• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Alabama is OK at Smash1! - Melee - Tuscaloosa, AL - March 28th

mslano

Smash Journeyman
Anyone in the vicinity of Hoover want to play Melee tomorrow? I'm in need of practice.

theONEjanitor

Smash Champion
NNID
the1janitor
So...who is running this? Or who can at least be there that has approval to have the venue for someone else to?
well i was planning on coming anyway, so i mean I'll be at the venue. Running a tourney is tiresome though, and I really don't want to have to do it this time :-P

but if you all are really coming, and it comes down to it, i will run it

phail @ cheap and anomaly though

someone bring a laptop with tio pl0x

anomaly

Smash Apprentice
cheap is coming on time (he's less than an hour away). I'm coming later. My friend is spending the night at my place, he'll be there early. Also, no one is required to sign in for the venue.

Edit\\ also possible housing from me if you bring sleeping bags

anomaly

Smash Apprentice
if someone has a laptop with a bracket program, i could really use that program. or if they could just bring their own laptop that's cool too.

j00t

Smash Champion
cheap is coming on time (he's less than an hour away). I'm coming later. My friend is spending the night at my place, he'll be there early. Also, no one is required to sign in for the venue.

I call the couch.

Handorin

Smash Hero
I dont think Im coming, unless I can get someone to work my shift saturday. (assuming memphis leaves Saturday)

Tom

Bulletproof Doublevoter
BRoomer

cool. i'll probably stay with you then. i can bring a sleeping bag. joot or anyone else can vouch that im not a rapist. unless you're into that sort of thing, and then i might be a rapist.

Duchock

Smash Journeyman
So I just realized this is on a Saturday (go figure). Stupid me didn't realize that I have been procrastinating for the last 10 weeks on stuff I knew was due next week. I've gotta go to this event thing for a class (on a weekend = the suck). So keep me down for a maybe. I'll def. show up in the later hours when everything's winding down and people are probably leaving, but I'mma still show my face at least.

...not like I was gonna enter the tourney anyway.

Winnar

Smash Lord
So uh, I might be at this but I just realized I don't think I have a teams partner. That's probably a problem <_<

Does anyone need a doubles partner?

Oh, if I come then I'll bring my wii and melee and memory card, though I don't have a TV to take (if 3GOD comes he'll probably bring his but as far as I know he won't be able to make it)

Will_

Smash Journeyman
Oh man, everybody just started coming.

Winnar, I guess we could team. I'm low-mid tier as far as players in the south go.

anomaly

Smash Apprentice
LOL, i think i can only house like 4 or so people.. maybe i should just do out of staters only. i guess there COULD be room for more. my brother might could house in bham, that is if he is not also staying with me.

SleepyK

Banned via Administration
so anomaly's house is a no go.
anyone else housing oos?

SleepyK

we need it early saturday morning.
please let me know.
I have tio and such.
how far is b'ham from the venue?
is it past it (coming from the east) or before it?

SleepyK

well, i'm not 100% yet on the time we leave (since i'm trying to fill my car still) but i'd like to drive late friday night and get there sometime around 1-3.

anomaly

Smash Apprentice
If you are gonna go the whole way here, that's fine with me. I won't be awake, since I have to wake up early and go somewhere but my friend who is spending the night can let you guys in.

SleepyK

sweet, thanks anomaly. is there a contact number we could get for your friend?

moogle

Smash Ace
Mr. DanGR, I believe there are 4 of us leaving from Huntsville Saturday morning (me, joot, Will_, saintrage)... though I agreed to pick up mslano in Hoover, which would make 5.

Maybe there exists a solution to this.

(also I'm not 100% sure if Will_ is attending... I'll call him tonight)

mslano

Smash Journeyman
We could put Joot in the trunk.

Either that or the back seat will be really, really cozy. That wouldn't be the worst thing in the world since the ride is only 45 minutes (and there will be donuts on the way down to salve our discomfort).

JMOAN

Smash Apprentice
Where do you live DanGR? KO and I will be coming down from Nashville, so if its relatively close, we might be able to pick you up.

NES n00b

Smash Master
Oxford, Mississippi. . . . permanent n00b

Either that or the back seat will be really, really cozy. That wouldn't be the worst thing in the world since the ride is only 45 minutes (and there will be donuts on the way down to salve our discomfort).
Once Iori was lain (grammar? lol) across everyone in the back seat which already had three people and I had to do the same on the way back. It was not 45 minutes, but **** what a way to travel for 10 minutes.

SleepyK

once at VLS we had 8 people in a small car

i got to have col bol in my lap

i was so happy

also, anomaly, thank you SO much for even considering housing us strangers. I really appreciate that you'd go at such lengths as to house random dudes.

Winnar

Smash Lord
Hey if someone from not AL won this would that make the tournament name a contradiction?

Hm...

ALSO I AM STILL CONFLICTED AS TO WHETHER OR NOT I AM COMING TO THIS AAAAAAGH

j00t

Smash Champion

No, we can put you in the trunk.

_Keno_

Smash Lord
Aurorazoni, you still haven't given me your address...
Also, since it will be raining tomorrow, I will not be driving...my father will.
Or you might can find a ride with the other b'ham people or huntsvillians.

DanGR

BRoomer
BRoomer

I'd get in the trunk. :p

Where do you live DanGR? KO and I will be coming down from Nashville, so if its relatively close, we might be able to pick you up.
I live in Madison- close to Huntsville. Thanks for considering picking me up, but my parents wouldn't let me ride with people they haven't met before.

Sensai

Smash Master
@ DanGR: Introduce them to your parents! Problem solved.

And I'm officially excited for this. Bloshi and I will be there as early as possible and TERRIBLY out of practice...so, please help us warm up with a few friendy matches before you proceed to beat our *****.

@ Mslano: If you guys really are cramped for space, I live in Hoover and could pick you up. No big deal either way, just figuring I'd help out.

@ Moogle: Thanks for covering me and Bloshi with those controllers. We are so ****in' dumb.

@ everyone: HYPE HYPE HYPE

[Edit:]

@ everyone again: Do we really only have 2 setups for this thing?

Top Bottom