• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Alabama Thread! (10/26/2016 update)

mslano

Smash Journeyman
On another note entirely, today I submitted my application to UAH. Since that should go through unconditionally, I need to find a place to live in Huntsville. So, if you or anyone you know lives in Huntsville and wants to live with me, let me know so we can work something out.

Duchock

Smash Journeyman
Hope the tourney went well! resultsplox. If anyone turned on the Alabama game, they mighta seen me in the crowd. I was painted up red in the front row and apparently ESPN showed my friends and I several times.

Happy day.

theONEjanitor

Smash Champion
NNID
the1janitor
i think melee singles was like
1. chad
2. spaceman
3. ragnarock
4. nesnoob

and barlw singles was pretty interesting it was

1. will
2. shaSLAM
3. the brown scourge
4. Kola

_Keno_

Smash Lord
I realized how much I love melee at Zero's tournament. Its just too amazing...
I'm probably quitting brawl, but ill still go to brawl tournaments and play if there is melee there.

Saki-

Reset Project
NNID
iTasya
XP Dont quit brawl dude,
and we need lots of smashfest so we can get some teach a scrub to play Melee time.

Saki-

Reset Project
NNID
iTasya
Guys I really want Blazblue but, I'm not sure what system I should get it for. I could get it in like a week at most for the ps3, but who all owns a ps3 but me and mahg? I could wait until like thanksgiving or something to get my xbox back from being repaired but by that time I'm afraid people might be getting bored of it by then. bah

Will_

Smash Journeyman
Adam's back.

T1J bang is totally not gay. He spends his day stalking big breasted asians ffs.

Although command grab techchases are admittedly gay but good oki is all he's got.

theONEjanitor

Smash Champion
NNID
the1janitor
Adam's back.

T1J bang is totally not gay. He spends his day stalking big breasted asians ffs.

Although command grab techchases are admittedly gay but good oki is all he's got.
iono you actually made bang's playstyle seem cool. i never seen anyone actually do stuff with him, just people spamming his drives and trying bang install

but he's annoying as ****. I hated encountering him ins tory mode. its like STFU

Will_

Smash Journeyman
will, i really enjoyed our match yesterday, i may have lost 5 lbs bc of it
Yeah, dunno how but your rob got better over your break. I need to come down there more often.

@T1J: Thanks, and I can understand the story mode annoyance.

Zero_Gamer

Smash Master
Kola, I'm the best Blazblue player in the state... currently... And I only have a 360 :/

I'm pretty sure the community is bigger on the PS3 than the 360, but either one is still huge regardless. In general, though, fighting games are more popular on PS3.

Russ, Yesssssss, now we can get more Melee practice. Brawl is so boring.

And Bang is an alright character, but he can't do much against rushdown characters like Rachel, Litchi, Jin, etc.

I think I might try to pick up Doc for Melee and G&W for Brawl.

mslano

Smash Journeyman
This won't make much sense to anyone but Chad, but I think rapid punch beats barracudas.

theONEjanitor

Smash Champion
NNID
the1janitor
i mean dont get me wrong, bang is a pretty ****ty character. he's pretty much ALL mindgames as far as I can tell. i'm not good at mind games so i play characters like Rachel and just try to counter hit--combo and 2a-combo lul

i gotta friend who plays a pretty sick Ragna, i gotta bring him around sometime

Saki-

Reset Project
NNID
iTasya
lol so it's a win lose situation both ways. The community would be bigger online, but I wouldn't be able to play with the best player in the state without having to take time to adjust to buttons. If I get it for the 360, even though I'd have to wait, I'll be able to play the best player in the state and alot of people from alabama.

I think I'ma just buy it for the sexbox.

Saki-

Reset Project
NNID
iTasya
Her name is Sony! :laugh:
It's a Sony!

Also now that I think about it. Having that we've been looking for a 10 on the pr and looking at slams and scourges performance would this mean it's time to update it? Bowser deserves that spot lol.

Pika_Cam

Smash Ace
It's a Sony!

Also now that I think about it. Having that we've been looking for a 10 on the pr and looking at slams and scourges performance would this mean it's time to update it? Bowser deserves that spot lol.
Yes, update it for goodness sake. The last update was July 1st.

theONEjanitor

Smash Champion
NNID
the1janitor
the problem is that alabama tournaments are few and far in between and also several of the panelists are apathetic about the whole thing now

but if someone gets together and makes a list i will update it

Pika_Cam

Smash Ace
pika cam!
youre back!
I'm just paying smashboards a visit. I got excited when I heard the Diddys were finally going to reevaluate the Pika/Diddy matchup. Maybe they will come to their senses and realize Pika has a 70:30 advantage in said matchup ^.^

Saki-

Reset Project
NNID
iTasya
Pika Cam came back to say he's playing barlw again. amirite?
And T1j, what are you going to play if barlw isn't going to work out for you? Blazblue? Street Fighter?

Zero_Gamer

Smash Master
Hey, I noticed that I only collected 30$ in door fees at my tournament so I ended having to pay a good bit out of pocket for the pizza and drinks.

I don't mean to sound douchy when I say it, but I'm gonna have to enforce door fees a little harder next time. I do however, appreciate all those who put a couple extra bucks toward us with tips. ^^

I'm thinking of hosting another tourney on November 7th. Is that a good date for y'all?

And Kola/Cheap/Mslano, we need to Smash sometime this week.

Winnar

Smash Lord
Hey, I noticed that I only collected 30$ in door fees at my tournament so I ended having to pay a good bit out of pocket for the pizza and drinks.

I don't mean to sound douchy when I say it, but I'm gonna have to enforce door fees a little harder next time. I do however, appreciate all those who put a couple extra bucks toward us with tips. ^^

I'm thinking of hosting another tourney on November 7th. Is that a good date for y'all?

And Kola/Cheap/Mslano, we need to Smash sometime this week.
I think I had told you but if I had stayed for food I was going to throw some money in to be a cool person.

Zero we need to play blazblue online sometime :(

theONEjanitor

Smash Champion
NNID
the1janitor
Pika Cam came back to say he's playing barlw again. amirite?
And T1j, what are you going to play if barlw isn't going to work out for you? Blazblue? Street Fighter?
im just playing games for fun now
i dont think i belong in a competitive scene

SleepyK

Banned via Administration
show up naked and be game and watch.
dress up your ***** to look like a frying pan

Saki-

Reset Project
NNID
iTasya
Zero xD I asked you when I got there if you were still taking door fees lol. But yea smashing this weekend would be great. and I wanna try blazblue for the 360. If I get it this weekend I might just make a smashfest at my place.

@slam How am I hating on you? xD I complemented you.

Winnar

Smash Lord
im just playing games for fun now
i dont think i belong in a competitive scene
You know it's kind of funny because zero's tourney was my last competitive event too.

Huh.

The weirdest thing about this is that zero's tourney was actually REALLY awesome and he deserves MAD PROPS for his tourney hosting skills.

Top Bottom