• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Data Akuma is Watching! - The Ryu Video Thread and Critique Thread

HoodedAltair

Smash Journeyman
NNID
HoodedAltair
3DS FC
4442-0574-6679
W8 Wut
can you reword that real quick?
you said use hadoukens more....but i didn't use them too much because luma blocks them for rosa and then rosa and come up and punish me for using them, yes?

ZeroSnipist

Smash Apprentice
you said use hadoukens more....but i didn't use them too much because luma blocks them for rosa and then rosa and come up and punish me for using them, yes?
Oh I didn't mean to say use it more. Try to use it as a light punish if the Rosa you play commits to using a certain move too much, such as up-smash. But what you said about Luma eating it might be true. It will either take it and keep moving or if it gets hit it will suffer very little stun. Sorry for the misunderstanding m8.

ZeroSnipist

Smash Apprentice
Also i need a sparring buddy who also mains ryu
Look man, this isn't the place to ask such questions. I dont wanna be an a-hole or nothin though, I hope you get that.
But since you asked...
Wii u or 3ds?

BlinkIV

Avenger

ZeroSnipist

Smash Apprentice
Hey guys, names Blink. I normally play on TLOC (Tourney Locator). I'm a Ryu main and have used him the past couple of weeklies. Here's a couple videos of my play.

Vs Nair (Ryu ditto): https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OhafqVpS85M
Vs Denti (Olimar, Yoshi): https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ssALdyELWwI
Vs Coin (C. Falcon): https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KQz1TuecuOI
Vs Calm Animal (Bowser): https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LchmlxRc2RU

Look forward to chatting with you folks more =)
Yo!! I've watched your games man. I've even seen you comentate before. If you would like critique you'll have to give me some time since I'm not home. But regardless welcome to the Ryu boards and this thread in particular!

BlinkIV

Avenger
Sure man, I'm totally down for critique. There's a LOT of things I need to learn, and I'm excited to share knowledge and find flaws in my play! I'll definitely do my best to critique other Ryu players =)

ZeroSnipist

Smash Apprentice
Hey guys, names Blink. I normally play on TLOC (Tourney Locator). I'm a Ryu main and have used him the past couple of weeklies. Here's a couple videos of my play.

Vs Nair (Ryu ditto): https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OhafqVpS85M
Vs Denti (Olimar, Yoshi): https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ssALdyELWwI
Vs Coin (C. Falcon): https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KQz1TuecuOI
Vs Calm Animal (Bowser): https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LchmlxRc2RU

Look forward to chatting with you folks more =)
As I watch these videos I noticed you really like to be aggressive. It works out really fine and against heavier characters or tall/large characters. But you have to be careful of the smaller characters such as Olimar. In the Bowser and Ryu ditto you presented phenomenal air movement with the FADCing all over the place, you really got that one down. Against Denti you didn't have the same air mobility as in the other games. I'm not sure if it's just the matchup that you weren't prepared for or if the matchup might actually be a troublesome one for Ryu. After watching the Olimar game I would assume (meaning take this with a grain of salt) that spacing, patience, defensiveness, are key factors in playing an Olimar of Denti's caliber. Olimar likes to force the approach with his pikmin and for Ryu to approach is a scary task. Since I do not have much matchup knowledge all I could really say is destroy the innocence of those Pikmin and space/condition with Hados more. For the Captain Falcon matchup you need to play a bit more defensive I think just because Falcon is much faster than Ryu in almost all ways. Falcon can combo with those Up-airs and not care about FADC. I think you should use Falcons aggressive nature to your benefit and bring him to you. Stay away from him and when he comes in shield/spot dodge/ air dodge and punish with a certain combo. Maybe you can even work on gimping his recovery since it is pretty straightforward. You seemed to have the yoshi game under control until the last second and then you got hit. Yoshi is much like Olimar in the sense that he forces approaches with the egg. Had you played a more defensive throughout that game I think you would have won.
Some general Ryu tips I think you should consider: better hado placement and just a bit more usage of it, confirm Shoryukens before using, actually use FA sometimes, be defensive against certain matchups, placement of smash attacks, and lastly check out the videos in the OP of this thread. Hooded has some great videos on Ryu and you should definitely check them out for a better understanding of Ryu's combo game and the few gimmicks/mind games he has.

