• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Akira Howard Enlists into Battle! (Astral Chain)

ZealousGamer

Smash Ace
Pretty good picture. However, They haven't been "Rookies" since the very beginning of the game. If they get called Legionis that is fine. However, I'd rather doubt it.

Isaac: Venus Adept

Smash Lord
So it looks like the Platinum games copyright for Astral Chain was removed from the site, don't know what this could mean but hopefully Nintendo and Platinum have big plans for this IP ahead

Isaac: Venus Adept

Smash Lord
Yeah we were having discussions on what the name for the AC protag would be if they ever became fighters because of the Akira sibling thing. Officer Howard sounded the best to me but Legionis sounds cool too

ZealousGamer

Smash Ace
What costumes would you want Officer Howard to have? I'd like a few of the late game costumes (trying not to spoil).

Calamitas

Smash Champion
What costumes would you want Officer Howard to have? I'd like a few of the late game costumes (trying not to spoil).
I'd hope they include one of the more hilarious custom swaps, like the raven that sits on your head or the paper bag over your head. Imagine kicking someone's ass with a character that wears a paper bag over their head.

ZealousGamer

Smash Ace
I still need to finish the game. I finished the main Story but haven't done the end game content.

Edit: If Astral Chain had their own line of Amiibos (lets say about 5); which ones would you want? I'd have Officer Howard (Male), Officer Howard (Female), Lappy, Sword Legion, and Beast Legion. Or Officer Howard (Male) could have Sword Legion with him and Officer Howard (Female) could be replaced with Akira and her Bow Legion. If that were the case; I'd add Beast Legion and Axe Legion.

Last edited:

Idon

Smash Legend
NNID
Miyamoto Iori
Switch FC
SW-4826-9581-3305
I'd personally buy an Astral Chain Amiibo of male hero and sword legion. Those are definitely my favorite designs in the game

Also spoilers, but their fusion together would be amazing to see as well

ZealousGamer

Smash Ace
What are your desires for Astral Chain 2?

Mine are:
  • New Legions
  • New moves for old Legions
  • More variety with NPC designs
  • Seeing the more culturally diverse areas of the ARK
  • More character customization
  • Off duty activities
  • Maybe romance options? ( I wanted to romance Marie)
  • Less motion control segments (I'd rather not have any)
  • Astral Chain Amiibos
  • Allow the player to own a dog
  • Allow players to customize their dog (I want to put a Lappy hat and badge on my dog)
  • Missions outside the ARK

and more! I'll leave it there for now.

ZealousGamer

Smash Ace
i was not expecting everyone to be onboard with the animal crossing idea
I don't really play AC (Animal Crossing) (I want to); but AC (Animal Crossing) has shown great potential with the different items from other series that you can put in your home.

Edit: I just realized that AC can stand for both Astral Chain and Animal Crossing. Funny.

Last edited:

SharkLord

Smash Hero

Mine are:
  • New Legions
  • Off duty activities
  • Astral Chain Amiibos
  • Allow players to customize their dog (I want to put a Lappy hat and badge on my dog)

One idea I had is a roguelike-style game where you explore the Astral Plane. Still planning that one out, but I think it'd be a pretty cool way to expand that area. Also, let you directly attack with the Legions. Let you actually control two characters, not just one and a half.

ZealousGamer

Smash Ace
Oh! You just reminded me of something else I'd want; more variety of areas within the Astral Plane! The Astral Plane really needs more variety in the designs of locations.

fogbadge

Smash Obsessed

Mine are:
  • New Legions
  • Off duty activities
  • Astral Chain Amiibos

i think I’d be ok with all those bar the romancing

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
I know this is getting a bit trite in modern gaming but I would love more open-world sensibilities in the traversal and exploration. I'm not saying it has to be a sandbox, but I loved areas like Harmony Square, and I'd just like to be able to have more of that, with more options within, and larger areas to explore.

Really I think I'm just here for the neon. :colorful:

But it could contrast nicely with the linear nature of, uh... **** I already forget what the chimera realm is called, lol. Oh yeah, the Astral Plane. Probably should've remembered that one, haha.

I don't really play AC (Animal Crossing) (I want to); but AC (Animal Crossing) has shown great potential with the different items from other series that you can put in your home.

Edit: I just realized that AC can stand for both Astral Chain and Animal Crossing. Funny.

GolisoPower

Smash Master

Mine are:
  • New Legions
  • Off duty activities
  • Astral Chain Amiibos

I'd say that since the events of the original game, there should be some sort of decontamination program for the rest of the world. I mean...
Ever since we offed Noah and the Chimera attacks shot down, people of the ARK are considering leaving and going back into the world. And we've proven that we've got more than enough firepower to drive off the rest of the Chimera infection from the world. It would sort of be separate levels with unique sort of "Chimera Hives" where you can clear them out and purify the world. Almost like how it works in the Just Cause games.

Last edited:

ZealousGamer

Smash Ace
Well, if we looked up every game with AC; then it'd be quite the list. Yes, Assassin's Creed is AC too.

AmphabulouSnake

Smash Journeyman
I think Astral Chain 2 will have us travel around the world to seek Chimera hives like GolisoPower said, kinda like Doom Eternal in a way :p
But yeah obviously new legions (especially a flying one, imagine), a more "open" world, more character backstories and PLEASE MORE OF THE HERMITS AND KYLE
I'm sure the rest of the world could have some really unique designs in landscape and stuff...

Phoenixio

Smash Apprentice
This might be spoiler heavy, so read at your own risk.

One thing I hope they touch on more is that there is actually 3 factions, represented by the three colors you see ingame: blue, red and purple. I really hope they dive into the purple faction more. Because in the end, despite the endless red swarm, and the couple of docile blue legions, you also have the heavily mutating purple which play some role. After that, I think it's always nice to dive into the politics of the survivors: terrorists, rebels, vigilantes, surviving pockets of humanity, police forces, pro-con groups for legions, religions, etc. The first game touches those quite a bit and I hope they continue, as human survival usually has tons of sides to it like this.

ZealousGamer

Smash Ace
Unfortunately, I kind of am having my doubts now. I don't think Nintendo will add another anime style human character. We've gotten so many now. I'd love to be wrong. Officer Howard has become my most wanted for Ultimate.

KiyoXDragon

Smash Apprentice
NNID
KiyoXDragon
3DS FC
2981-7067-0666
Switch FC
SW-1752-3317-0324
Unfortunately, I kind of am having my doubts now. I don't think Nintendo will add another anime style human character. We've gotten so many now. I'd love to be wrong. Officer Howard has become my most wanted for Ultimate.
Yes, since I didn't get Rex. I think I'd be more excited for the Akiras, they would have a futuristic playstyle and they have great music that could go in smash.

KiyoXDragon

Smash Apprentice
NNID
KiyoXDragon
3DS FC
2981-7067-0666
Switch FC
SW-1752-3317-0324
Actually, yes!

Edit: Evidently, Hideki Kamiya teased it.
Sounds exciting for a sequel though I still haven't beaten Astral Chain yet. How do you think we could use Legion along with Akira? Maybe Legion can appear like Joker's Arsene. But I think it would be cooler to summon the legion whenever you want and it can have a power bar under the profile picture, and it slowly depletes or regains while unsummoned.

Top Bottom