• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Alabama Thread! (10/26/2016 update)

theONEjanitor

Smash Champion
NNID
the1janitor
guys i think i only post on smashboards when im drunk now.

my tag in melee was t1j and the 5 character limit made it able for me to put JNITR which i'm pretty happy with

i use SHEIK tag when i play sheik though because i use a diff. control scheme with her sometimes

did you guys notice how many characters in the game have a name of 5 characters or less? you can make a tag for anyone

SONIC
SNAKE
MARIO
LUIGI
FOX
FALCO
PEACH
SHEIK
SONIC
NESS
LUCAS
DIDDY
SAMUS
YOSHI

ETC.

good night briznitiches

shaSLAM

Smash Lord
lol you can even use the SONIC tag twice.
:)

even when we arent together, we still get drunk at the same times, just seperate loactaions dude.

theONEjanitor

Smash Champion
NNID
the1janitor
i dont understand why there are toppings besides pepperoni

i mean thats like the best one

bacon is good too but pizza and pepperoni just GO TOGETHER BRO

I SEE YOU

Smash Ace
If you guys can convince Zero to make Brawl a 10 dollar entry tournament, then you guys would be able to include my brother, calvin, billy, dan, glen, and possibly me there. But since its a 5 dollar entry tournament, my brother is planning on going to the Waba monthly.

TheReflexWonder

Wonderful!
BRoomer
NNID
TheReflexWonder
3DS FC
2492-4449-2771
If you guys can convince Zero to make Brawl a 10 dollar entry tournament, then you guys would be able to include my brother, calvin, billy, dan, glen, and possibly me there. But since its a 5 dollar entry tournament, my brother is planning on going to the Waba monthly.
Yeah, way to make me sound like a Scrooge. You say it like my car can hold that many people.

You don't want to go without much money on the line, either.

Saki-

Reset Project
NNID
iTasya
I'm still pretty sure that for the most part my brother, me, POC, and Aurorazoni will be going. Unless like something happens and we end up rideless, oh wait we can walk. I don't see why we wouldn't be there lmao.
Guys I think POC might get a win in this time.

shaSLAM

Smash Lord
i wish i was going to waba...

but this is all of mabey 25 minutes away from me.

waba..
10wabas.

**** it. im sick again. i always get sick before smash tournaments.

mabey i will be hopped up on some cough syrup if i get it prescribed though.
fun times.

Zero_Gamer

Smash Master
I think the idea of raising fees just a few days before tournament would turn off a lot of people.

This is only going to be the first of a series of tournaments so I think it would be fine to leave things as they are for this one and then see what changes need to be made to ensure the next one gets more attendance/enjoyment.

Note to self: Don't schedule tournaments on same day as Waba monthlies...

j00t

Smash Champion
So I came up with a new name for my tourney that I plan to hold in the summer:

"The Greatest Alabama Tourney Since Darkrain Played Isai"

What do you guys think :p

I've been trying to sleep and it popped into my head

I'm thinking of making it a 3-day event:

Day 1: 64
Day 2: Brawl
Day 3: Melee

I'd also like to do a low-tier tourney for Brawl and Melee. Maybe crews if time permits.

What do you guys think? I'm super cereal about this. It'd probably take place in mid to late July.

_Keno_

Smash Lord
What do you guys think? I'm super cereal about this. It'd probably take place in mid to late July.
Well, it probably wont take 3 days, even if it is a HUGE event. You will need a really nice venue and a lot of hype for this. Oh, and a better name.

_Keno_

Smash Lord
Meh, you should come anyways. This seems to be having a good turnout.

j00t

Smash Champion
Well I think my tourney name is the best thing ever, so I dunno about changing that. You'll have to come up with something super amazing :x

but yeah it probably won't take 3 days. Maybe I'll just make it Brawl and Melee... I dunno. Lots of things need to be worked out.

Is the last weekend of July a good date?

j00t

Smash Champion
then find out ****it :p

Summer classes will more than likely be over by that time, so school hindrance shouldn't be a problem.

Well, it probably wont take 3 days, even if it is a HUGE event. You will need a really nice venue and a lot of hype for this. Oh, and a better name.
I already have a venue in mind. It is our Holiday Inn, and it has a pretty nice large room with three smaller rooms to the side for friendlies and stuff. We could use those additional rooms to have pools as well.

I'll probably make it two days... 3 seems to be too many especially for a tournament that will be taking place in the middle of nowhere. So Brawl and Melee? I just wanted 64 to get Isai to come back to Huntsville :p

_Keno_

Smash Lord
I'll probably make it two days... 3 seems to be too many especially for a tournament that will be taking place in the middle of nowhere. So Brawl and Melee? I just wanted 64 to get Isai to come back to Huntsville :p
Well, melee and 64 are generally pretty fast paced, and tend to have a smallish population, while brawl has a new, large crowd, and its a slower game. You could probably put melee and 64 on one day, and brawl on the next, if you had enough setups.

Mahgnittoc

Smash Ace
i took a stock off of all/holy in 2vs1 yesterday online.

Slam can you be at Aloha's house at about 8:30-9ish on saturday? I wanna get in some friendlies.

Also i'm gonna need someone to bring a TV because i don't have a working one i can bring.

Aurorazoni

Smash Journeyman
I'm still pretty sure that for the most part my brother, me, POC, and Aurorazoni will be going. Unless like something happens and we end up rideless, oh wait we can walk. I don't see why we wouldn't be there lmao.
Guys I think POC might get a win in this time.
I wouldn't walk xDDDD.
And what about me? I'm sure I might be able to pull off a win for once :]

I'm sure I could most likely provide a television and a wii set up.

theONEjanitor

Smash Champion
NNID
the1janitor
man why would you even play with v-13 she's worse than metaknight imo
rachel is the snake of bb though. she's ****ing ridicul fucing ous

i have to work in four hours and im drunk
im bad at life

shaSLAM

Smash Lord
call me when you get off of work.
its friday.
i need to be intoxicated.
everyone does.

we should all go to zero's drunk. or high. or something.
whos in?

Top Bottom