HoodedAltair

Smash Journeyman
NNID
HoodedAltair
3DS FC
4442-0574-6679
As I watch these videos I noticed you really like to be aggressive. It works out really fine and against heavier characters or tall/large characters. But you have to be careful of the smaller characters such as Olimar. In the Bowser and Ryu ditto you presented phenomenal air movement with the FADCing all over the place, you really got that one down. Against Denti you didn't have the same air mobility as in the other games. I'm not sure if it's just the matchup that you weren't prepared for or if the matchup might actually be a troublesome one for Ryu. After watching the Olimar game I would assume (meaning take this with a grain of salt) that spacing, patience, defensiveness, are key factors in playing an Olimar of Denti's caliber. Olimar likes to force the approach with his pikmin and for Ryu to approach is a scary task. Since I do not have much matchup knowledge all I could really say is destroy the innocence of those Pikmin and space/condition with Hados more. For the Captain Falcon matchup you need to play a bit more defensive I think just because Falcon is much faster than Ryu in almost all ways. Falcon can combo with those Up-airs and not care about FADC. I think you should use Falcons aggressive nature to your benefit and bring him to you. Stay away from him and when he comes in shield/spot dodge/ air dodge and punish with a certain combo. Maybe you can even work on gimping his recovery since it is pretty straightforward. You seemed to have the yoshi game under control until the last second and then you got hit. Yoshi is much like Olimar in the sense that he forces approaches with the egg. Had you played a more defensive throughout that game I think you would have won.
Some general Ryu tips I think you should consider: better hado placement and just a bit more usage of it, confirm Shoryukens before using, actually use FA sometimes, be defensive against certain matchups, placement of smash attacks, and lastly check out the videos in the OP of this thread. Hooded has some great videos on Ryu and you should definitely check them out for a better understanding of Ryu's combo game and the few gimmicks/mind games he has.
Thanks for the shoutout Chris. But yeah I also noticed the same thing. Great usage of FADC in bowser game but nearly non-existent in the falcon game. Also loved the double FADC to air dodge read spike you had on bowser. Solid read and you were very happy about it as well :p. I think you need to take into consideration what Chris said....I also like to be very aggressive but when it comes to Ryu, his approaches are trash. They're all commitments that if you mis-read, you'll get punished. The only "safe" move to through out for spacing is Bair....but we know that's not really safe. Besides that, you have to mix up approaches between grabs, falling aerials, tomahawks, or FADC back hadukens. Basically you want to mixup your opponent and we achieve this very well with FADC. Your Ryu looks very solid. Sad to see you switch to fox on that falcon set :p but I get it.

PapaJ

Smash Journeyman
NNID
SolidSnake1443
3DS FC
3282-3281-5746
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sgw6_beSUrM

This is a really good set with my locals best Rosa main. I lost so feedback is helpful.

Ryu vs Luma (lets face it Luma does all the work)
-Never roll towards Rosaluma. Her hitbox's are larger then normal due to Luma
+Nice Nair combo
+Gj punishing Luma. Ryu does a ton of damage getting the 50 required isnt too bad
-Although you saved it with a Bair you need to condition yourself to T.SRK when you hit weak Utilt or at least do another weak tilt to doubly confirm
-At KO ranges you should be fishing for a T.SRK other comboed or a read.
-Thats why Tatsu can be a bad recovery move. I'd stick to using FADC or a one spin tatsu.
+beautiful FADC > Jab
-Need to stop jumping over Rosa Usmash has a dumb range
-Using FA attacs to try and punish too much. unless on hit or shield it's unsafe
+Again nice luma punish
-No tatsu on that ecovery? For that case it would be better.
-no offstage game? Was it due to rosas disjoints?
+Nice jab > Srk
-need to practice TSRK as a recovery for those I Frames
-Tatsu clashed with Rosa Dair not a bad thing just an observation

Basics
-You need to stop recovering ASAP as long as you have a jump you're fine
-You relied on FADC for movement. While it's not bad I'd only do it for recovery and if you are worried about getting attacked
-You need to slow it down a bit. Whenever you have a stock/percent lead they need to go to you in this MU Rosa can only shoot star bits or send luma both are predictable and easy to evade, to an extent.
-it seems Strong Dtilt to Tatsu/hado is not guranteed, which is BS nintendo should make it so strong Dtilt at least has set KB to true combo
-While you were getting the damage no prob once you get to KO range you need to hit them with a gimp or kill move ASAP

