• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Advance Wars By Web (AWBW) / Fire Embelm By Web (FEBW)

Dogysamich

The Designated Hype Man!
BRoomer
Advance Wars by Web (BASED OFF OF ADVANCE WARS: DUAL STRIKE)

Edit: Fire Emblem By Web now up too!
The backstory:
So it all started with the carride to CEO. Fullmetal whips out his DS to play some Advance Wars and im like "Man, I actually thought about bringin my DS, but brought my psp instead to listen to music, what you bout to play?" FMM replies "Advance Wars"

Dogy: "Oh yeah, you do play some advance wars. Anyway we can hop on that with one ds?"
Fmm: "Yeah, that's what was actually going to happen. I was bout to play cornell, you wanna hop in on a 3way?"
Dogy: "F*** yeah! Lets do this!"

And so, it began. S*** talk and grimmy tactics galore as FMM, Cornell, and I squared off in a 3 way dance for the duration of the trip.

But sadly, halfway back home, the DS died, so we never got to finish the game. Frown.

With that being said, FMM was like "Ya know Dogy, we should totally do some AWBW." By which I replied with 'Oh yeah, I remember that site. I registered and never actually played anybody on it, lets do it.'

Few weeks pass, and I just raised the flag to FMM today (s*** load of logic fail on my part, and i got raaaaaaaped)

Gettin' Started
So how do you start playin with us?

It's easy, register, and then either create a game or ask one of us to start a game. The site has a crapload of maps (read: too **** many), built for all sizes ranging from single player (lol?) all the way to 10 players, with everything inbetween. Pick your CO (or COs for tag battles) and away you go!

But Dogy, I've never played Advance Wars. Help! (Dogy's quick crash course)
Oh, my bad man. It's not too much of a problem.

The first thing you wanna are the rules. Object of the game is to obviously win by either 1) killing all of your opponent(s) units or 2) capturing their headquarters.

To do this, you have to use (or build) your own units and manipulate unit matchups, terrain advantages, and your own CO powers to maintain control of the match.

Units
So, the main thing you wanna know is units and terrain. Those are (in large) constants. No, this isn't like Starcraft where you have to remember specifically what beats what, but you do want to know just straight up what they do (i.e. Artillery are indirect units that can shoot 2-3 spaces, and Bombers are planes that CANNOT attack other air units).

Now, while all this info would be at your fingertips if you were playing the game, it's not on the site (cause their wiki is down) So Advance Wars: Dual Strike - Unit Guide (GameFAQs) there you go.

Terrain
*find some terrain guide and stick it here*.

COs
The other important thing to know is the COs. And yes, because there are differences, some are better than others (and it changes based of what units you use, what factories are availible, etc).

The differences between COs include stuff such as
-The boosts (or decreases) to their Unit's stats
-The cost of making units
-Their ability to move through terrian
-Their CO powers
CO List (including boosts + CO Powers)

Ender..stuff
And that's bout all I have off the top of my head. If people keep asking questions, I might throw together a quick FAQ thing for starters, but it's just advance wars by web. It's kool. Another way to burn time at a cpu.

The current roster of ATL South players:
*in no specific order*

0)SWF Name (AWBW Name)
1)Dogysamich (Dogysamich)
2)Fullmetal Marth (FullMetal-Menthol)
3)Mike G (Bikelee)
4)Jx31 (Jx31)
5)Roxy/Whatever in the f*** he goes by now (Antiximo)
6)TheSaberGuy (TheSaberGuy)
7)PROFESSIONAL SMASHER WILL_ !!! (Will_) :)

Will_

Smash Journeyman
I'd rather this be based off of DoR's engine but what can you do.

Tag is Will_.

Mike G

███████████████ 100%
BRoomer
I need to make my turn soon. I'm extra lazy in this game and Dogy keeps harassing me on AIM to make a move LOL

Dogysamich

The Designated Hype Man!
BRoomer
Man, I'm 10x worse than I thought I was at this game. :laugh::laugh:

current record is 1-5, and the only person I've beaten is jamaal.

Im currently in like... 7 active games? Think I'll wind up winnin like 2 of these ****s maybe?

Dogysamich

The Designated Hype Man!
BRoomer
Hey f*** you!!! I'm learning.

I've already been 3-0'd by will_ and still goin strong, lol.

I think my current record is like, 2-5 now. I beat a guy, tell him gg, and he's all like "I'm more of a fire emblem guy"

SPEAKING OF FIRE EMBLEM, I WENT TO CHECK THE LINK RANDOMLY CAUSE UMBY KEEPS WHINING AND GUESS WHAT?

FIRE EMBLEM BY WEB IS UP AND A-GO-GO
so if you like glorified rock paper scissors, you can hop on it. (I think it's beta from what I've seen, so maybe you can pave the way for it)

Purple

Hi guys!
Man, I'm 10x worse than I thought I was at this game. :laugh::laugh:

current record is 1-5, and the only person I've beaten is jamaal.

Im currently in like... 7 active games? Think I'll wind up winnin like 2 of these ****s maybe?
Considering I've never played the game in my **** life, that's a **** shame.

It's kind of funny because i thought you were turbo pro or something; perhaps you should start picking up Colin as your main-CO

Anomic_Punk

Smash Champion
We should change the name of this thread to "FullMetal tears Dogysamich out the frame in AWBW"

Cause that's basically whats been happening.
=P

Dogysamich

The Designated Hype Man!
BRoomer
I'll consider it when you put more L's on my record than Will has.

You've put like, 3 or 4. He's currently working on his 9th straight win.

Now this ninja jamaal on the other hand? LOLOLOLOlol

DFEAR

Smash Hero
i was so hoping the fire emblem one would be active...i was horribly mistaken D=

Ambix

Smash Ace
This was totally my idea ;__;

I never even would have learned about this if fullmetal hadn't told me about this little shindig at fap.

I've been trying to get my friends and other smashers to play advanced wars by web for almost 2 years now and no one ever wants any of it.

Put me on the list and let me know when the next game starts.

Top Bottom