• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Alabama Thread! (10/26/2016 update)

Wolfshade

Smash Rookie
I know this is a bit misplaced but i searched the forums and for the life of me i oculd not find where it tells you how to upload your own avatar. anyone one have and bright ideas on this?? thx a bunch!

j00t

Smash Champion
Wolfshade: Shurikens are pointy.

Sensai: I thought we cleared that up in an earlier post? :p It's just that you can't practice teh mindg4m3s against a computer opponent. >.<

Exemcee said:
JWT2k6 said:
And besides, you said that you weren't good at smash because "I have a life." You know that that is a load of crap.
At what point did I say I had a life? I've been playing Smash 2-3 hours a day since INN V so I'd be halfway decent for the tournament here; if skipping class/work to play Smash isn't a prime example of NOT having a life, then I'm not sure what definition of "life" you're taking.

JWT2k6 said:
To me, it seems like you know none of the advanced techniques and what they are used for.
I know all of the advanced techniques (at least, those listed in the trio of video tutorials and the official everything thread) and am proficient (against a lvl 1 CPU) in most of them. It's another matter to try it against human players--you saw what happened Saturday. The only tournament player at UA that I play with is Thief, and he does about the same thing to me, except sometimes with ICs.

The question was more, what specifically did I do wrong repeatedly while playing that anyone noticed? And the question was geared more towards people that I played. The bad thing about singles loser out is that the worst people there never play each other.

Also, I didn't expect to get advice from:

JWT2k6 said:
I wish I was good.

On another note, I wish I didn't suck.

On another note.... iono. All I can practice is my tech. My mindgames are horrible. >.<
Instead of complaining, I ask for advice, and I get bashed?

Thanks moogle! Exactly what I was hoping for.
I didn't mean to offend you (If I even did), but you did say as you were leaving that you "sucked" because you have no life. Don't deny it! :p

And even though I didn't get a chance to play you, that doesn't mean I didn't watch you play. You used a whole lot of dodge rolling-to-fsmash. I didn't see any l-cancelling, though I am not aware of Marth's l-cancelled animations (except the dair animation.)

And I didn't bash you at all. Maybe about 10% of the post LOOKED like a bash, but most of the time the posters in this thread just joke around and soforth. Don't take much of anything very seriously on this board unless it has the phrase "I am being serious" somewhere in it. :p

But anywho, just read moogle's post on Marth and you'll get more out of it than I could ever give you. Like I said, i'm not a Marth player. But they probably have a good guide to Marth in his section, so just take a look there.

j00t

Smash Champion
It's good to see new common posters on the Bama thread. Welcome! xD

Oh, and by the way, people are always saying that Roy has "Teh PHIR3". Well, doesn't Captain Falcon, Mario, Luigi, Bowser, Ganondorf (Purple PHIR3 > Red PHIR3), Fox, Falco, Ness, Game and Watch, Mewtwo (Same as Ganon), Sheik, and Zelda have "Teh PHIR3" also? Just pointing that out. Maybe those other character's PHIR3 isn't as good as Roy's PHIR3?

fuzzymoochicken

Smash Rookie
I believe that have that disabled, wolfy. =P

Now, onto other things.... Let me tell you a bit about myself, at wolfshade's suggestion. ^__^ My name is Fuzzy, I live in Florence, AL, aaaand... I'm a bit newb-ish, so I'm not all set on what character I like best yet. Hoorah!

edit: Mm... Man, there's like no break from my post to my sig. @_@ I'll have to do something about that, sorry.

Wolfshade

Smash Rookie
Well... roy's fire burns with the intensity of a thousand hot suns... while everyone else's fire is made from methane from little boy's gastro-intestinal excretions (correct me if im wrong on this) and these could never get nearly as hot as roy's!!

OHH OHH don't forget jiggly's PHiR3!!!

[_-T4RN1SH-_]

Smash Journeyman
I see that wolf and fuzzy are getting into the forums spirit so huzzah...
on another note about that weekly's at UNA...man if you could get something going like that it would be the "Blarging Best" man, but on what day could you get it going cause the day would matter to some.

coach

Smash Apprentice
Please note: This isn't the Brawl Discussion boards. I also vote for a new thread this one has almost half a year of material in it.

