• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Alabama Thread! (10/26/2016 update)

j00t

Smash Champion
Sensai, why not ABOR+TION?

p.s. I want to get good at Melee.... INN V inspired me. :p
Ohhhh! I get it now. Nice.

That's the quote of the century. You think you aren't good? Jeez, if you aren't good then I dunno what. The world ends.

Sensai

Smash Master
I want you to get good too, Moogle. That way, you can kick my *** to the point of me getting better.

And the reason it's not ABOR and TION, is because then I'm not sure anyone would get it. If you have 'ABRT' as one, and THEN 'TION', then people will understand.

Or do I have too little faith in people?

j00t

Smash Champion
Me and moogle were just talking about extending the weekly meetings to twice a week, once during the week and once on the weekend. Of course, this will all depend on how our work schedules play out. We might as well practice all we can right now instead of waiting for Brawl to be out.

coach

Smash Apprentice
Depending on what is happening with me we can usually play at my place on saturday afternoons. That's when me and moogle usually get together to play anyhow.

E

Exemcee

Hay guys! I met a few of you at INN V (I came with Thief).

I'm going to be in Huntsville this weekend visiting family, is there any Smash going on that I can join in on? There's a tournament coming up here at UA and I sorely need play (read: get beat by) people who've played in tournaments before (read: not me or my friends).

coach

Smash Apprentice
We may be playing saturday afternoon we'll probably talk about it tomorrow. After that I'll get in contact with you somehow.

Sensai

Smash Master
It's fine to me. It doesn't really make a difference, actually. Just gives me something else to do on the weekends.

And I look forward to playing more people, friend. You're always welcome.

3GOD

Smash Ace
p.s. I want to get good at Melee.... INN V inspired me. :p
Me too - I want to destroy spacies (or play them :))

Hay guys! I met a few of you at INN V (I came with Thief).

I'm going to be in Huntsville this weekend visiting family, is there any Smash going on that I can join in on? There's a tournament coming up here at UA and I sorely need play (read: get beat by) people who've played in tournaments before (read: not me or my friends).
When is the tournament?

j00t

Smash Champion
If you mean the tournament that I said I was going to have, I do not know yet. Either it'll be during the summer break or it won't happen at all. Nothing is definite at this point. But just take into mind that I am thinking about it.

j00t

Smash Champion
Oh, neato. Depends if it's just gonna be a weenie tournament or a major tourney like INN5 was.

Sensai

Smash Master
....what just happened?

Someone recap for me? Or tell me tomorrow at the Smash thing? Just gimme a ring, Moogle. Y'know the drill by now. :-D

coach

Smash Apprentice
If the group stays the same size it isnt a problem. However, If it grows we will have to find somewhere else to play.

edit: I'm a post count ***** now *cringe @ self*

Wolfshade

Smash Rookie
hio

Hey this is Wolfshade from Florence.
I use luigi/Zelda/shiek.
been looking for some smash players to hang out with and im glad i found them :D
im fairly bad since i cannot seem to waveDANCE very well or on command even, but im usually pretty good with they keeping up of the pressure on the enemy so i don't have any trouble with the other people i play with , even though they can wavedash like crazy.
One of these days ill get a groove hopefully, if i wanna compete.

moogle

Smash Ace
Hey again Wolfshade. We usually play every Wednesday night, though we're also looking at playing Saturday afternoons. If you wanna make the 1+ hour trip to Huntsville, you're welcome to. :p

p.s. i wavedash like crazy

j00t

Smash Champion
Since when were we looking to finding a place? I'm sure the space at UAH isn't gone permanently...... only if I knew what was going on.

I'll leave early so I can check up and see what's happening with SMG. If we need to, i'll call moogs and let him know if we need to find somewhere else to play.

Sensai

Smash Master
^^^

That'd be good. That way I won't have to blame Moogle's inability to go to the correct parking place in the correct way for there being no Smash that week.

And Wolfshade: simple solution to your wavedashing problem. Play Ganon.

j00t

Smash Champion
Since Ganon has a slow jump time, it's easier to practice wavedashing. When you feel that you are able to wavedash with Ganon (Or any slow-jumping characters [Luigi comes to mind]), then move to characters who have faster jumps (Falco, Fox, etc.)

ragnarock

Smash Lord
Yo Moogle I change the date of the tourney to Juuly the 27th hope you can make it nad your crew too.

JwT2k6 : I really wanted to play you at Inn V, but I guess next time. And to me Falco jump time is slow. It's fairly easy to wavedash with him in my opinion.

Sensai

Smash Master
Falco and Ganon both have slow jump times.

But that's not what I was talking about. I was talking about the lack of necessity which is Ganon WDing.

(Ganon doesn't need to WD as much as other characters.)

