• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Alabama is OK at Smash1! - Melee - Tuscaloosa, AL - March 28th

Sensai

Smash Master
Talked to Bloshi about it last night. He sounds interested.

We're going to start practicing pretty soon. I'm all excited again.

munkus beaver

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
0619-4510-9772
Talked to Bloshi about it last night. He sounds interested.

We're going to start practicing pretty soon. I'm all excited again.
Sensai sheepishly puts a pillow over his lap and continues to practice.

Handorin

Smash Hero
I'll remind innsomniacs about this.

aka, more than spaceballs spamming.

j00t

Smash Champion
It would be great if all of GA came to this. Like... we deserve to have a high attendance >_>;

EDIT: ZOMG HANDORIN BEST AVATAR EVER!!!!!!!

ihavespaceblondes

Smash Master
I'll remind innsomniacs about this.

aka, more than spaceballs spamming.
I don't spam. Every one of my posts is hand-crafted by a team of 13 highly-trained elves who use only the finest ingredients available and work for several hours to create the rough draft. They then turn the rough draft over to a very well respected market research group from CalTech, who spend months checking and double checking every word with appropriate focus groups representing every minority possible. Once that has been completed, the UN takes this second draft, calls a meeting with every country in attendance, and debates the content, grammar, and word choice until an agreement is reached. Their final draft is then covered in bubble wrap and placed inside a bulletproof briefcase which is locked with a padlock that requires my finger print, retinal scan, and 42 digit passcode to open. This briefcase is then delivered directly to my hands by a battle-scared military unit known only as T.T.G.L. Then I take a dump on a piece of paper and type the letters that it most closely resembles.

mslano

Smash Journeyman
I don't spam. Every one of my posts is hand-crafted by a team of 13 highly-trained elves who use only the finest ingredients available and work for several hours to create the rough draft. They then turn the rough draft over to a very well respected market research group from CalTech, who spend months checking and double checking every word with appropriate focus groups representing every minority possible. Once that has been completed, the UN takes this second draft, calls a meeting with every country in attendance, and debates the content, grammar, and word choice until an agreement is reached. Their final draft is then covered in bubble wrap and placed inside a bulletproof briefcase which is locked with a padlock that requires my finger print, retinal scan, and 42 digit passcode to open. This briefcase is then delivered directly to my hands by a battle-scared military unit known only as T.T.G.L. Then I take a dump on a piece of paper and type the letters that it most closely resembles.
Translation: Spam.

mslano

Smash Journeyman
Is there some actual information about the venue and time yet?

anomaly

Smash Apprentice
I already posted that it was the same venue as the ones Janitor and Theif hosted. As for a time, I was thinking start registration at 12:00, playing will start PROMPTLY at 1:00.

Georgia/FL, if any of you are coming, you lose 1 Hour in time zone change, ie leave at 11:00 get there at 12:30 for a two and a half hour drive. LOL.

mslano

Smash Journeyman
I saw that in the post, but for those who didn't go to those tournaments (like me), it's a little vague.

theONEjanitor

Smash Champion
NNID
the1janitor
its Riverside Community Center on the University of Alabama campus in Tuscaloosa.
the address is 706 Riverside Lane, tuscaloosa, al, 35401
but i dont think that address shows up on googlemaps or mapquest.

Rose Towers which is across the street, is on google which is 140 Hackberry Lane

go I-20 West if your coming from/through GA/B'ham, or I-20 East if you're coming from/through Mississppi. and get off on Exit 73/Mcfarland Blvd--turn right (if you're coming from b'ham---left if you're coming from Mississippi) onto Mcfarland, and go straight for a mile or two, until you reach the Jack Warner Pkwy Exit. (you will pass the University Blvd and Campus Dr. exits)...the Jack Warner exit is a deep curve that splits into two, you want to take the curve on the right-hand side...then you will be at the upper-right hand area of the map I've provided above. Follow the purple line. Turn onto hackberry lane, it is at a stop light.. After that take the first left, you will see Rose Towers to your left (building 204 on the map). Riverside is to your right...and the building the tournament is being held at (the yellow dot with the black X/building 141) is behind the building that you initially see on the right when you turn in. The purple circles are the ideal parking places.

anomaly

Smash Apprentice
Bad news. Well, bad news for me. I can't come because of a prior obligation I already paid for that morning... so this tournament well now be managed by Cheap, my brother, along with the help of hopefully Janitor or one of my other friends coming to this. I had thought about canceling this or rescheduling, but so many people already seemed interested/committed and the venue's already reserved, so we'll still keep this thing going anyway.

I'll probably be back later in the afternoon, so I'm hoping to get friendlies in later. Also Janitor do you have the fliers from the previous melee tournies, I think I'll start putting them up now.

mslano

Smash Journeyman
Canceling would not have been cool. You made the right choice.

anomaly

Smash Apprentice
Yeah, I thought so. Hopefully I'll make it back for singles. First post updated, BRING SETUPS OR WE FAIL

_Keno_

Smash Lord
Yeah, I thought so. Hopefully I'll make it back for singles. First post updated, BRING SETUPS OR WE FAIL
Do your 2 set-ups include my copy of melee and stuff?

Also, if you know you're bring a set-up or piece of a set-up for sure, I would like you to post if you are.

anomaly

Smash Apprentice
It doesn't seem to be very many now that I've listed it.. and it's not even 100% for those people.

j00t

Smash Champion
HYPE THIS UP SON

You peeps should come to this if you know what's good for you! :<

Will_

Smash Journeyman
I'll be hopping on the moogle train for this one.

My parents will yell at me for not making any money but melee is 2 good.

Handorin

Smash Hero
You should be team........nvm. It's so much better, I might want to save it.

_Keno_

Smash Lord
hey WILL/MOOGLE/CHEAP/SOMEONE KIND OF DECENT lets team in MELEE
I'm teaming with aznseal, my neighbor. He is actually really good. :psycho:

I was also thinking of throwing a small side tourny if anyone was interested. Like a low tier or items tourny. Just for fun...

j00t

Smash Champion
In the interest of boosting the interest of OOSers, I'll make a suggestion.

You could do better to touch up the first post, just saying that "you know the tourney rules by now" doesn't cut it. I'm just making this suggestion because I want this to be the best tournament possible.

We should be hyping this up son!

*HYPE!*

You OOSers better come to this! :<

Duchock

Smash Journeyman
Oh shoot. Why did I just not notice this?

I guess a 20 minute walk won't hurt me... I'm so there~

anomaly

Smash Apprentice
I think I have access to another TV, so I'll be bringing 3 total. I'm going to start spamming flyers locally all over campus this next week. Maybe we can trick a few people into coming XD.
Anyways, my brother said he thinks this tourny has GLORIOUS potential, but only if you guys decide to come.

Top Bottom