Sorry we didn't help you more clay you didn't really seem to ask so I'm guessing we all just figured that you wanted to play more games. Best thing you can do is keep playing a lot of games and focus on the skills you need to learn (which moogle brilliantly outlined). Good luck at your tournament and forward smash Chris a lot for me since he doesn't participate on here anymore.

edit: Also please don't view my assumption or short response as a trivialization of how you felt about it. I can only say so much without being wordy and redundant and I also seem to spark peoples hate at me for saying simple things. So sorry if it came off that way.

Wolfshade

Smash Rookie
i wonder how many times coach has been beat up in his life cause not many people seem to get along with him.....

ahh well!!

ill still be your friend :D
i love lengthy intelligent conversations and the like.
C++ programming get sme pumped as hell.
Same with Fuzzy up there.
although..... right now he is too pissed with one of his teachers to really even care for programming right at the moment.
Ehhhh... se la vi.
toodles.

Tarnish: (i dun wanna look at the chars and type in leet speek as it benighns my intellect... j/k.... )
If me and fuzzy get that apartment sometime soon , we could probably host weeklies and even biweeklies quite easily. If we don't get it we can use the math lab . all times would have to be after about 5 if we have to use the lab though. if i can get my job schedule worked out, i could even do somethign like a wed/sat thing liek coach and moogle ( but i dun wanna steal their thunder so i might make it a thurs/sun (( if anyone goes to church or somethign please let me know)) or a tues// fri or w.e works best)
ohh. you and scrap should take me a fuzz to hunts tourney next time you guys decide to go so we can meet the others.
Would really appreciate it.

TheReflexWonder

Wonderful!
BRoomer
NNID
TheReflexWonder
3DS FC
2492-4449-2771
Oh, and by the way, people are always saying that Roy has "Teh PHIR3". Well, doesn't Captain Falcon, Mario, Luigi, Bowser, Ganondorf (Purple PHIR3 > Red PHIR3), Fox, Falco, Ness, Game and Watch, Mewtwo (Same as Ganon), Sheik, and Zelda have "Teh PHIR3" also? Just pointing that out. Maybe those other character's PHIR3 isn't as good as Roy's PHIR3?
Yes, but Roy has more "teh PH1R3" moves, therefore, he's superior. Don't worry, I still say it when I use it with characters like Game and Watch.

E

Exemcee

Sorry we didn't help you more clay you didn't really seem to ask so I'm guessing we all just figured that you wanted to play more games.
It's fine; no need to apologize. I didn't ask much while I was there 'cause I just assumed that most tournament players do what Thief does--that is, brutally punish any mistake a n00b makes and then explain why it happened. While still kicking the crap out of you.

And I have gotten a little better after Saturday; I almost pulled off a 4x fair to dair combo on Chris. I missed the dair and got The Knee off of the stage, but it was pretty up until then.

Thanks again to everyone who helped. I started playing green Marth and somehow won every time...:confused:

j00t

Smash Champion
Green buffs your game but it becomes poison later on. It's like a drug. Sensai's already lost in it....

coach

Smash Apprentice
i wonder how many times coach has been beat up in his life cause not many people seem to get along with him.....
0 times. Generally people like me even if they say that they hate me. I don't understand it either because I suck as a human being. Quite frankly im an ******* IRL and somehow I can get away with it.

j00t

Smash Champion
Wow, Mankosuki...... that's quite a disturbing sig you got there. Who the heck is that anyways? Samus? >.<

[_-T4RN1SH-_]

Smash Journeyman
@Wolf - yea man where ever and whenever you can get everything setup that would be awesome, maybe in the next couple of weeks hopefully :chuckle: . About huntsville's weekly's we've never been to one cause of the gas going crazy and scrappy's work, but maybe we can all pitch in on some money one day and go.

coach

Smash Apprentice
I know tarnish and he's a good guy. He's welcome to come to our weeklies and he has moogles contact info.

Sensai

Smash Master
Tarnish, please come. It'd be an honor, privilege, and joy to have you there.

I move that from this post onward, Falcon's Fair is written like this: The Knee. It deserves more respect. Speaking of Falcon...I think I may have a way around his Nairs. I'll test it out tomorrow.

j00t

Smash Champion
Jeez Sensai, he ain't freaking Ken. >.<

But yeah, it'd be neat to have a G&W ditto. I expect to see you there tomorrow or sometime soon.