Overall not bad

PS. Sorry I meant to get this out yesterday but things came up

HoodedAltair

Smash Journeyman
NNID
HoodedAltair
3DS FC
4442-0574-6679
Thanks mate. I disagree with the FADC part. I thin
Ryu vs Luma (lets face it Luma does all the work)
-Never roll towards Rosaluma. Her hitbox's are larger then normal due to Luma
+Nice Nair combo
+Gj punishing Luma. Ryu does a ton of damage getting the 50 required isnt too bad
-Although you saved it with a Bair you need to condition yourself to T.SRK when you hit weak Utilt or at least do another weak tilt to doubly confirm
-At KO ranges you should be fishing for a T.SRK other comboed or a read.
-Thats why Tatsu can be a bad recovery move. I'd stick to using FADC or a one spin tatsu.
+beautiful FADC > Jab
-Need to stop jumping over Rosa Usmash has a dumb range
-Using FA attacs to try and punish too much. unless on hit or shield it's unsafe
+Again nice luma punish
-No tatsu on that ecovery? For that case it would be better.
-no offstage game? Was it due to rosas disjoints?
+Nice jab > Srk
-need to practice TSRK as a recovery for those I Frames
-Tatsu clashed with Rosa Dair not a bad thing just an observation

Basics
-You need to stop recovering ASAP as long as you have a jump you're fine
-You relied on FADC for movement. While it's not bad I'd only do it for recovery and if you are worried about getting attacked
-You need to slow it down a bit. Whenever you have a stock/percent lead they need to go to you in this MU Rosa can only shoot star bits or send luma both are predictable and easy to evade, to an extent.
-it seems Strong Dtilt to Tatsu/hado is not guranteed, which is BS nintendo should make it so strong Dtilt at least has set KB to true combo
-While you were getting the damage no prob once you get to KO range you need to hit them with a gimp or kill move ASAP

Overall not bad

PS. Sorry I meant to get this out yesterday but things came up
k it's vital to use for movement but he read me well sometimes when I used it from being hit into the air. That's where I need to be careful and either not use it or use it better. I made some bad FA reads and aware of that. I need to get the kills though. I could have one game 2 after jab near the end but instead went for jab combo. My offstage game with Ryu isn't super comfortable yet but working on it. Thanks for advice!

PapaJ

Smash Journeyman
NNID
SolidSnake1443
3DS FC
3282-3281-5746
Thanks mate. I disagree with the FADC part. I thin

k it's vital to use for movement but he read me well sometimes when I used it from being hit into the air. That's where I need to be careful and either not use it or use it better. I made some bad FA reads and aware of that. I need to get the kills though. I could have one game 2 after jab near the end but instead went for jab combo. My offstage game with Ryu isn't super comfortable yet but working on it. Thanks for advice!
While I agree it's vital for movement I think an argument can be made for "less is more". Such an example being if I know you're quick to use FA in the air,while jumping In at me I know you have to commit to either 26 Frames minimum before doing an Dash Cancel, which also makes you more vulnerable if they read it. Whereas if you did it less I know need to think ahead such as "He has used FADC for movement but sometime he land's next to me without doing it and sometimes he sticks out an aerial" This forces your opponent to guess which one you're gonna do and react.

I guess what Im saying is using it for movement is fine, since Ryu's air traction is essentially non-existent, but when your going to jump in an attack mix up your options a bit more to try and create an opening. Also this MU is possibly made harder for us just because while Luma is around all Rosalumas attacks are multihit.

Ultimately it could jut be a metagame thing where using it on some people will be more effective and on some less effective. It's still too early to tell. We need Ryus in more tournies :drflip:

Edit: For Ryu's offstage game you don't need to worry about dying as long as you have a spare jump, as long as you don't get spiked. His tatsu + Jump + SRK is enough to make it from most anywhere off the screen.

Last edited:

ZeroSnipist

Smash Apprentice
And hooded for the first vid I was really surprised because it did not seem that I hit the Mario with the back part of the tatsu and it usually does not kill at that percent for me.

PapaJ

Smash Journeyman
NNID
SolidSnake1443
3DS FC
3282-3281-5746
And hooded for the first vid I was really surprised because it did not seem that I hit the Mario with the back part of the tatsu and it usually does not kill at that percent for me.
Hey Zero, you might wanna be careful about double posting, I got a warning on one. if there hasn't been a post since your last post editing it and adding what you wanted to say won't get you int trouble.

