDIE

Smash Apprentice
btw, where are we playing tonight? moogle's? coach's? ....rob's?
Srsly. I'm assuming it will be at Moogle's unless I hear otherwise; in which case, my place is open.

I wonder what Ike's audience cheer will sound like.

I'm thinking that over the next five years we will tire of Ike & Tina Turner jokes.

Did anyone have a favorite cheer from Melee (excluding the selfish answer, of course)? I'm going with "Roy's Our Boy!" or maybe "Zelda! Zelda! Woot!"

theONEjanitor

Smash Champion
NNID
the1janitor
clearly the best crowd favorite is GAAAANNOONDOORRRFF
the crowd sounds like mindless drones under the sorceror's brainwashing purple power

j00t

Smash Champion
Yep yep, thanks for having us over. But get rid of that overhead lamp, I dun like it anymore. :p

Hyrulean21

Smash Apprentice
Sorry I missed, I had accidentally made plans without thinking. And I plan on doing a lot of destroying the hopes and dreams of people with Ike. Its not an idea, its fact.

Top Bottom