Sensai: Shielding could work. :p

Wolfshade

Smash Rookie
Mankosuki: wow nice metroid **** sig you got there V.V`
Tarn: i dunno why i dont just tell you to ur face but ... HELL yeah lets start some of the babies up so i can break some T.V.s with my undying rage against all smash chars whose names have an 'F' in them (and 'S' too but on a lesser bias)......
scrappy:..... thx for the kit-kat bites ... they would have been delicious...... IF I WAS EVER HANDED ONE!!! lol

Sensai

Smash Master
Dudes, d00ds, and dewds in Huntsville that are attending tomorrow: we should definitely start recording. Even if they're shotty matches on a digital camera, we should record.

And Muffin's coming with us tomorrow Moogle. So...y'know, his house, not mine.

[Edit:]

I'm offering to bring a camera, if that isn't clear...it's a new one that I got for Easter. 6.1 megapixels. I'm delegating to try this baby out!

And Coach...my Linux problem has progressed. I got rid of the whole 'You've got another panel running' spiel and now it's progressed to something like 'Your session only lasted 10 seconds yadda yadda.' Halp?

j00t

Smash Champion
Recording? Of me and my amazing mindgames? It'll blow the camera up.

On another note, it would be interesting to see what people say (Assuming that we are posting these videos on Youtube.) Not many people get to see a Ganon match on Youtube. >.<

[_-T4RN1SH-_]

Smash Journeyman
Believe me guys ( Sensai, Coach ) i would love to come to anyone of those weekly's but Scrappy is my only ride and its highly unlikely that he would wanna ride all the way to huntsville to play smash. I've talked to him about it b4 and he either just doesnt want to or some other execuse not to go, but i would love to come any time.

@Wolf - lol what are you talking about babies and such...???

@Sensai - lol aww... you make me feel important :psycho:

Its ganna take alot of Bribing to hopefully get Scrappy to sway the way of Huntsville so yea....

P.S. - i forgot to mention that my mom ordered a new video camer/ camera ( i dont know the brand name or model ) but its one of the new ones... anywho ill have it in in about 4 weeks so recording wouldnt be a problem if i were to ever come to huntsville, plus i have a capture card aswell.

coach

Smash Apprentice
if we can set up some sort of ghetto tripod type deal i can record on my camera too.

j00t

Smash Champion
We'll become the Huntsville Terror if our vids are viewed by unworthy eyes.

fuzzymoochicken

Smash Rookie
Tarn: i dunno why i dont just tell you to ur face but ... HELL yeah lets start some of the babies up so i can break some T.V.s with my undying rage against all smash chars whose names have an 'F' in them (and 'S' too but on a lesser bias)......
While your rambling about creating babies is incoherent, I must admit we all have a little hatred for JigglypuFF.

Solitaire

Smash Cadet
We'll become the Huntsville Terror if our vids are viewed by unworthy eyes.
Haha, how about the Tennessee Valley Vipers. How lame. Anyways, recording ourselves sounds very exciting. I would love to review videos of myself, and watch you guys play each other too.

Wolfshade

Smash Rookie
well if smash players got togethr and made some babies... then there would be more smash players to play with...

but no , i was talking about getting the weeklies started up.

the lab down here is falling apart and as a member of the ACM, i thought i would try to help soooo.

i think i might make these weeklies actual tournaments.

maybe a entry fee or something and a pot spilt between 1st 2nd 3rd with about 10% going to the ACM.

Sine there are like 30 computers in this room, its more than just a smash tournament.
We can play other games as well so it would be more liek a big game night every week or so.

what do you think tarn??

fuzzymoochicken

Smash Rookie
I don't like that idea, silly wolfy. We've never charged for game night, except to ask if they'd pitch in to buy pizza. I think you have a tendency to get way too dramatic, much too quickly.

Wolfshade

Smash Rookie
well a measly 10$ dollar entrance fee doesn't exactly raise good money for the ACM.. Especially now that cook seems not to care for it anymore.

Just trying to get some cash for the ACM and we can use the entrance fees to get pizza too so :p

Top Bottom