• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Advantage/Shieldstun/Hitstun Data (Incomplete)

iRJi

Smash Champion
All moves have been tested on equal stocks on opponent, at 0 percent. It should be stated that depending on the opponent's percent, They will either have more or less hitstun/shieldstun therefore having a less advantage, or an increased advantage. This test is to determine the least amount of hit stun/shieldstun possible.

Also, keep in mind that this isn't the only determining factor in move's being safe. Shield push takes into account as well.

Fsmash

(Dis)Advantage: -17
Shieldstun: 11
Hitstun: N/A

Dtilt= -8/8/28

(Dis)Advantage: -12
Shieldstun: 10

Dsmash = -22/12/29

(Dis)Advantage: -32

Usmash = -36/11/30

(Dis)Advantage: -21
Shieldstun: 14

Ftilt

(Dis)Advantage: -9

Utilt

(Dis)Advantage: -16
Shieldstun: 12

Jab 1

(Dis)Advantage: N/A
Shieldstun: N/A

Jab 2

Jab 3

Dash attack

Shine

(Dis)Advantage: -14
Hitstun: 8

Dair

(Dis)Advantage: -6
Shieldstun: 6
Hitstun: 5

Uair

(Dis)Advantage: 13
Shieldstun: 10 (First hit) 9 (2nd hit)
Hitstun:N/A

Bair

(Dis)Advantage: -8
Shieldstun: 12
Hitstun: 14

Nair

(Dis)Advantage: -8
Shieldstun: 8
Hitstun: 20

Notes:

All information was tested twice with the Debug code.
By Frame data alone with the information recieved, Shine to Usmash is a legit combo.
By information recieved, at 0 you can Dair to Shine. You have a 1 frame window to pull it off, however.

I original did this for My crew member, Rookie, but I decided to post my results for everyone to see. Like the title says, its not done. I got lazy and was running out of time. If i decide to do it again, I will finish this data to the best of my abilities.

TKD

Smash Lord
this doesnt say the disadvantage formula or the landing cooldown of each aerial. this isnt useful enough. is there maybe another thread?

#HBC | ZoZo

Shocodoro Blagshidect
The only thing you really need to know is the frame advantage. If it's -10 that means that the opponent has 10 frames to do stuff before you can do stuff. Keep in mind that a shield drop is 7 (maybe 6?) frames. So take for example Dtilt, it has -12 after you perform it, considering it's well spaced and has reasonable knockback, the opponent has to shield drop (7 frames for them), they now have 5 frames (12-7=5) to punish you. Consider that I don't know of any long range move with 5 frames, and dash startup is like 2 frames (not sure, again D: ) it's pretty much unpunishable, except with a powershield.

Consider a shield grab is about 6-7 frames, dair is actually pretty darn safe and can only be shieldgrabbed, and by those with a 7 frame grab, you can shine and use frame1+2 invincibility to 'counter' the grab, assuming they grab 1-2frame perfect. If they don't you can spotdodge. If they want to punish a dair/nair/bair crossup they just... can't.

Asce

Smash Apprentice
IIRC, shhield drop is 6 frames and most of the cast (with the exception of tether grabbers and poor zelda) have 6 frame grabs. so they actually can punish very well with shield grabs when it comes to Dair at least. There are also Oos options for many characters, so i wouldnt suggets just jumping in there like that. nair and bair on shield are safest. what you said about dtilt i dont know lol seems tedious to try to space that but your choice.

Top Bottom