Sgt-Sol

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Sol-Bird 64
3DS FC
2681-1465-2550
Look man, this isn't the place to ask such questions. I dont wanna be an a-hole or nothin though, I hope you get that.
But since you asked...
Wii u or 3ds?
3ds im still new to forms mind linking me other ryu forums

Dyz

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Dyz-89
3DS FC
1950-9945-5854
Hello everyone i recently uploaded my Ryu matches, it only has two fights and my commentary, im wanting to imrpove the quality of my videos so im not sure if i should even do commentary, but let me know your thoughts and opinions :3

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GRedsf_ewEQ

Renegade TX2000

Smash Ace
Just gonna put this here... Up throw vs Rosalina is the best throw against her period...

Kick rosalina up and then watch as the 2nd version of ryu's up trhow kick luma the hell off and it does massive damage to luma. I think this throw game makes Rosalina terrified to get grabbed by ryu for the simple fact of how ryu's up throw works.

Sgt-Sol

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Sol-Bird 64
3DS FC
2681-1465-2550
Hello everyone i recently uploaded my Ryu matches, it only has two fights and my commentary, im wanting to imrpove the quality of my videos so im not sure if i should even do commentary, but let me know your thoughts and opinions :3

Just gonna put this here... Up throw vs Rosalina is the best throw against her period...

Kick rosalina up and then watch as the 2nd version of ryu's up trhow kick luma the hell off and it does massive damage to luma. I think this throw game makes Rosalina terrified to get grabbed by ryu for the simple fact of how ryu's up throw works.
Thanks dude now i can just up throw rosa and kill luma

Emblem Lord

The Legendary Lord
NNID
ShinEmblemLord
3DS FC
3926-6895-0574
Switch FC
SW-0793-4091-6136
Last edited:

ZeroSnipist

Smash Apprentice

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GRedsf_ewEQ
I can't really tell if you want critique or an answer to the question above. I cant really answer your question since I don't really run a spectacular channel, so I'll just give critique.
Ok some habits you need to stop are dash attacking, being aggresive, incorrect placement of smash attacks, and jumping in too quickly after getting hit off stage.
Though dash attack does kill at high percents, it should not be your go to move for punishes or approaches. Dash attacks should be reserved for when your opponent is punishable but to far for any other move, and even then use it sparingly.
Others and myself once use to play aggressive like you do, but it was to no use. Ryu does have the superior frame data, but his approach options are lacking and his moves on shield are punishable by grabs and etc. You have to put the hados to use. Your usage of hados don't seem to bad and are generally well placed. Mix up the way you use hados, like varying between fast and slow ones to get your opponent off guard. Bait the opponent in with the hados and occasionally when you see an opening in the defenses of your opponent, that is when you can approach. Do not always approach with nair either, throw out a fair and bair sometimes and if you really see the opportunity use dair, it can lead into an uair or other follow ups. You also gotta watch those smash attacks. I'm not sure how you can do this, but I will say that just be wary of using them. Try using it less per game you play. One useful way I get smash one the opponent are by using FADC. It seems you either don't know about it or don't use it att all. FADC stands for Focus Attack Dash Cancel. You perform it by just tapping twice in the direction you want to dash after you input down-B and hold. If the opponent is approaching you, you can SH FADC backwards and quickly F-smash. It's a good way to get them, but again don't use it a lot. Last but not least recovering. Ryu has pretty good recovery options and instead of write all down I'll direct you to a video that might help you better recover with Ryu.
Aerial Movement Showcase - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XfdeQ9FmAII
Uair Platform Canceling - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j4vEoFCUgTE
These two videos will help you maneuver Ryu with ease.
Not my videos, they belong to Hooded and all credit goes to him.

Admiral_Dante

Smash Apprentice
Here are some recent vids of me guys. Two are tournie sets and one is vs a sparring partner. I lose all of them so please rip me a new one and tell me what I should improve on. Thanks alot.

Vs Roy - Sparring set

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R7BnSDCzhgM#t=228

Vs Doctor Mario and Little Mac - Tourney

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8BpHIpIuqbk

Vs Sheik - Tourney

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UYh_fNfTur4
Feels like you're missing something. Solid neutral, lots of grabs, but no kills. For sure, your combo game could use some juice.

