• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Aerials With Z

Jboy313

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Braunz
i was just wondering how many people do their aerials with the z button.. i use the z button cuz i think thats its a bit faster then the A button since ur using another finger to hit it..i have never seen anyone else ur the z button that way. but i just think thats its better.. you can just do any aerial with Z, land try to get underthem then jump canceled grab since ur finger was already on Z..

Narukari

Smash Journeyman
I also do my aerials with z, It made things easier for me since I can do my aerial and L-cancel with the same button.

Jboy313

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Braunz
good im glad to know that im not the only one :D

i knew that you culd l cancel with z but i never really thought about it. im going to try that..but it would be hard to shuffle dair cuz u need to press down z then down again to fast fall..

Narukari

Smash Journeyman
When I shffl, I don't even need to worry about the timing usually.

I just double tap z to do the aerial and I hit the l-cancel window during my fastfall.

Jboy313

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Braunz
i can always tell when i do teh l cancel at the wrong time.. when i do the drill shine sometimes it comes out right after the lag from the attack ends and other times when i do it wrong it takes longer. but im starting to do in consistantly now. (yay me)

Proverbs

Smash Lord
I only use Z when I want to jump and perform an aerial at the same time (by pressing X and Z simultaneously). That's how I do ledgehop d-airs with Marth (just hold down and press X+Z).

Otherwise I c-stick everything else. Including my n-airs.

DtJ Jungle

Check out my character in #GranblueFantasy
BRoomer
hunrybox uses z

then johns because his contorller never works :)

MexicanBJ

Smash Journeyman
um.....im pretty sure z isn't any faster than a (cuz you can just slide down to a from y or x....)

but yea some people prefer it, i dont lol

Da Shuffla

Smash Lord
Proverbs, did you mean excluding? Otherwise, this is impossible. As far as I know.

I only use z for Nairs. With Z, you have to tilt in the direction of the aerial on the control stick. With the c-stick, I can DI during an aerial. You can DI backward while performing a Fair. Reverse Knees are especially rewarding. Also, you don't have to double-tap the control stick when doing a Dair.

sro2

Smash Rookie
I don't use z at all for my attacks. I used to use it to grab, but now I L+A since I shield cancel my dashes a lot.
What if you played as link or samus? wouldn't you do a tether? I never tried

Proverbs

Smash Lord
Proverbs, did you mean excluding? Otherwise, this is impossible. As far as I know.

I only use z for Nairs. With Z, you have to tilt in the direction of the aerial on the control stick. With the c-stick, I can DI during an aerial. You can DI backward while performing a Fair. Reverse Knees are especially rewarding. Also, you don't have to double-tap the control stick when doing a Dair.
I was joking. It's impossible to c-stick n-airs. That's why I said it.

Gaara♥

Smash Master
When I shffl, I don't even need to worry about the timing usually.

I just double tap z to do the aerial and I hit the l-cancel window during my fastfall.
wow thats pretty interesting! And i use z sometimes for bairs when on the ledge

Geist

Smash Master
I only use Z for grabs.
I jump using the top part of my thumb, and I use the middle joint of my thumb to hit A or B.
Because I have massive hands.

If I don't want to risk the fastfalling, I slide my thumb to the cstick.

Doomgaze

Smash Apprentice
A good thing with using Z is that you will still be able to tech in case you mess up. There are definitely advantages to Nair by using Z, it's just that I feel awkward with it.

Strong Badam

Super Elite
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
^What? You can tech after using the control stick or C-Stick o.O r-button ftw.

Jboy313

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Braunz
um.....im pretty sure z isn't any faster than a (cuz you can just slide down to a from y or x....)

but yea some people prefer it, i dont lol

i just think that you are uasing 2 different fingers for jump and z and its a bit easier to press x and z and the same time rather then x and a... well...you can press z and a at the some time but it would be a bit weird..

mostwins

Smash Apprentice
3DS FC
4742-8002-0115
I have to try this, never really thought about ever using the Z button.

Does it make SHFFLs any easier?

Bandit000

Smash Cadet
i just use the z button for my nairs and c-stick for every other arial attack...
:]
i find thats more convenient.

Top Bottom