• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Alabama Thread! (10/26/2016 update)

Majist

Smash Journeyman
Will anyone else get tekken when it comes out? Looks like a good game. I wanna be able to face some skilled people, maybe go to a tekken side tourney at a smashfest or something
I played the demo at PAX. It looks great and it seems like it'll be a good game. I didn't get to play it much, but I liked the controls and the fluidity of the moves. This is coming from someone who hasn't played much Tekken at all.

Saki-

Reset Project
NNID
iTasya
Hey Zero I wont be able to smash/blazblue today. I got a chance to get some much needed soccer practice in.

winnar- no need to keep you waiting, I'm not sure how long mailing takes so I wont give an exact date but your card should be getting back to you now.

Ok Cheap, i'll just say that from now on.

Scourge I've never really had a big interest in 3d fighters besides dead or alive, I might try it though.

I see you- wheres my MM?

mslano

Smash Journeyman
I finally don't have work for the next two days, so there should be Melee.

mslano

Smash Journeyman
Listening to that reminded me that more songs should have extended organ breaks in the middle.

mslano

Smash Journeyman
I can play Melee tomorrow anytime before 4:00 PM or after 8:00 PM. If that matches anyone else's availability, let me know.

Saki-

Reset Project
NNID
iTasya
Soo because I'm like the most impatient person alive and cant wait for a paycheck, I rented Blazblue. I don't plan on going to bed until I can finish a decent combo with Litchi. :/ Zero Gamer prepared to get wrecked by an awesome hot 2d chick.

mslano

Smash Journeyman
We should play tomorrow then for sure. I have the entire day free, but will probably be going to dinner with some friends, so it'll have to finish before then. You and whoever else can come over here, just give me a heads up.

Winnar

Smash Lord
I am considering waking up my roommates for throwing a loud, drunken (redundant?) party last night and keeping me up despite classes in the morning (plus I have to drive 4 hours today).

I'll go ahead and assume no one will see this until it's too late, so the question I'll ask is "What should I have done?"

P.S. I have a cowbell...it's pretty loud.

Pika_Cam

Smash Ace
If you complained to them last night about the noise... then do it.
If you didn't voice your objections... then let them sleep.

Will_

Smash Journeyman
I am considering waking up my roommates for throwing a loud, drunken (redundant?) party last night and keeping me up despite classes in the morning (plus I have to drive 4 hours today).

I'll go ahead and assume no one will see this until it's too late, so the question I'll ask is "What should I have done?"

P.S. I have a cowbell...it's pretty loud.
It's best to work with roomies if the problem is already done. Good times to be stern/be a **** back is when they're about to **** up or when they're ****ing up.

The worst I've had to deal with is one or two terrible roommates at a time, there was always at least one person on my side. Hopefully it's like that in your case, I wouldn't know how to curb everyone's party crap at the same time by myself.

Winnar

Smash Lord
It's best to work with roomies if the problem is already done. Good times to be stern/be a **** back is when they're about to **** up or when they're ****ing up.

The worst I've had to deal with is one or two terrible roommates at a time, there was always at least one person on my side. Hopefully it's like that in your case, I wouldn't know how to curb everyone's party crap at the same time by myself.
So I went home for the weekend and my dad has these kickass bose speakers he can't seem to sell (weird) so I'm buying them for like half price and I'm going to crank that **** every morning they keep me up.

Every.

Morning.

The same song, too.

I'm NOT going to be the only person regretting not getting enough sleep. Not anymore.

Edit - Wait no not the same song, hm...

Maybe I'll just grab some heavy DnB off of newgrounds and just set it to loop before I go to class and lock my door bwahahaha

shaSLAM

Smash Lord
i would hate to live with you winnar.
i can sleep through whatever.
me and my roomate bioth party the same and always are wasted so it works.
i would have changed rooms if i were your roomates and i knew there was a kid in my room that did not like to be kept op or like parties.

im considerate of people like that.
i dont like feeling like an ***.
but i guess your roomates just dont care.

also duchok.
im sorry, my friend was on facebook.
i love you.

moogle

Smash Ace
So I went home for the weekend and my dad has these kickass bose speakers he can't seem to sell (weird) so I'm buying them for like half price and I'm going to crank that **** every morning they keep me up.

Every.

Morning.

The same song, too.

I'm NOT going to be the only person regretting not getting enough sleep. Not anymore.

Edit - Wait no not the same song, hm...

Maybe I'll just grab some heavy DnB off of newgrounds and just set it to loop before I go to class and lock my door bwahahaha
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Kv6Ewqx3PMs

Winnar

Smash Lord
i would hate to live with you winnar.
i can sleep through whatever.
me and my roomate bioth party the same and always are wasted so it works.
i would have changed rooms if i were your roomates and i knew there was a kid in my room that did not like to be kept op or like parties.

im considerate of people like that.
i dont like feeling like an ***.
but i guess your roomates just dont care.
:( <3

Yeah it's mainly this one guy who apparently doesn't give a **** about anyone, not just with the party thing.

Moogle I love you

XD

theONEjanitor

Smash Champion
NNID
the1janitor
im gonna just go to smash brothers tournaments drunk and see how that works maybe i will care less and win moar

it never occured to me to use wind with j.2c . that's like rachels best move imho

Zero_Gamer

Smash Master
Cheap/mslano/mahgi-bro, come over to my place, NAO!

Janitor, j.2C is definately Rachel's best move. Insane libra damage, virtually no preroration, can be jump canceled into another j.2C then canceled into j.C, combos into 2B which gives an insanely fast high-low mixup string, etc. etc.

One of my favorite combos is 5B --> 5CDC --> 214A --> *dash* --> 3C (1 or 3 hits) --> 236A (frog hits) --> Super Jump + 8D --> j.2CD --> Super --> 214A --> 3C (1 or 3 hits) --> 236A (frog hits)

shaSLAM

Smash Lord
awww i still love you winnar.
you just care too much about school and not enough about getting wasted for me to room with i guess.
hahahaha

mayne i wish i played blazeblue so i knew wtf was going on.
janitor tried to teach me. he was like

"nah it aint like GG. you just gotta do **** man. like... just press them buttons or some ****."

:(

shaSLAM

Smash Lord
bi weeklies might be a bit too much zero.
AL isnt that into smash i dont think :/

SleepyK

Banned via Administration
so i want to start playing blazblue.

i picked rachel because of her cool-sounding story + she's a vampire loli with a catbrella

turns out she's top tier lololololo

Top Bottom