Last edited:

Emblem Lord

The Legendary Lord
NNID
ShinEmblemLord
3DS FC
3926-6895-0574
Switch FC
SW-0793-4091-6136
That, didn't help me much haha. Still I thank you for your insight.

Renegade TX2000

Smash Ace
Okay your ryu needs some serious tuning in the punishing department... Scratch that I want every Ryu to work on this simple thing.

Turn around dtilt x1, turn the otther way dtilt x1. Keep doing that over and over until that is easy. Next step is the same thing but with up tilt. BUt with up tilt you move slightly forward before doing it. Once you've gotten that down practice it in training mode against a dummy and do a turn around dtilt x1 or x2 into Shoryu, Tatsu... True versions of them both.

I see a lack of punishing in ryu mains and this will improve it. AND when I do see the punish you don't take advantage of it.

Emblem Lord I saw you land, Dtilt x2 then go for grab... If I see you do that again I'mma shoot your controller.

iLLEST

Smash Apprentice
NNID
iLLESTm3
I watch the first match vs roy only. Bad connection :(
I agree with Dante, combo game needs moar. I think you flubbed the dtilt1 x2 xx srk and did an fb instead. You're advice really helped me in a previous thread, advising to walk more. Just that advice alone made my game level up 10X. No 20X. Ryu has an amazing stage presence. Another thing I saw was the grab instead of SRK after blocking the fsmash. Good neutral though.

Emblem Lord

The Legendary Lord
NNID
ShinEmblemLord
3DS FC
3926-6895-0574
Switch FC
SW-0793-4091-6136
If I know I missed the timing for the SRK I will go for the grab.

The hadoukens are negative edge.

My fingers are too fast haha.

Dyz

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Dyz-89
3DS FC
1950-9945-5854
I can't really tell if you want critique or an answer to the question above. I cant really answer your question since I don't really run a spectacular channel, so I'll just give critique.
Ok some habits you need to stop are dash attacking, being aggresive, incorrect placement of smash attacks, and jumping in too quickly after getting hit off stage.....
i do know what FADC is, and its just in these particular matches that its not as clear when i use it, i have about 300 matches so far, and i continue to learn more options with Ryu, but feedback like this is much better, i will admit i should get into the habbit of doing an FADC > EX Shoryuken, because that is a very powerful kill move, i fought some Ryu's that just using it after an air attack or even just dashing forward, the few frames of invincibility is more than enough to get the kill,

though your providing me with a playstyle, to be more patient and space out the opponent, the Dash attack habbit actually comes from my main Yoshi, sometimes habbits stick to my other characters, but your right it is really unsafe, same goes for my random smash attacks, im usually intending to do a collarbone breaker, or just the side weak tilt, but well end up getting a smash,
i did notice myself using Nair as my approach becoming more often than it should be, its my opener to begin a Dtilt or Utilt combo string, but on higher % i should just try baiting the opponent to get hit by a Bair or Fair to be more effective and safe,

as mentioned in the video i only showed matches where i struggled, i could show other matches where i was just on point and doing most of the suggestions you made, but learning comes from losing or nearly losing as you clearly pointed out Why i was losing, thank you very much for the feedback i really appreciate it :D!

Emblem Lord

The Legendary Lord
NNID
ShinEmblemLord
3DS FC
3926-6895-0574
Switch FC
SW-0793-4091-6136
Thanks for the critique though guys I appreciate it. I need to get my consistent punishes down. I am working on implementing new strats to open up more opportunities for combos. Renegade has played me in Street Fighter he can vouch for me when I say I know how to combo my ass off lol.

Last edited:

BraveFantasy

Smash Cadet
Thanks for the critique though guys I appreciate it. I need to get my consistent punishes down. I am working on implementing new strats to open up more opportunities for combos. Renegade has played me in Street Fighter he can vouch for me when I say I know how to combo my *** off lol.
Your combos are decent and I love the "tick throws". You've got a nice neutral for sure, but I feel like you're lacking aerial mobility (offstage mobility to be more specific). For some of those edge guards sheik got on you going deep with fair you could have armored through and fadc, and then done a rising true tatsu. That thing can let you recover from the depths of FD, and even if it doesn't shoryuken after and you'll almost always be able to reach the ledge.. Rising tatsu probably would have hit sheik when she was attempting to edge guard offstage as well. Great get off me option when the opponent is going for a gimp imo. And the final thing I want to mention is that ryu has more kill moves than true shoryu. Pretty sure every one of your kills was true shoryu, but after 120 there are other options, safer if you hit a shield or miss your punish. Faster as well. First off, I would like to say that if someone does an unsafe move with low ending lag, then don't risk the true shoryu punish. Try and jab-> true shoryu instead. If jab hits shield then back off. Second, 150+ without rage h utilt kills. Probably like 130 with. Haven't done percentage testing yet. H jab kills around the same percent. Fsmash I've had kill near the side of FD at 90. Middle 110 with some rage. Bair kills around 120 middle of FD as well. If you're catching jumps from a ledge trap then it should kill around 90-100. Point is shoryu is ryu's strongest kill option up until about 100%, and then it's no better than anything else. Whatever can net the kill is what you should be going for.