[Edit:]

I'm not going to be able to make it tonight, probably. Sad to say, too, 'cause I was looking forward to playing my Ganon again. I've mainly been foolin' 'round with Jiggs, and I was looking forward to Ganon time.

Eh...Moogle, I'll get in touch with you if I'm going.

j00t

Smash Champion
ragnarock said:
Yo Moogle I change the date of the tourney to Juuly the 27th hope you can make it nad your crew too.

JwT2k6 : I really wanted to play you at Inn V, but I guess next time. And to me Falco jump time is slow. It's fairly easy to wavedash with him in my opinion.
What tourney are you talking about now? Coach has mentioned a tournament and now ragnarock has as well.....

Yeah, it would of been good to play you. I just started playing Ness recently and from what I understand Ness combos Fox like nuts. :p

ragnarock

Smash Lord
What tourney are you talking about now? Coach has mentioned a tournament and now ragnarock has as well.....

Yeah, it would of been good to play you. I just started playing Ness recently and from what I understand Ness combos Fox like nuts. :p
Its that the excuse your using for not playing me, most characters on Melee or all can combo fox, so come with something better than that, and you could have played me with somebody you already play with.

Moogle: How do I go about getting ranked in Al?

j00t

Smash Champion
ragnarock said:
Its that the excuse your using for not playing me, most characters on Melee or all can combo fox, so come with something better than that, and you could have played me with somebody you already play with.

Uhmm..... what? *looks at raggy's last post*

From what I understand, YOU'RE the one that wanted to play ME. I didn't make an excuse at all, I wasn't even trying to avoid you. Lol, I would of gladly played you if you had came to me and asked. >.<

I don't see where you got the impression that I was trying to make an excuse. And by the way, I started playing Ness AFTER the tournament. :p xD

moogle

Smash Ace
Thief's tournament (that Coach referenced) is in Tuscaloosa on April 14. The tournament's not posted on smashboards, but Coach posted a Facebook link above. Ragnarock posted a different tourney in Mobile on July 27. Here's the link..

Fox, Falco, Sheik, Marth, Peach, CF, IC, Samus, Doc, etc. are better at comboing Fox than Ness is. But that's ok... Ness is funny. :p

We're coming up with a new edition of the Mid-South power rankings, probably within a couple weeks. I'll put in a good word for you. :p

ragnarock

Smash Lord
Uhmm..... what? *looks at raggy's last post*

From what I understand, YOU'RE the one that wanted to play ME. I didn't make an excuse at all, I wasn't even trying to avoid you. Lol, I would of gladly played you if you had came to me and asked. >.<

I don't see where you got the impression that I was trying to make an excuse. And by the way, I started playing Ness AFTER the tournament. :p xD
First of all I did ask you right after I played because you watched the matches, and you said "thats ok". And you said you just start playing with Ness post before last, you didn't say anything about when you started plaing with him. I wanted to play alot of people. I wanted to play Coach and Sensai, but they wasn't there. I still want to play them.

Moogle: enjoyed the friendlys you have mad skills, can't wait to play you again playa.

j00t

Smash Champion
Sigh, Moogle, i h8 you! lol :p

Yes I said Ness was funny, and he is. I just want to play him, let's leave it at that xD

ragnarock: I don't remember anyone asking to play me at INN5, but that's ok. I guess we'll just have to wait until next time. :)

[_-T4RN1SH-_]

Smash Journeyman
Hey guys how goes it, i havent posted on here in awhile cause ive been taking a break from smash but ive gotten back into playing it again so i figured i'd leave a post.

How was INNV to who ever went, i heard that forward did something to another table like darkrain did at one of the other INN's. Anywho how did everyone do.

j00t

Smash Champion
It was fun! I thought I had saw your name on the list of who had preregistered, but I guess I was mistaken.

But yeah, I didn't make it out of first pools. Was a great experience though. xD

[_-T4RN1SH-_]

Smash Journeyman
Yea i was on the pre-reg but i had Zane take mine and Scrappy's name off cause we couldnt go.

I'm hopefully ganna start trying to go to those weekly's and maybe smash with others as much as i can but its ganna be hard cause of no car and the gas being so **** high ( scrappy usaully is my ride so yea... )

Scrappy is the only person around here whom i have to play smash with so exp with others is slight.

E

Exemcee

We may be playing saturday afternoon we'll probably talk about it tomorrow. After that I'll get in contact with you somehow.
I'm leaving tonight for Huntsville, so I'm losing my broadband internet. I guess just PM me if you decided to play Saturday and I can join in.

Sensai

Smash Master
Exemcee, do you want someone's number? How are we even going to get in touch with you?

Moogle: didn't know you were making more power rankings. Jesus, I stand a chance at getting in if I were to actually go to tourneys. /sigh

Rag: I look forward to playing you, too. Why don't you ever come up here? :-D

Top Bottom