Akira Howard Enlists into Battle! (Astral Chain)

ZealousGamer

Smash Ace
Here is a question; if Officer Howard got in; would you buy the Amiibo? :p

Back to my earlier questions; Stage entrance and Reveal Trailer; how you do want them?

Calamitas

Smash Champion
I apparently never posted here before, huh? Well, I got and beat Astral Chain a couple of months ago, and loved it quite a bit. So I'm definitely in support of a character from the game making it into Smash.

Stage entrance; as in how would they enter a match?
Riding in on their motorcycle, duh.

Matadormon

Smash Apprentice
I finished Astral Chain back in 2019, and I gotta say, I ****ing love the game. Also, Min Min officially destroyed the Spirits fan rule, so I can see Akira enter Smash. Also, a thief with a stand vs a cop with a stand, who wouldn’t want to see that?

ZealousGamer

Smash Ace
Honestly, I still haven't finished Astral Chain. I just finished the main story. However, it is fun and I really like the Twins and their Legions.

fogbadge

Smash Legend
I finished Astral Chain back in 2019, and I gotta say, I ****ing love the game. Also, Min Min officially destroyed the Spirits fan rule, so I can see Akira enter Smash. Also, a thief with a stand vs a cop with a stand, who wouldn’t want to see that?
stand?

Idon

Smash Legend
NNID
Dark Slayer
Switch FC
Approaching Storm
well it would seem theres a meaning of "stands" thats lost on me
Stands are beings from the manga/anime Jojo's Bizarre Adventure who are summoned from people's souls and act as separate beings which the user uses to channel their powers. The most popular kind is one who is humanoid in shape and is able to punch you very very fast. the ARM legion is almost assuradly a reference to it.

fogbadge

Smash Legend
Stands are beings from the manga/anime Jojo's Bizarre Adventure who are summoned from people's souls and act as separate beings which the user uses to channel their powers. The most popular kind is one who is humanoid in shape and is able to punch you very very fast. the ARM legion is almost assuradly a reference to it.
thatll be it

SharkLord

Smash Champion
I'd like to be added to the supporter list, please. I greatly enjoyed Astral Chain, and the MC sounds really fun in Smash. That being said, I'd like to point out that the main character is not Akira; That's their twin, and they start diverging pretty early on. If anything, they'll probably end up as Legionis or something, in a similar vein as Villager or Pokemon Trainer.

SharkLord

Smash Champion
So here's the beginning of my Legionis moveset.

The LEGIONIS Unchains!
(For added effect, listen to this.)

The Legionis is a member of NEURON, an organization dedicated to and defending against the deadly Chimeras and their home, the alien Astral Plane. Living aboard the last bastion of humanity, the Ark, they are equiped with a form-changing X-Baton and the Legion, a converted Chimera bonded to them. Together, the Legionis and the Legion fight with such synchronization that they might as well be a single being.

The Legionis is a balanced fighter who is rather lackluster on their own. Their real strength comes from their Legionis, giving them power, range, and versatility. With their Legion out, they are arguably the best fighter in the game. However, the Legion can only stay out for so long, and the Legionis is quite vulnerable without it.

The Legionis' Fighter Ability is the Legion (Actually multiple Legions, being swapped around on a whim), as mentioned above. The two work somewhat like a mix of Joker and Rosalina,, with the Legion being a temporary summon, but can move and attack on it's own. Inputting an attack causes the Legionis and their Legion to attack in unison. Pressing the button again after a smash attack causes a follow-up attack, much like Min Min's Dragon lasers. It should be noted that special moves can be performed even without the Legion out.

The Legion requires the Legion Gauge to function. When the Legion is out, their Legion Gauge slowly drains, and said gauge decreases when the Legion is hit. When the Legion is recalled, the gauge begins to refill. When the gauge runs out, the Legion disappears, leaving the Legionis vulnerable until it refills. The Legion Gauge maxes out at 200.

Specials
  • Neutral Special - Blaster: The Legionis fires up to three shots from their blaster in rapid succession. Holding the button causes them to fire a single powerful shot that explodes on contact. While the Legion is out, it will switch to the Arrow Legion and fire an arrow alongside its master's shots.
  • Side Special - Legion Throw: The Legionis throws their Legion forth. While it deals some damage, it's main purpose is to posistion the Legion forward. The Legion's distance can be increased by inputting the move as a smash attack. Pressing the button again after the move is performed causes the Legionis to pull themselves to their Legion, and performing the input a second time while the two are separated causes the Legion to come back to it's master.
  • Up Special - Legion Jump: The Legion flies upwards and pulls it's master after it. Can be angled slightly with the control stick.
  • Down Special - Hit Rush: The Legionis unchains their Legion, turning them into a CPU-controlled character who attacks wildly. This can deal some heavy damage and allows for some unique and flashy combos, but the Legionis is left without their Legion until the gauge runs out, meaning that using it wrong can prove to be fatal.
  • Shield Special - Summon Legion: The Legionis activates or deactivates their Legion. To represent the grounded gameplay of Astral Chain, the Legionis cannot use this move in the air.
  • FINAL SMASH - Legionic Fusion: The Legionis shoves the core of their Legion into their chest, transforming into a monstrous fusion of human and Legion. They then rush forward, delivering a vicious series of attacks to whoever is unfortunate enough to stand in their way.
Note that alts of both genders can be selected, with the female being the default.

Top Bottom