Last edited:

Emblem Lord

The Legendary Lord
NNID
ShinEmblemLord
3DS FC
3926-6895-0574
Switch FC
SW-0793-4091-6136
Thanks a bunch man this is exactly what I was looking for. And I have been working on my edgeguarding and my aerial mobility alot since then. I'm also learning to trust Ryu alot more in the sense that I will no longer be afraid to go really deep, because he can recovery from the depths quite well and consistently.

BraveFantasy

Smash Cadet
Anytime man. And yes I love going deep with ryu as well. My favorite thing to do right now, though it's more for style than anything, is to full hop fadc backward off the stage to try and catch someone recovering high with a double jump bair. Usually if they challenge it'll trade in ryu's favor. If they air dodge just tatsu back to the stage. You'll land on stage and unless the opponent has a really good horizontal recovery you'll still be in a position to go for a ledge trap. (You can also go low with this setup, and save the double jump for recovery) Also I'm not sure if it's just natural timing or ryu's fsmash just being really good, but I often catch a lot of stand up from ledge options with fsmash. Shooting a true slow hadouken while someone is hanging on ledge seems like it encourages people to roll or jump off the ledge as well...guess there's something intimidating about a giant blue ball of ki.

Dyz

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Dyz-89
3DS FC
1950-9945-5854
i posted a while ago, and got some good feedback, this is just a fun little video, im not looking to be critiqued, since now i understand what i need to do to become better, but i dunno maybe people will enjoy watching a few good matches and some interesting moments i had, so please enjoy :3!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4faLGExJSuE

Emblem Lord

The Legendary Lord
NNID
ShinEmblemLord
3DS FC
3926-6895-0574
Switch FC
SW-0793-4091-6136
Here are the vids of the tourney I won last week. Rip me a new one guys. I made good plays but missed opportunities as well.

Vs Pikachu

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cuWYkfXBHxw

Vs Yoshi, Wario

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y-P4oqOYFUA

Vs Roy, Rosalina

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aK61iEUcQKc

Vs Jigglypuff - Grandfinals

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FVEg9ylJuVM

There was also a customs tourney, but I didnt do well in that at all. I was just so hype I won that I missed alot of stuff and made silly errors but no johns. It's all a learning process. here are the vids from the customs event.

Vs Ness

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NxrhBZOLZQU

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WY9jlz1SKBo

Vs Ganondorf

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5PBHfrMjDgY

HoodedAltair

Smash Journeyman
NNID
HoodedAltair
3DS FC
4442-0574-6679
www.twitch.tv/contibeastmode/v/8259544?t=56m10s

Sorry but don't have the video available to show by itself yet.....I have 3 matches on stream but the one with kirbyfan is the one I want critique on since he was the best player I fought and I was on top of my game. Thanks in advance

Last edited:

moofpi

Smash Journeyman
NNID
moofpi
3DS FC
0473-8866-3506
Here's some recent videos of 9B in Japan who was considered the best Ice Climbers in the world and basically invented IC's metagame in Brawl and was the most impressive Shulk I'd seen back in February and now it seems he's an awesome Ryu. Doesn't use FADC that much though.

vs Peach
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oCVqZXI6hIY
vs Cpt. Falcon <-Hype
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BzFodPdlS3s
vs Alph
https://youtu.be/djAcqsukoy4?t=1m2s

Also here's some of Motsunabe's Ryu, he's the best Lucario in Japan and seems to have picked up Ryu.

Here's one of him against Taranito, their 2nd or 3rd best Ness, in an online tournament.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5aeNgJ3gaE8

vs Kid's Bowser
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gTnDFVPjGBY

Last edited:
Top Bottom