• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Air Walk: Probably Lucario's most useful AT...Still need an instructioinal vid...

Dark 3nergy

Smash Hero
NNID
Gambit.7
3DS FC
4313-0369-9934
Switch FC
SW-5498-4166-5599
wow rly give me the stuff to upload then

Same reason DDD utilt will go through another attack sometimes and other times will cancel with the same given attack? (or bowser/marth upB as well).

Iirc before it was looked into further, the old idea was that it had a few invincibility frames. Once we realized more of how certain properties worked though, it was clear that this wasn't the case.
ddd does have IF frames like 4-5 during start up of utilt, not useful rly like marths upb IF is

actually its decent for breaking badly spaced nados, and i can only name one time where i used utilt and it destroyed a bomb without me taking damage....

Dark 3nergy

Smash Hero
NNID
Gambit.7
3DS FC
4313-0369-9934
Switch FC
SW-5498-4166-5599
yea, im pretty sure the first 1-3 frames of utilt are not IF though. The prob is there is no frame data that explains when the IF pop up its just during the start up. So..kinda have to guess..

actually im messing with it now and whiffed utilts that dont hit do not show any frames that flash white. If it hits, DDD flashes white 1-2 frames after the hit goes thru, thats if its fresh. Staled its either showing no white IF or it does...so..i dont quite understand how that works.

Since theres really no concrete frame data on ddds utilt just keep in mind it does have a few IF. Like i said, these IF arent nearly as useful as Marths / MKs in their upbs. Cuz lets put it this way if DDDs utilt had IF on frame 1, it'd be a much more wonderful move for him.

phi1ny3

Not the Mama
that'd be a mean thing

but then again, at least he has a couple, MK shuttle loop has like only one frame of invincibility on the grounded variation only.

That being said, imo best oos upB is Bowser's besides MK's/Marth's (probably better than Marth's at least), it's probably the safest one out there (but bowser as a whole's pretty bad so it kinda nullifies things :V).

Steam

Smash Hero
problem is Bowser is a monster up close so everyone camps him to death. Bowser has the best OOS game IMHO. only an idiot touches his shield

Dark 3nergy

Smash Hero
NNID
Gambit.7
3DS FC
4313-0369-9934
Switch FC
SW-5498-4166-5599
cept i would touch his shield with my soft palpable gloves <3

culexus・wau

Purchased premium only to change name ><
I have matches doin it a ****ton too.

honestly, I should stop - mid air jump + above opponent = BAD

MythTrainerInfinity

Smash Champion
NNID
MTInfinity
3DS FC
2363-5671-9607
Red Ryu told me he'd get something together after he learns the implications of this tech.

This tech has a lot lot more potential than Broversal imo.

A few questions.

1. How is the tech actually performed? Do you jump OOS during sheild stun/sheild slide/another period of time to do it? Can it be done with CStick?

2. Has anything been tested vs MK DSmash/FSmash? Can we punish that w/ Air Walk? What about Snake UTilt/FTilt, or other common moves we'd have to worry about from top tiers?

MythTrainerInfinity

Smash Champion
NNID
MTInfinity
3DS FC
2363-5671-9607
Jump OoS DAir, can be CSticked. Best time to do it is buffer it right after you input your shield DI. Its good to be practicing shield DI anyway even if you fail to master this tech.

I haven't tested vs. MK's DSmash yet, as its just too fast and does not yield much hitstun. Theoretically though you should be able to if you master it.

Don't ever use it against Snake FTilt 1. You're just going to get hit by FTilt 2. Otherwise you should be able to use it just fine against FTilt 2 and his other Tilts.

Its a viable option against Falco's FSmash and USmash, Wario FSmash you might be better off Force Palming, Grabbing, or FTilting, can be done against Marth's FSmash (not tipper) and depending how close you are.

If you don't feel comfortable Double Teaming a Grenade near Snake you might wanna try this.

Ironically, Air Walk OoS is a great punisher against another Lucario using DAir.

MythTrainerInfinity

Smash Champion
NNID
MTInfinity
3DS FC
2363-5671-9607
Properly executing Air Walk means you can either A. avoid damage or B. counter something or C. both.

Properly using Broversal means you get some neat spacing tools, but if your opponent reads it you're in trouble. A regular B-Reversal is alright too, but...

Air Walk has situations where it guarantees damage. A B-Reversal only guarantees damage against someone who is in landing lag or who initiated a laggy move with a faked out approach.

Bah I could theorycraft both of these in my head all day.

Bottom line is this tech is underused and useful and people should be learning it.

Oh and I forgot to add MK's Glide Attack to the list of things we could punish.

RT

Smash Hero
NNID
Rockettrainer
3DS FC
4038-6677-8162
I didn't think all of this stuff was new or hard to do. :ohwell:

MythTrainerInfinity

Smash Champion
NNID
MTInfinity
3DS FC
2363-5671-9607
To do this you need an instructional vid.........? Really? lmao
Some people are very a little lazy when it comes to learning it and its applications...

Every decently known tech has an instructional video how to back it. Sadly it has been known since about a year ago, but alas we still lack a video.

I'm still willing to help people learn this on WiFi or IRL if need be >.>

MBlaze

Smash Champion
Some people are very a little lazy when it comes to learning it and its applications...

Every decently known tech has an instructional video how to back it. Sadly it has been known since about a year ago, but alas we still lack a video.

I'm still willing to help people learn this on WiFi or IRL if need be >.>
I knew this before I just mained Lucario.

culexus・wau

I think you hit the x or y buttons but idk someone check on rthat

real talk though can we air walk by using the control stick to jump.

culexus・wau

tilt the direction then.

I hold the direction since I'm buffering the dair + jump OOS so it works out for me

phi1ny3

Not the Mama
You'll want to be smart about doing this, b/c even this can be predicted/punished (although pretty hard to do at this point):
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ccMfYXEfx24#t=11m07s
sometimes I'll use it at low percents so that in case falco is off framewise on the CG (although highly unlikely), I can dair him out while getting away.

other applications:
decent out option if you're getting overwhelmed in doubles
anti-string

Top Bottom