• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

aish's edmonton brawl monthlies - over

Tokaio

Smash Journeyman
yeah, you have a point

but all s tiers are homos in one way or another
Wario isn't homo at all.

EDIT: GG's to everyone, especially Brandon. Some intense matches we had there. You're Sonic's sick. Especially with those sounds. They screw me up alot. x.x

victra♥

crystal skies
Slippi.gg
victra#0
Tokaio speaks the truth. Only (Luke's) MK and (Luke's) Falco. Every other character doesn't really frustrate me.

And I play Ganon guys. No johns.

victra♥

crystal skies
Slippi.gg
victra#0
It sometimes catches people off-guard, but most of the time, like most things in brawl, if you spam spotdodge or roll, you usually get out of it.

Limeee

Smash Champion
i used to play wario, from my experience against my brother it doesn't work at all

EDIT: please aish change my name from Rhyme to Lime

Fraser

Smash Journeyman
yah i'm going to be arriving later than I expected so can play all my pools matches at the end of pools. I don't get off work till 3 and i can only get to soukawaii for 3:30-3:45 at the earliest.

Limeee

Smash Champion
It's really fun, but so unlegit. Every character functions the same way basically.
how is it really unlegit? and yeah it is alot of fun.

I'd like to try balanced brawl
i'm gonna try that out later when i have the time

only thing that appeals to me about bbrawl is ganon's d-tilt and the wifi practice stage <3
haha that stage is awesome, its great against falco because his SHDL is blocked by the sandbag

EDIT: eek no posts again

~Firefly~

Smash Hero
At this rate, there will be one person in AB who uses each character, with maybe one or two duplicates. Every time somebody new shows interest, they bring something unique to the community. It's beautiful. *sniff*

:005:

~Firefly~

Smash Hero
Well, I was going to come back for thanksgiving, but my whole family isn't even going to be there, so it kinda defeats the purpose. My last final exam is December 12th, so I'll be back for the second half of December.

While we're on topic, Sou Kawaii 8 should be December 19th. I've looked into this; it's a Saturday, and I'll probably be able to go. =3

Also, I may be extremely rusty when I get back. >.< There is a bit of a Brawl scene beginning to pop up around here, but I don't know if there's anybody good around here that will actually play.

:005:

Diminisht

Smash Journeyman
It should be fun to see how the tournaments play out with such diversity, and I'm happy to see that were not spammed with MK and Snake. Looks like were looking at a very interesting year of brawl, I'm shooting to make Link move up a tier lol. (like that'll ever happen, haha)

Limeee

Smash Champion
i'll miss your yoshi jake *sniff

oh, and you of course

i hate choosing a main character though, because i wanna play a character thats somewhat high tier (i say my only disadvantage should be my age and ADD, i don't want to give myself any others) but all my favorite chars are already played: falco, snake, GnW, diddy

random topic change ftw
who do you think i should main? i'm always going to keep falco and snake as secondaries though

T-block

B2B TST
jamie my brother is younger than you and he placed 7th as an E tier character

seriously, if you place that much faith in tiers then you're thinking about brawl wrong, and you're gonna stay a scrub until you change that

Llumys

Smash Champion
There's a difference between between judging how legit a character is by their placement on the tier list and whining because a character is good and is placed high.

Stop whining about top tier characters and use whoever you want without complaining.

victra♥

crystal skies
Slippi.gg
victra#0
lol Jamie dawg. Son you gotta know.

Tokaio is mad young, like 14 I think? He ***** with Lucas. Lucas. That's just for Brawl. My brother is 12 and he ***** in Melee. Age isn't a disadvantage. In fact, I'd consider it an advantage.

Choosing chars depending on tiers is homo. Choose whatever character you have fun with and don't restrict and limit yourself. Sure you could use all the high tier characters and win money but who wants to be a Luke.

The best way to get good, and I believe this is so in both melee and brawl, is to choose one character and work on that one character. Obviously you'll sometimes need cp characters, but in general you usually just focus to get really good with 1 character.

Plus my Ganondorf is better than all my high tiers except for maybe Diddy(?). I think Ganon is my best character even though he's the worst, but I have fun with him. At the end of the day, it shouldn't come down to what placing you get or who you beat but whether or not you had a good time, cause that's why we're playing smash right? To have fun.

Unless you're a Luke or you need to win money to pay for your insulin.

aish

Smash Journeyman
New batch of casual players going to be showing up to this 8D they won't be at the apocalypse though. gee i havn't posted in forevers, hows everyone doing 8D darren you goings to be celebrating your b-day on apoc? mike you never ask to play with me OTL -sniff- and december monthly, i'm not sure haha kinda farss for that though i'm already thinking of what i want for christmas/birthday "OTL
on the topic of chars you play, the char that will replace pit for me will be

Top Bottom