• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Against Zelda

Sonic The Hedgedawg

Smash Hero
NNID
SonicTheHedgedog
3DS FC
3437-3319-6725
Everytime I glide toss a Turnip to Zelda she uses Nayru to reflect it.
Should I not glide toss it? Or am I doing something wrong?
no you shouldn't then... or at least glide toss them from farther away.... and Zelda's better at glide tossing than peach if she manages to catch it.

if you make it so the turnip BARELY makes it to zelda... it won't hit you if reflected unless you end up right on tp of her.

And Zelda's aerials are all slow enough to get toaded BTW... besides nair.

Deidara~Tail~

Smash Apprentice
Where you'd least expect, and don't say "unde
I played with Zelda sometimes. Zelda is more of a defensive player, so she doesn't have as much offensive tactics as her defensive tactics. Because of that, if you could push her into offense, you might stand a better chance against her.

If Zelda decides to use her Fsmash, jump back to avoid it, and when her attack finishes, punish her with Fair or Bair.

Some of her attacks takes time to launch, like her Fsmash, Ftilt, and Uair. So if you're fighting Zelda at close combat, use Peach's quicker attacks like AA or Dsmash to get Zelda before she could pull of an attack, though you still have to watch out for Zelda's quicker attacks like neutral A and Dsmash.

Zelda has a bad time getting back at stage because her recovery isn't that great. If you could keep her outside the fray, you'll be in a good position.

EdreesesPieces

Smash Bros Before Hos
BRoomer
NNID
EdreesesPieces
Everytime I glide toss a Turnip to Zelda she uses Nayru to reflect it.
Should I not glide toss it? Or am I doing something wrong?
This is what you want Zelda doing. Soon as you notice she does this, start reverse glide tossing turnips. IE, you will still approach zelda at the same rate and spacing, but the turnip will be tossed the other direction. It won't be reflected. Zelda will use Nayrus love and you can punish with the free move of your liking. If you guesssed wrong so what, you are still free to shield, attack, etc. If you mix up your forward glide toss with your reverse it'll really get Zelda questioning you and unsure.

You can Gimp zelda's recovery. Down air her BUT dont let the down air finish. Just let the first couple of hits do it. (Learn the timing where you need to start moving out of the way so the final hit won't prop them up) She will lose some vertical momentum and spacing and because her recovery sucks you can edgehog her now/make it real difficult for her to get an angle on the ledge.

Airgemini

Chansey
Safari Zone. Shiny, and holding a Lucky Egg.
3DS FC
2406-5625-4787
This is what you want Zelda doing. Soon as you notice she does this, start reverse glide tossing turnips. IE, you will still approach zelda at the same rate and spacing, but the turnip will be tossed the other direction. It won't be reflected. Zelda will use Nayrus love and you can punish with the free move of your liking. If you guesssed wrong so what, you are still free to shield, attack, etc. If you mix up your forward glide toss with your reverse it'll really get Zelda questioning you and unsure.
I never thought of reverse glide tossing it....
Thanks.

Sonic The Hedgedawg

Smash Hero
NNID
SonicTheHedgedog
3DS FC
3437-3319-6725
I never thought of reverse glide tossing it....
Thanks.
I wouldn't even say THAT'S necisary... you can get away with regular glide tossing... you just have to space it differently... and you can punish her nayru's with peach bomber almost every time.

DeuceBlade

Smash Champion
The only thing scary about zelda is her death kick... I used to always lose to Zelda but after playing her alot I find that most Zelda's are all the same.. bah turnip **** her and fair her back to hell...

BurtonEarny

Smash Ace
I do find that I get kicked alot if Im not careful. But I dont have a prblem with Zeldas. You have to watch dairing, because you WILL eventually eat it... Turnipsdo help alot, but I like her bair almost more because it goes through din's fire.

Nasanieru

Smash Journeyman
All I have to say is that when Peach fights a Zelda, her options are narrowed WAY down (making you more predictable). Best bet is to change your character for the set IMO

Villi

Smash Lord
Zelda's not so bad. Her bair can get you out of sheild and she can do it twice in a short hop, so watch out for that 'cause the spacing isn't too difficult to force. Smash DI out of her Fsmash up and away is safest, but you might be able to punish with a bair. Time your fairs properly and you should be able to get between her Usmashes, otherwise bairs are a good idea when you're not doing a turnip approach. Stay in the air and let her Usmashes be her main source of damage on you. Let it decay and you'll survive much longer (unless you know how to smash DI out of it, then share the info!!)

Don't fall into Uair air dodge traps cause they'll kill you fast. Air dodge Din's Flame, but don't let them get you to make a sloppy approach. Just back off if she messes up your spacing.

Aggressive Zeldas are more tricky, but ultimately easier to handle. Just DI away from everything that gets passed your defense and get fair swipes in to keep her in check. Pursue when she's unsure of approaching. Usually that means retreating/standing Din's spam.

Also, powershield Farore's Wind approaches and punish the lag. Bad approach. If it doesn't hit you and you predicted wrong, though, she'll have a sidestep dsmash ready so just keep your distance.

goodkid

Smash Lord
Don't try your dair combos often, because Zelda's upsmash oos, will eat peach up all day, but surprisingly, not may Zelda's do this.

Brinzy

Godfather of the Crimean Mafia
NNID
Brinzy
^ Because that decays one of her best killing moves on Peach to hell and back.

DeadlyTurnip

Smash Journeyman
Omg, I hate her.

She flopped me off a tournament, a roll-spamming Zelda.

All I can do is regurgitate the same material already provided. Space, turnips, careful... very very careful.

Top Bottom